KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

I'm leaning towards Typhus so far...

Morg himself is a formidable match for Silver Adaptoid, add in the other heralds at the same time and it seems hard for me to accept Silver Adaptoid can win

Also, what is so special about Cap's shield?

PS: take my comments with a grain of salt, i haven't read all the arguments (finishing up 2 final papers)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:55 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

it absorbs energy, especially kinetic energy like a whistle blow in a sound proof room, in the middle of deep space.

and it can be thrown by cap pretty hard and with a lot of damage to the opponent, someone with even twice his strength coupled with his throwing skill is fatal.

oh and the scan of the shield hurting ulysses klaw, klaw is vulnerable to vibranium as it absorbs the sound that keeps his quasi-solid body intact.
not the same as stardust at all.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:00 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

And here, he’s bested by the Thing. Once again, he overpowers his opponent, but it beaten by the human determination of his weaker adversary.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
SA’s mind just seems like a restraint to Surfer, who has overcome similar odds when dealing with overwhelming opponents. Cap, Thing, and Spidey were all much weaker opponents and were able to beat SA, I don’t see how putting him in Surfers body will suddenly make him unbeatable when he’s versing Surfer level opponents working as a team and complimenting each others abilities.

And about your sensing my opponents, that argument just strengthens my position because my team has cosmic awareness as well, and can sense the immense energy build up and prepare. You are greatly overestimating your amalgam.

As for the Nega-bands recharge scan, that’s nowhere near the scale you’re talking about. He hasn’t expended a huge amount of energy in a field consuming attack and is trying to fully recharge to deal with 4 heralds INSTANTLY since he’s following right behind the blast wave.

Also, your attack totally relies on impaling Terrax with the board, which as I’ve said, isn’t happening. You have no backup and your scans are remotely related to the battle at best. My strategy is much more in character and likely. In all the scans I’ve found, SA’s style isn’t represented by your plan and he’s consistently beaten by weaker opponents.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:02 AM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Typhus
Again, you’re planning like SA knows the ins and outs of my team, He doesn’t know who he’s fighting. Why does he assume Terrax is the weakest in my team and target him out first? He teleports to a member of my team (who are all defending behind a portal) and he’s in the middle of four blade wielding opponents. He’s not so fast that Terrax will be dead before my team can act, now you’re greatly overestimating your character.

In case you missed it I had the Super Adaptoid use the Cosmic Awareness of Surfer to pick up details on your team, and as Surfer demonstates here powers/abilities and such ARE picked up by his Cosmic Awareness…
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/...99600411no5.jpg
So I WILL know the abilities of your team.

And his ability to read energy signatures
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/...vil28116hz4.jpg

Means that I’ll know that Terrsx has less power than the rest of your team.

And again if your team already has a plan they are moving to execute and have to suddenly stop and deal with the spatial energy wave, what makes you think any of them are going to be available to save Terrax when I do something like this to him…
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7915/ff26013zt6.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/...ors01712rs1.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/...ors01713uv2.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/...ors01716ep3.jpg

And what makes you think Terrax will be able to do anything AT ALL to prevent given his obvious vulnerability to Surfer’s speed?

Best case scenario for you would be getting the drop on who you hope is the weakest opponent and get in a hit before you’re jumped but the rest of my team. Worst case scenario you’re too drained from the attack to follow up, and as you’re recharging your energy, My team rushes you and demolishes SA with minimal struggle.

No in a best case scenario(from my POV) would be plowing into Terrax while your team is plastered against the dome from the spatial energy wave. The worst case scenario would be your reacting to the wave and me having to teleport past your portal before slamming Terrax into the dome at a 1000x lightspeed and pinning him to the dome like he does Durok(who’s stronger than Thor) here…
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...hor19317sy8.jpg

Touch him while he’s pinned(since touch instantly adapts powers), and then decapitate him with the Sword of Light. Total elapse time before Terrax‘s death= 3 seconds, and that’s in the BEST case scenario for your team.

Look, my guys aren’t going to fight you in a series of one on ones, that’s not what I meant. That’s not tactically sound and really out of character. I meant that when one of my team needs a breather, he’ll have the freedom to pull out and recharge because there’s still 3 others to keep Adaptoid busy. And ‘keep busy’ is being generous. Once his board is destroyed, while he’s busy exchanging hits with Morg - Terrax, Redshift, or Stardust can come in from behind and drive their weapon right between SA’s shoulder blades.

One of your team will never get the chance for a breather because they’re not going to last that long due to my superior strength, speed, skill, and equipment. There’s not a single person on your team with the POSSIBLE exception of Stardust that I can’t one shot.

And again, all your scans are of Silver Surfer, and now even a scan of Doctor Doom using Silver Surfer’s powers. It just isn’t relevant. The way Doom and Surfer use the powers are different than the way a clinical machine mind will. In that same line of thought, I could claim that all my characters can do similar feats because they have all been granted the power cosmic, it just doesn’t work that way. He can use all of Surfers powers, but not apply them the way more creative minds such as Surfer and Doom can.

Aren’t you basing your characters abilities off of Surfer’s though? I haven’t seen a single speed feat for any of your team and you’re automatically assuming they can react to the opening blast…

And here’s an example of the difference between Surfer using Surfer’s powers and SA using Surfer’s powers.

Surfer can evolve life and transmute creatures into other creatures right? Now since I have full knowledge of how to use Surfer’s powers I could do both of those things just as well but unlike Surfer I couldn’t steer the evolution/transmutation to create an entirely different species because I lack the creativity to come up with one.

All I’m doing is setting up a blast I KNOW is within my capabilities and switching out one type of energy for another more efficient type, there’s no creativity needed for that.
Here, Morg practically one shots Silver Surfer:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Having SA’s mind does not make him exponentially stronger, it grants him more abilities, however he still has Surfer’s durability. Morg can take Surfer, and now Morg has backup, SA is going down.

Having SA's mind doesn't, you're right about that. But having the ability to increase his strength to the combined levels of Herc and Lex DOES. As for durability, I have either Surfer's or the combined durability of Lex's battle suit and Hercules, whichever's greater(and I'm betting on the combination). And aside from that level of durability I also have Surfer's speed and the skill's and equipment of Cap and the Black Knight working for me.

Morg gets beaten by Surfer when Surfer's unarmed, physically weaker, and DOESN'T have the uber offensive/defensive weapons(as well as the skill to use them) of Captain America and the Black Knight.

Just think about it, if Cap's shield can actually HURT Wonderman...
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2909/mgn2742qx4.jpg

And KO Namor...
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/...4decembeaq7.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/...4decemberc0.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/...4decembelq6.jpg

...when it's only backed by Cap's "peak human" level strength, then what are Morg's chances of retaining consciousness after getting tagged with it by someone with the combined strength of Herc and Lex's power suit? I can tell you what his chances are are... ZERO.

And as I’ve said, Stardust can reform his body with minimal effort:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Stardust is not getting taken out by a copy of Cap’s shield. Here we see a Mjolnir copy could not prevent him from reforming.

Does BRB’s hammer have Cap’s track record of disrupting/injuring energy beings the way Cap’s shield does? No… then it not affecting Stardust like that is inconsequential. If nothing else a couple of shot’s from Cap’s shield would leave Stardust damaged/disoriented enough for my guy to do this…

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...mic/surfer3.jpg

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:03 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by psycho gundam
it absorbs energy, especially kinetic energy like a whistle blow in a sound proof room, in the middle of deep space.

and it can be thrown by cap pretty hard and with a lot of damage to the opponent, someone with even twice his strength coupled with his throwing skill is fatal.
ah i see, thanks

I'm still leaning towards typhus

since his shield can only block one direction at a time...and if he is blocking, then he isn't using it to attack. if he uses it to attack, then he loses the defensive advantage. Typhus teams numbers seem a bit hard to overcome.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:03 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

count my vote for typhus for the time being

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:04 AM
darthgoober

And here, SA has absorbed Warbird’s flight, yet cannot control it anywhere NEAR as well as she can, which allows Spiderman to own him.
So to reiterate, YES he has the powers, but NO it does not make him anywhere near as adept at using them as the person he copied them from.

That's not the true Super Adaptoid, it's a human who was given powers similar to the Super Adaptoid. Do you have anything from the character who makes up my amalgam to suggest such a thing is true for him?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:08 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

after reading, i got to go with goober on this one... his planning and strategy just seem to strike more of a chord with me, like they're the more likely outcome...

goober vote...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Originally posted by darthgoober
That's not the true Super Adaptoid, it's a human who was given powers similar to the Super Adaptoid. Do you have anything from the character who makes up my amalgam to suggest such a thing is true for him?

Just his own words:

(please log in to view the image)

He says the Quantum Bands he duplicated where inferior to the real thing, and from what I've seen, the same goes for copied abilities.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:13 AM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

And here, he’s bested by the Thing. Once again, he overpowers his opponent, but it beaten by the human determination of his weaker adversary.
SA’s mind just seems like a restraint to Surfer, who has overcome similar odds when dealing with overwhelming opponents. Cap, Thing, and Spidey were all much weaker opponents and were able to beat SA, I don’t see how putting him in Surfers body will suddenly make him unbeatable when he’s versing Surfer level opponents working as a team and complimenting each others abilities.

You're really using an instance where SA was confined to using only one or two templates as proof that he can be beaten by your team? Of course the Thing was able to put him down because he was only as strong/durable as the Thing himself at the time. My guy is more powerful, stronger, more durable, faster, more skilled and equipped with far better weaponry at his disposal than anyone on your team. Since you decided to send them in one and two at a time none of them are going to last past the opening shield bash or sword swipe.

And about your sensing my opponents, that argument just strengthens my position because my team has cosmic awareness as well, and can sense the immense energy build up and prepare. You are greatly overestimating your amalgam.

I'm sorry what was it you said here...
And again, all your scans are of Silver Surfer, and now even a scan of Doctor Doom using Silver Surfer’s powers. It just isn’t relevant. The way Doom and Surfer use the powers are different than the way a clinical machine mind will. In that same line of thought, I could claim that all my characters can do similar feats because they have all been granted the power cosmic, it just doesn’t work that way. He can use all of Surfers powers, but not apply them the way more creative minds such as Surfer and Doom can.

So far you've tried to milk the known abilities of Surfer for speed(by assuming your team is fast enough to react to my amalgam despite there being ZERO speed feats to their credit) and now you're trying to say that they have the same cosmic senses as he does... laughing out loud

As Galactus himself establishes here...
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/...98901905ly9.jpg

The senses of his herald are NOT equal.

As for the Nega-bands recharge scan, that’s nowhere near the scale you’re talking about. He hasn’t expended a huge amount of energy in a field consuming attack and is trying to fully recharge to deal with 4 heralds INSTANTLY since he’s following right behind the blast wave.

I set up the blast during prep and then recharged afterwards(but before the match itself starts). I'll be fully replenished when the bell rings even if I have to drain all the energy from the Sun to do it(SA is an villain, so the condition of our sun is inconsequential to him).

Also, your attack totally relies on impaling Terrax with the board, which as I’ve said, isn’t happening. You have no backup and your scans are remotely related to the battle at best. My strategy is much more in character and likely. In all the scans I’ve found, SA’s style isn’t represented by your plan and he’s consistently beaten by weaker opponents.

Two instances of Surfer's speed being too much for Terrax to react to isn't proof?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:28 AM
darthgoober

Just his own words:

(please log in to view the image)

He says the Quantum Bands he duplicated where inferior to the real thing, and from what I've seen, the same goes for copied abilities.

That's because uber item's like the Quantum Bands and Thor's hammer ARE replicated imperfectly, but the same doesn't hold true of general abilities and powers or even all complex items(he's copied Iron Man's armor, Cap's shield, and the Nega Bands with NO difference shown or stated).

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:31 AM
darthgoober

oh and the scan of the shield hurting ulysses klaw, klaw is vulnerable to vibranium as it absorbs the sound that keeps his quasi-solid body intact.
not the same as stardust at all.

That's why I also included these scan...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:33 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Hehe...

Using Lex's suit. Irony.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:36 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

That's why I also included these scan...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg
goober, one question: If SA uses the shield offensively, doesn't he lose his one defensive advantage and open himself up for attack by the other three heralds?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:40 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Starscream M
ah i see, thanks

I'm still leaning towards typhus

since his shield can only block one direction at a time...and if he is blocking, then he isn't using it to attack. if he uses it to attack, then he loses the defensive advantage. Typhus teams numbers seem a bit hard to overcome.

What makes you think he'll need to block more than one direction at a time? He's going to have Terrax dead in the opening seconds and Stardust won't be far behind. Morg and Red Shift are both brawlers and given my characters far superior speed and skill taking them on is going to be a snap.

And even if I throw my shield it's not going to leave me defenseless. I'll still have Surfer's speed, Cap's skills at dodging, Black Knight's skills(and an Uber Mystic Sword that can parry anything my opponents throw at me), and either the combined durability of Herc and Lex's power suit or the durability of the Surfer(whichever's greater).

And that's not counting Surfer's capacity for creating force fields...
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/...99712527ks9.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...hor47014fn6.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/...v3146p12if3.jpg

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:43 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Starscream M
goober, one question: If SA uses the shield offensively, doesn't he lose his one defensive advantage and open himself up for attack by the other three heralds?

I targeted Terrax first so I don't even have to use the shield at first, I can use the Sword of Light to take him out. Also see the above post.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:44 AM
Starscream M

I targeted Terrax first so I don't even have to use the shield at first, I can use the Sword of Light to take him out. Also see the above post.
I appreciate your assessment

but it seems the picture you're painting has Surfer kinda doing all the aggression and the other team is simply reacting

whereas I find it more likely that at the second the match starts, both sides are going at each other

you have 4 heralds against one powered up herald

Surfer as you say would try to take out terrax at the start...and I would agree a few seconds would be all that is needed, assuming he was facing terrax alone. but here, he has 3 other heralds unleashing blasts and attacks at him at the get go, so I don't think taking out terrax would be as simple as you believe.

and similarly, the forcefield is effective, and in your scans protected him against powerful attacks...but the combined attacks of several heralds seems to me to leave him no breathing room to really take advantage of it as much as a one on one battle affords

I just find the numbers a bit too much to overcome...facing 4 heralds is not the same as facing 4 heralds one at a time in a row, its facing all 4 at once.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:51 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Why is Bruce debating against Darth?

Anyway, Darth out debated, and countered more than enough for me to say he won.

I vote for Darth.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:08 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Why is Bruce debating against Darth?

Anyway, Darth out debated, and countered more than enough for me to say he won.

I vote for Darth.
aren't we supposed to explain why we vote one way or the other? I thought that was what Evangel wanted.

I find it more helpful for Goober to attempt to sway my vote if I lay out the reasons why i voted for Typhus rather than if I just posted that Typhus outdebated Goober.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:10 AM
darthgoober

(for goob's post)

i know the surfer can defeat them all single handedly but the only REAL factor is if the adaptoid can permanently rid of a herald he attacks quickly enough to avoid getting triple teamed by the unoccupied heralds?

That's the thing, it doesn't matter if he ends up getting triple teamed. Surfer's faster than any of my opponents by a fair amount and that speed is now complimented by the combined skills and equipment of the Black Knight and Captain America.

And that's aside from the fact that Cap's shield and the Sword of Light are backed by the combined strength of Herc and Lex, I think it's safe to say that he's more than capable of taking down any of them fairly quickly.

And since there's been nothing to suggest that anyone on his team can react to or counter the spatial energy wave in the opening second of the match it means that his entire team is going to be plastered to the dome for the first part of the match(giving me aple time to take out both Terrax and Stardust).

for me, the only thing holding my vote for you is the speed in which SA can dispatch his opponents to lessen their numbers because he gets their abilities when he mimics them, not their added power to his own.

You seem to be mistaken. Super Adaptoid CAN "stack" attributes, he just avoids it because of his limit on using templates(which the Silver Adaptoid lacks)...

SA "stacks" the mental abilities of Dr. Druid and Mentallo...
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/...sv128820zu0.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/...sv128822ao3.jpg

SA "stacks" the strength of Thor and Hercules to overpower Herc...
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...ers04516ea4.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/...ers04517wv9.jpg

So when I adapt the powers of Terrax and the rest, I'll have the Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic of Terrax added to it.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:10 AM