KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » My List: Top Fifteen Worst Spider-Man Villains Of All Time

My List: Top Fifteen Worst Spider-Man Villains Of All Time
Started by: Toku King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Rhythmic

My List: Top Fifteen Worst Spider-Man Villains Of All Time

To accompany my '15 greatest' thread, I figure that a new and opposite thread should be made. But here's what makes this list a little more different: This list takes into account many things, and some segregated from others. For example, some are on here just because they're so pathetic and ridiculous as villains, and others because they ruin what the Spidey franchise stands for, is generally a widely hated character.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:28 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

*cough* Gargan Venom *cough*

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:32 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

15. Venom III
(please log in to view the image)

What puts Venom on this list isn't how non-threatening he is, but how much controversy the guy made. Marvel took away everything that made Gargan Gargan(including personality along with the suit) to make a less interesting foe. It became a huge problem with Spidey fans, and is still considered to be one of the less intelligent of Marvel's moves. Well, that is, until Civil War, One More Day, and Brand New Day showed up.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:54 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

He should be lower, he's in the top 3 for BAD no.1 is EVERY SINGLE BND VILLAIN.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:55 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

14. Circus Of Crime

What seemed like a new and inventive idea ended up being one of the silliest and funniest ideas for a Marvel group in the sixties. We have the girl that can make a bunch of snakes do whatever she wants(that the laws of physics will offer, of course), a guy with a funny hypnotizing hat, someone who is strong, but not that strong, two midgets that flip a lot, a clown that does..... stuff, someone who eats fire, a dude that is basically a gay Montana, and a guy that shoots out of a cannon.
Even when the Ringmaster obtained one of the most dangerous items on the planet, he still lost to the Punisher in the easiest way to win ever.

Last edited by Mr. Rhythmic on May 2nd, 2008 at 09:20 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:13 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

i lol'd

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:19 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

13. White Rabbit

Imagine the Joker as a girl. Now, imagine that female Joker having a thing for rabbits, and being half as smart as the Joker. There's White Rabbit. She's top dog of the low tier villains, but Spider-Man normally takes a minute or so out of his life to beat her. What makes it even sillier is that her main targets are almost always old rich men. Boy, that sure is scary!

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:19 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

12. Freak

Freak is one of those villains that seems to have been made solely because they needed villains. What sounded somewhat interesting became two dimensional and dull. "I hate Spider-Man! He ruined my life! Yada-yada-yada!" Polled as the second worst BND villain, Freak is the Lizard and Vermin combined, but without the cool.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:24 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

10. Menace

One of my single least favorite supervillains to date, Menace is a horrid ripoff of both the Green and Hobgoblins with no interesting or redeeming values whatsoever. Spider-Man beats him easily, his mystery gimmick has been done twice in the Goblin line already, and his design is crappy. No wonder why he was polled as the worst BND villain.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:29 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

It might be MJ just to announce that Menace may be MJ.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:37 PM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

I may be getting older, but why does it go from 12 to 10?

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 01:27 AM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Magic_attack
I may be getting older, but why does it go from 12 to 10?
Didn't you hear? President Bush decided to take out number 11 because it was one of the many he couldn't seen to remember. eek!

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 01:33 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

It's called a 'typo'.
Menace is 11.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 06:51 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

10. Rocket Racer

What makes Freak, The Circus of Crime, and White Rabbit look like Dr. Octopus level threats is none other than Robert Farrell, also known as the Rocket Racer. Look out, Spider-Man! It's a guy on a hoverboard that looks like a Soul Train reject! He floats! And, um, punches with rocket speed!
Man, what was Marvel smoking?

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 06:59 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

9. Big Wheel

You may wonder; What could be worse that a guy on a hoverboard wearing a retro sixties/seventies outfit speaking 'jive'? How about a dude in a giant wheel? As if Marvel couldn't do any worse, the knuckleheads thought it would be a great idea for Spider-Man's new and dangerous enemy of the month to be a random weenie in a giant wheel that he can control like a car. Jeez, why not just chase Spidey with a monster truck or something? I bet it'd be far more effective.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 07:14 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Didn't you hear? President Bush decided to take out number 11 because it was one of the many he couldn't seen to remember. eek!

That was very good A1, epic win lulz. laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 11:03 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

8. Black Fox

As far as losers go, this guy makes the Big Wheel look like Dr. Octopus. Easily one of the weakest, most useless villains in Spider-Man history, his self proclaimed brilliant schemes are on the same level of a monkey deciding to fling poo at something. And how does he get out of the billion times he's been caught? Either persuading heroes to let him go(which is indeed impressive), or doing something so stupid that it could wreck all of New York City(like turning on the Red Ghost's doomsday device by accident), in which the heroes completely forget about him.
I don't think he even counts as a villain, so much as a quick-and-fix problem.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 05:23 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

7. The Kangaroo

Doesn't matter whether it's one or two, since the entire legacy of the Kangaroo is ridiculous. The first Kangaroo originally had no powers, and was as stupid as a brick. Easy win. He later came back, however, with a power-up. The power-up? He could jump higher than ever before. Wow! That's so impressive! Especially since Spider-Man can just web your ass back down in a nanosecond! Not to mention that he made the Rhino look like a rocket scientist. The second one was just as horrid, only now boosting an extremely terrible costume. I bet even the Black Fox is shaking his head in shame.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 05:30 PM
steverules
The doctor

Don't mean to be rude or anything but....whats the point in this thread? I mean...we all have villains we don't like and stuff but we don't make a thread about it because there's really no need for a thread about it

Old Post May 7th, 2008 06:03 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by steverules
Don't mean to be rude or anything but....whats the point in this thread? I mean...we all have villains we don't like and stuff but we don't make a thread about it because there's really no need for a thread about it

Everyone has different opinions as well...i don't see the point in the thread, it is a negative thread, but since it has not been closed i guess it will remain open....until further notice.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 06:07 PM