KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Kimbo Slice Fantasy Fights

Kimbo Slice Fantasy Fights
Started by: Cosmo Kramer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

you guyz are really underrating Butterbean. The guy is doing pretty ****ing good in MMA considering his super heavyweight status and his weak ground game.

even though he does have a few submission victory under his belt.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 08:11 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

I'm going to have a good Oct/Nov. First Fedor vs Andre, then Randy vs Brock. Niiiice.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 07:58 AM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

Eh... I guess Fedor got dropped from Affliction. Don't really want to pay for a ticket to see Andre vs Barnett.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 07:09 AM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Kimbo Slice is overrated.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 02:09 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

That was a very nice set up on saturday night.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

14 seconds laughing out loud laughing

Hopefully this will dispel the myth that Kimbo can be a legitimate fighter in the professional realm. 14 seconds laughing

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 09:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I find it comical how some folks are saying he took a dive. He did not...he was KO fair and square. The man is fraud and nothing more than a Youtube hoax.

His next move now is go to the WWE with all the actors and clowns from that circus. He will fit perfectly!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:03 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

First off let me say this, I always thought of Kimbo Slice as a "Flavor of the month". I was one of those people like WD who thought Kimbo was WAYYY overated.

Now as for WD saying

quote:
I find it comical how some folks are saying he took a dive.

I think people have a right to question the fight for two major reasons, well these are my reasons for believing the fight MIGHT have been fixed.

1) Seth Petruzelli punches did not look THAT solid.
2) Kimbo made no/little attempt to cover up once he was hit.

Now, I know that there exists the possibility that Kimbo just is not MMA material (has a glass jaw) and that he didn't cover up due to being "stunned". Well it is possible that Kimbo is out, I guess only time will tell. Personally I am glad that the fight shut up Kimbo Slice Fan-boys for a bit.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:18 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I doubt it was fixed. Kimbo's EliteXC bread and butter. I think he saw a guy with pink hair across from him that found about the fight a few hours earlier and got careless.

Anybody knows (links?) if Dana White commented on the fight? Im curious as what he had to say about it.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:22 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Kimbo's chin is in suspect now. That jab may not have had power, but it was a quick strike. Seth has an excellent Karate background, and he's overall a decent mixed martial artist. Kimbo on the other hand is a street fighter who's only been training with Bas Rutten for a short amoutn of time.

Originally posted by Biff Tannen
Eh... I guess Fedor got dropped from Affliction. Don't really want to pay for a ticket to see Andre vs Barnett.
Dropped? He's still with Affliction, just not on the next event.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:55 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I don't believe that Kimbo took a dive but i can certainly understand why people would think otherwise.

His opponent went from Shamrock to an under card fighter on the same day of the fight. Shamrock was injured the morning of the fight because the cat he trains with and has trained with for years accidently head butter Shamrock, causing an old wound to rupture. This alone sounds suspicious but, Kimbo's team openly admitted to accepting the change for more money. That dispels a dive for me.

The fight looked fixed if you over estimated Kimbo. His footing was that of an amateur (at best) and when he first fell to the ground he neglected to act on his opponents open legs for a take down. He also neglected to try and protect himself. Again, if you thought Kimbo was some kind of professional fighter then these two aspects would look very suspicious. He is not a professional by any means, though. He may be an incredible brawler but the blank expression on his face after the match says all you need to know. That man was dazed and confused. I respect what Kimbo tried to do. He tried to have a Rocky story but a 9-4 under card stole his Rocky story in 14 seconds. Kimbo was, however, very humble during his post fight interview so good on for him.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 11:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Lock
fantasy fights?

Kimbo needs ALOT of training still with Bas Rutten to even be considered fighting any top MMA fighters. Why are you mentioning boxers when he's not a boxer?

i'd like to see Kimbo fight a few decent competitions right now and then move to the higher tier fighters.

Probably mentioning boxers names since Kimbo can't fight for crap on the ground.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 12:48 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Indeed he is.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 09:00 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Probably mentioning boxers names since Kimbo can't fight for crap on the ground.
he has not background in Boxing. no point at all.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 01:42 AM
mr.smiley

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I don't believe that Kimbo took a dive but i can certainly understand why people would think otherwise.

His opponent went from Shamrock to an under card fighter on the same day of the fight. Shamrock was injured the morning of the fight because the cat he trains with and has trained with for years accidently head butter Shamrock, causing an old wound to rupture. This alone sounds suspicious but, Kimbo's team openly admitted to accepting the change for more money. That dispels a dive for me.

The fight looked fixed if you over estimated Kimbo. His footing was that of an amateur (at best) and when he first fell to the ground he neglected to act on his opponents open legs for a take down. He also neglected to try and protect himself. Again, if you thought Kimbo was some kind of professional fighter then these two aspects would look very suspicious. He is not a professional by any means, though. He may be an incredible brawler but the blank expression on his face after the match says all you need to know. That man was dazed and confused. I respect what Kimbo tried to do. He tried to have a Rocky story but a 9-4 under card stole his Rocky story in 14 seconds. Kimbo was, however, very humble during his post fight interview so good on for him.

Exactly.
The only people screaming fix are those who were putting too much into the Kimbo hype train.
Kimbo lost fair and square,and any educated fan who saw Seths picture show up as the replacement knew Kimbo was in trouble.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 09:56 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

LOL, Dana White said if Kimbo wanted a job, he could try for The Ultimate Fighter. I think if Kimbo wanted to earn his respect and ours (most of us anyways). He should do it.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm...4&zoneid=13

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

It would be a benefit for both parties probably.
Kimbo would get to stay in the lime light and the ratings for the show would probably go through the roof.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 10:27 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
he has not background in Boxing. no point at all.

No there was a point at the time since they were trying to get him to fight nothing but boxers mma style....but now I definitely agree with you no point at all. confused

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 05:52 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Kimbo vs Roy Nelson Wednesday

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 08:16 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by guy222
Kimbo vs Roy Nelson Wednesday
On paper, Roy should win this easily.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 10:52 PM