KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » MR Officially Leaving

MR Officially Leaving
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

WTF?! I'm dissapointed in how theyre bringing Doomsday into the show.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:54 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Chloe is staying!! smile

----------------------

TV Guide's Mike Ausiello is reporting that Allison Mack has signed a deal to appear in the eighth season of Smallville. Prior to this time, no deal had been in place for her continuing on the show.

After the announcement of Michael Rosenbaum's departure, many fans were worried about what the future may bring... and now, hopefully everything will go through smoothly and Chloe will continue to be a part of the show in its eighth and most likely final season.

------------------------------

Smallville fans, consider this bullet officially dodged: Multiple sources confirm to me exclusively that after weeks of tense negotiations, Allison Mack has sealed a deal to return next season as a series regular!

[The crowd roars]

Although the specifics of the new contract -- which was signed just hours ago -- are being kept under wraps, I'm told it calls for Mack to appear in all episodes produced next season. As I reported earlier this week, the actress' reps were (wisely) using the imminent departure of Smallville vet Michael Rosenbaum as leverage in the negotiations. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the strategy paid off.

Here's the Smallville write-up:

Returning for its eighth season, this new interpretation of the enduring Superman mythology and its classic characters blends realism and adventure into an exciting action series. Last season, Clark Kent and Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) became the sworn enemies that comic book aficionados have always known and loved. The season also brought storylines of Krypton and the El family, including the arrival of Clark's cousin Kara, a.k.a. Supergirl (Laura Vandervoort), and the return of Brainiac (James Marsters).

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Last edited by hermione7 on May 15th, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2008 09:58 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hermione7
Doomsday
He's in his mid-20s.
He works as a bartender at the hip new Metropolis lounge Ace of Clubs (get it?).
He plays down his smoldering good looks with a self-effacing wit and down-to-earth soulfulness. But he has long felt like an outsider (hence his nickname). And beneath his charismatic, easy-going demeanor lies a brooding sense of isolation and insecurity. When he begins to delve into the haunting mysteries of his true origins, a darker truth begins to emerge, one of blood and serial murders, one of survival and utter destruction one in which he is forced to confront the true evil inside of him."

that's doomsday? are they insane?

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by hermione7
Chloe is staying!! smile

----------------------

TV Guide's Mike Ausiello is reporting that Allison Mack has signed a deal to appear in the eighth season of Smallville. Prior to this time, no deal had been in place for her continuing on the show.

After the announcement of Michael Rosenbaum's departure, many fans were worried about what the future may bring... and now, hopefully everything will go through smoothly and Chloe will continue to be a part of the show in its eighth and most likely final season.

------------------------------

Smallville fans, consider this bullet officially dodged: Multiple sources confirm to me exclusively that after weeks of tense negotiations, Allison Mack has sealed a deal to return next season as a series regular!

[The crowd roars]

Although the specifics of the new contract -- which was signed just hours ago -- are being kept under wraps, I'm told it calls for Mack to appear in all episodes produced next season. As I reported earlier this week, the actress' reps were (wisely) using the imminent departure of Smallville vet Michael Rosenbaum as leverage in the negotiations. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the strategy paid off.

Here's the Smallville write-up:

Returning for its eighth season, this new interpretation of the enduring Superman mythology and its classic characters blends realism and adventure into an exciting action series. Last season, Clark Kent and Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) became the sworn enemies that comic book aficionados have always known and loved. The season also brought storylines of Krypton and the El family, including the arrival of Clark's cousin Kara, a.k.a. Supergirl (Laura Vandervoort), and the return of Brainiac (James Marsters).

I was going to post this. Twas wonderful news about Allson Mack

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post May 15th, 2008 06:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Also Justin Hartley is also returning.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 11:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^ i would like it if chloe and ollie are together and then clark lois

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 04:22 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It seems that Kara may only be in an episode or two next season.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 07:04 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Good, it was an awful idea bringer her into the show.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 07:25 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kal of Krypton
Good, it was an awful idea bringer her into the show.

She was a welcomed addition to an already fracked up show. Hopefully the powers that be change their minds.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 09:47 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

no problems with kara returning.. she's cool

NO Lana means NO moping Clark! yehey!

Old Post May 17th, 2008 04:00 PM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Kara sucks, I'd much rather have Lana than Kara. Seriously.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 17th, 2008 04:03 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by The Pict
Kara sucks, I'd much rather have Lana than Kara. Seriously.

Well Lana will just be popping in and out since she won't be in too many episodes.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 08:27 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

found on Supermanhomepage:

HollywoodReporter.com attended the CW's upfront presentation in New York on Tuesday night, and reports that CW Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff made an interesting comment regarding "Smallville"...

As for the perception that the upcoming season will be the last for "Smallville" -- not very accurate.
"You would have said several times during its run that the show is just about dead," Ostroff said. "So I would never count it out."

So it would seem that the writers won't necessarily be using next season as a way to tie "Smallville" to the Superman mythos, if they contemplate going for a 9th season.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 02:56 PM