KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
Darthgoober:
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Air Legend(vote's worth 3)
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
Loot-Supervoter(vote's worth 3)

Typhus
psycho gundam(vote's worth 3)
King Kandy

Awaiting Typhus/Undecided/On-Hold/etc
Bentley
Starscream M

Is there anyone else that intends on voting? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

-Evangel94

I believe you forgot to include my vote by mistake E. I'll update it for you:

Darthgoober:
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Air Legend(vote's worth 3)
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
Illadelph12
Loot-Supervoter(vote's worth 3)

Typhus
psycho gundam(vote's worth 3)
King Kandy

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 15th, 2008 04:53 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

At this point my vote would count for little, but I'll go with Typhus in this one. Why? I can see his team beating Silver Adaptoid and he fought a hard battle to the very end, and I see it pretty much as PG did: Terrax is not going down that fast.

I vote like this in part because I believe that the vote count should reflect how close is this battle, that I can see Typhus team winning and that the thing he lacked the most to control this fight was something he has no control about: His character feats. Typhus team is very capable and dangerous, but its a thing hard to prove.

However, I think that Typhus could have done a better work, with his prep time along with his arguments. Darth's debate in the other hand was flawless, and I think thats why he deserves the win in the tourney, from my point of view it was easier to go with the team of four against one character, but Darth defended it very well and turned what could have been an uphill battle into the opposite. Also he is an integral debater and answered all my questions very well, which in my book is something more worthy of a congratulation than winning itself.

All in all, I still vote for Typhus, he still did a great job, and I'm sure he will be more prepared for future tournaments.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

I know some people were waiting for my final rebuttal, but I was unable to devote serious time to the debate today, and I think it would be a disservice to the battle if I pulled a last minute not fully thought out defense. Sorry if it's anticlimactic, but I said what I can.

Anyway, thanks, everyone - hope you enjoyed the match. And well played, Darth.

Jate akaanir. Good fight.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 09:03 AM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

both competitors were great, the herald showdown didn't disappoint.

but isn't past due for darthgoober's naming as the champion?

Old Post May 15th, 2008 06:27 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
both competitors were great, the herald showdown didn't disappoint.

but isn't past due for darthgoober's naming as the champion?

Well, I wanted to make sure that if people still wanted to share their opinion on the battle, that they had a chance to get it on record while the battle thread was still up.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 15th, 2008 at 07:34 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2008 07:26 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Congratulations darth ! That was some of the best debating all threw out the tourney I've seen around here in a while.. I especially enjoyed your match with Digi. Happy to see you bringing the title back to team headquarters.. wink

Old Post May 15th, 2008 07:30 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I am officially ending this match, both competitors did a great job, and it could have gone either way. Thank you to everyone who voted in this tournament and contributed to make this tournament a success.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Old Post May 15th, 2008 11:14 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Well done Goober and Typhus.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 16th, 2008 12:14 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote