KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » My List: Top Fifteen Worst Spider-Man Villains Of All Time

My List: Top Fifteen Worst Spider-Man Villains Of All Time
Started by: Toku King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Rhythmic

4. Leap-Frog
(please log in to view the image)

Most likely an intentional joke of super-villainy, the 'amazing' Leap-Frog is pretty much a man in a frog suit with the exact same powers as Kangaroo(essentially). What makes him lower, you may ask? Kangaroo was stupid and had a horrible power, but even he didn't wear a frog costume and accidentally jump into walls every few pages.
I think what I like about Leap-Frog is just that. He's out-nerded and out-losered(not a word, I know) villains just as bad as him(in the big picture, at least). Spider-Man normally only take one minute out of his day when this schmuck's around.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 07:06 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I disagree on the morlun one, I actually liked Morlun and thought the storyline was great

Old Post May 10th, 2008 09:19 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Toku King
5. Morlun

Widely considered to be the kickstart of some of the most infamous Spider-Man storylines in years(up there with sins Past and OMD), Morlun is despised by many for not exactly who he is, but what he was apart of, and technically began.

No offense but although i am not a fan of him, i have never met anyone who downright hated him, he has become one of the big villains (GG, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, Lizard, chameleon, scorpion, Kraven, Sandman, etc.) and he was only in 3 issues or so.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 09:39 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
No offense but although i am not a fan of him, i have never met anyone who downright hated him

I have. Many, in fact.

quote:
he has become one of the big villains (GG, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, Lizard, chameleon, scorpion, Kraven, Sandman, etc.) and he was only in 3 issues or so.

Big for JMS and Joe Q. But to many, he was believed to have started a series of horrid retcons, not to mention that he is incredibly out of place in the Spider-Man mythos.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 09:49 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Like i said i never liked him, and i would have thought the recons begun at the time of Elkizel or whatever you call him, that or the clone saga.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 09:54 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

MA: Nobody has a problem with me over at CBR, especially since you're not around to harass me, nor is Steverules. Once again, another lie.

So much for having me on ignore, huh, liar? eek!

http://forums.comicbookresources.co...8842&page=4

But Tobu King has this habit of responding directly to any disputes and getting sidetracked. I, for one, am eager to see the end of the list before I post my own massive editorial. -2nd post from the top, WildCard 13.

That sounds exactly like here. eek!

http://forums.comicbookresources.co...ad.php?t=210482

One of my favorites-

I'm curious... What's it like to be so consistently angry about something so trivial?

Do you wake up angry or do you need to ease yourself into it? Does the ability to express your anger online help it go away or does it make it worse? Does this anger carry over to your life outside the message board, or is it only contained here?

Your psychosis is fascinating to me.
4th post from the bottom, Jake V.

laughing out loud

I admit that I am not on there much, and not alot recently. But I do go there from time to time, when this place is dead.

It is good to see that you have continued the list, keep it going. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:09 AM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

3. Chtylok The Che-K'n Kau
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/chtylo32.gif

Quite possibly the oddest creation Marvel has ever created, Chtylok was exactly what his title says: Half chicken, half cow. And what half-chicken-half-cow is complete with an outlandish origin? For some reason, an age oldcult worhipped the creature as their god. Resurrected every new moon, the tribe(called the Fall People) believed that the creature would save them from any terrible disaster. Too bad Chtylok's also an insane freak of nature.
Seriously, almost nothing can be more ridiculous or drug induced as a half-chcken-half-cow-monster.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:15 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Woah did you just pwn him?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:16 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

And to MA: There were no problems on that page except a bunch of idiots freaking out over a Scorpion typo. Dur.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:17 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

Woah did you just pwn him?

Pwn what?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:18 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

3. Chtylok The Che-K'n Kau
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/chtylo32.gif

Quite possibly the oddest creation Marvel has ever created, Chtylok was exactly what his title says: Half chicken, half cow. And what half-chicken-half-cow is complete with an outlandish origin? For some reason, an age oldcult worhipped the creature as their god. Resurrected every new moon, the tribe(called the Fall People) believed that the creature would save them from any terrible disaster. Too bad Chtylok's also an insane freak of nature.
Seriously, almost nothing can be more ridiculous or drug induced as a half-chcken-half-cow-monster.

erm

what the hell, he should have been put down long ago.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:20 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

And to MA: There were no problems on that page except a bunch of idiots freaking out over a Scorpion typo. Dur.

confused

They mention the EXACT SAME problems that we have here with you. The fact that you are easily sidetracked, losing focus with the task at hand. And that you belly-ache over the most unimportant detail.

Or are you saying that those are your good qualities?

What comic and issue is Chtylok The Che-K'n Kau from?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:21 AM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

2. Hypno-Hustler

What could be more ridiculous than a half-chicken-half-cow monster? Nothing. But what is more silly and incompetent? A good sized group. And one of the leaders of that group has to be the all mighty Hypno-Hustler. Using music to control people is one thing, but not having the common sense to know that people have something called earplugs, along with the fact that his most dangerous weapon is a stun laser(and he has awful accuracy with it, even by comic thug standards) makes even more sad.
Oh, and let's not forget that he speaks more 'jive' than Rocket Racer and Shaft combined, and has one crazy costume yo(the 'yo' felt fitting for his description).

Last edited by Mr. Rhythmic on May 10th, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:33 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

erm

what the hell, he should have been put down long ago.

......You're kidding, right?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:34 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

Anyone have any guesses for my #1?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:35 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Painter?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:57 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

so many to choose from.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 11:08 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

so many to choose from.

There are very, very, very few worse than Hypno-Hustler and Chtylok.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 11:16 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

1. The Walrus

If there is any gimmick that sounded funny, it's the Walrus. However, you could do some stories with that.
Or, you could make the likes of Hubert Carpenter, and absolute idiot with no motive whatsoever, is so stupid that he wears velcroes(sp?) because he can't tie his shoes, thinks being good at crossword puzzles is a superpower, and took his costume and catchphrase from a Beatles album.
And who can forget the first epic battle between Spider-Man and the Walrus? Peter took one glance at the sluggish villain, and literally burst into laughter. In fact, he laughed so hard, that he fell on the floor and couldn't get up. Walrus took this chance to clock Spidey over the head with his fist, with little done to the hero.
Oh, but who can forget how Spider-Man stopped this vicious foe? By flicking him on the head. Seriously. One flick, and Carpenter was down for the count.
These are the times that you get to look at these villains, and instead of always having an epic battle, being able to sit back and laugh at something so ridiculous that it's one of the best forms of entertainment, and good ol' Walrus is certainly the perfect example.
Hubert Carpenter, I crown you the worst Spider-Man villain of all time!

Old Post May 10th, 2008 11:31 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

To go back over the list:

15. Venom III
14. Circus of Crime
13. The White Rabbit
12. Freak
11. Menace
10. Rocket Racer
9. Big Wheel
8. The Black Fox
7. Kangaroo
6. Carnage
5. Morlun
4. Leap-Frog
3. Chtylok the Che-K'n Kau
2. Hypno-Hustler
1. The Walrus

Old Post May 10th, 2008 11:35 AM