KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Kung Fu Hustle Question

Kung Fu Hustle Question
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Kung Fu Hustle Question

Ok, within the film Kung Fu Hustle at one point the criminal organisation The Axe Gang hires two assassins whom disguise themselves as Harpists (their also something of a homage to the blues brothers). However, they use a Chinese instrument known as a Guquin. For some reason alot of people who see this film state that it isn't a true Guquin, but something of a hybrid of a Guzheng and a Guquin.

My question is this. What is the discerning factor that makes this noticeable. IE : Why isn't the instrument a Guquin ? Is it something trivial (One string too many ?) or a big noticeable difference (Different shape, missing all of the 'guts' etc) ?

The scene in question (and some close ups of said Guquin/Guzhen) are in the you tube video below.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 08:33 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Dude, and don't take this the wrong way, but this is so random and who the f*ck cares?

Old Post May 8th, 2008 12:55 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Dude, and don't take this the wrong way, but this is so random and who the f*ck cares?

I liked the scene and all the negative comments it was getting 'THAT'S NOT A REAL GUQUIN' were getting on my nerves.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 06:36 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Okay, my bad.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 04:28 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Okay, my bad.

S'alright. I do understand it is a bit of an odd question to ask.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 07:51 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I don't really know, but man, what a great scene that was.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 01:36 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

possibly it was created by them to suit their needs...b/c both of them play it at one point....just a guess smile

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post May 19th, 2008 01:12 AM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote