KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » The Great Chase

From Nazi's to Gangsters, Thuggee's, Grail protectors to more Nazi's!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Truck chase (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 7 77.78%
Shanghai mob chase (Temple of Doom) 0 0%
Mine Car chase (Temple of Doom) 0 0%
Venice boat chase (The Last Crusade) 0 0%
Motorcycle chase (The Last Crusade) 2 22.22%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Great Chase
Started by: Stun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

From all trailer evidence, Ive seen.

Looks like Dreyfuss is gonna have to get some reconstructive surgery to his anus, by the time this movie is done..

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 10:32 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Trailer evidence... hmmm....

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 10:53 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Super 8 is name of the movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 12:51 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:07 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You need the latest trailer..

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:16 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh dear.

Might wait til DVD.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:24 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Theres a bit of ET/Goonies in it with the kids.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:32 PM
queeq
Chaos

ET - CE3K and Cloverfield.

Looks nice though

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:46 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres a bit of ET/Goonies in it with the kids.

He seems to be obsessed...and its a sickening trademark of his that lowers the standard of much of his filmmaking, imo.

IE: Nothing lower more crass, cheapshottish and lazy/yawnsome than the old kids in danger motif.... (except pets in danger.)

(Cause it takes a good movie/movie maker to make you care about fully grown adults in peril.)

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 13th, 2011 at 02:21 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 02:18 PM
queeq
Chaos

I dunno. That's a bit harsh. ET was good, so was The Goonies.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 03:12 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah....so? stick out tongue

Takes nothing away from the needless usage/repetition since.
War of the worlds could have been good.
Jurassic Park coulda been so much better if it weren't for this constant habit of his..
Im sick of awesome looking trailers about giant robots battling, Dinosaurs going apeshit, alien invasions here to enslave humanity, and loads of other really cool shit, then having the film turn out to be about some barely related family drama. Borrrrrrrrr-innnnnnnng. He got the balance right in Close Encounters, (As the family element WAS part of the story (Brilliantly showing the distancing as Roy descended into his "madness") then buggered it up since.

Sixth Sense may have worked based on its surprise twists..
but Shyamalan was a knob in thinking that cameos by himself and the twist thing were gonna sustain his career.

Similar thing with SS.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 13th, 2011 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 03:17 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, I agree with SS being so focussed on family bliss. It's a repetitious thing I don't get. That's what ruined AI for me (even though it was Kubrick's idea to have the ending the way it was, I do think he douwld have done it differently in the end). I loved Minority Report but even there he had to add this little epiologue of familiy bliss. Luckily it was short, but rather unnecessary. WotW indeed suffers from this family bliss thing a lot.

This one though, seems to be an adventure by kids... Much like The Goonies. And I am still giving Abrams a lot of credit after Cloverfield, Lost, MI3 and Star Trek. He has not failed miserably yet.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 09:23 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Cool. I concede that Minority Report was decent.

Cloverfield was 'a bit dodgy'..that was Abrams' near-fail experience.. but I agree otherwise. MI3...yeah I enjoyed that.
Star Trek and LOST were almost entirely down to Damon Lindelhof (And Carlton Cuse, in LOST's case)

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 11:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Cloverfield made me sick when i went to see it, The shaking of the handheld camera

so any more movie thats done like that i'll just hire them out on dvd.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 12:01 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Cloverfield made me sick when i went to see it, The shaking of the handheld camera

Shit man, the acting alone made me feel that way.... stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 12:32 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And to think they wanted to do a sequel.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 12:47 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

sick

One of the great near misses in human history.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 12:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah come on... it wasn't that bad.

I only saw it on DVD... and I liked it. I thought it worked well.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 02:07 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

But if you'd spent like 30 bucks going out with the missus to the cinema, and you got puked on by someone behind you, who span out on motion sickness...? stick out tongue

The acting f***ing sucked, man..!!!!!!
ZERO believability for the most part, then when there WAS some acting, I didnt care because the characters werent really defined worth a damn. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh *Overload* Zzzzzzttt.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 06:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

Sadako dies...

The camera was the main character here.

And Abrams didn't direct.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 06:41 AM