KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Do you still use VHS?

Do you still use VHS?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Haven't used a VHS is a very long time or owned a player, probably close to 12-13 years now. I kept one VHS tape, Disney's The Little Mermaid, because it has the very limited cover with the dildo hidden in the artwork by the disgruntled artist. Might be worth some $$$ some day

laughing out loud Please scan that in and post it. I gotta see it.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I wish I still had a VCR, the nostalgia value alone with being able to play VHS tapes would be legendary.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
laughing out loud Please scan that in and post it. I gotta see it.

You can find it all over the internetwebers:

(please log in to view the image)

A more detailed look:

Rumor is the artist was going to be fired, so he had one final laugh before he left. Disney claims that it was unintentional and the spire just happens to look like a penis/dildo. They quickly altered the pic in later prints.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

laughing out loud laughing out loud

That's awesome. I think i even see a big throbbing vein on it, too. laughing out loud

Suck it, Disney. Suck it.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 05:18 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

sad

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 01:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Dunno, still can't see VHS making a come back like vinyl records did with music.

Have to admit, I kind of want to buy a vintage top-loader VHS player. Not to play/watch cassettes, just always liked the way those looked, The very late 70's/early 80's ones.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 08:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still use VHS's and cassette tapes, yes.

They'll never make a comeback because unlike digital media they're prone to mechanical wear every time you playback, re-record, etc.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 03:24 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kurk
I still use VHS's and cassette tapes, yes.

They'll never make a comeback because unlike digital media they're prone to mechanical wear every time you playback, re-record, etc.

What do you watch?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:08 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
What do you watch?
The last one I physically put into the VHS; let's see.....

I think it was The Rugrats Movie, but that was over 5 years ago. Of course I don't use VHS regularly, or watch movies regularly for that matter.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:48 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh dare someone ban Kurk! Inconceivable!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:44 PM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not like I am gonna get new films on it

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 05:50 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Do you still use VHS?

Nope.

Those were the glory days, though.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 07:21 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I still have one/used it just last week for the first time since I retired in 2013 to watch Disney’s HERCULES of all things.

On a side note, Ursula looks like she’s ready to abuse the golden compass...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 04:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

No. VHS was awful. Good riddance. The snapping and cracking of the sound and having to fix the tracking with the picture. It was terrible. It wasn't charming snaps and pops like you get with vinyl records. At least vinyl has awesome sound quality on good speakers.

I'll never forget when my brother and (future) sister-in-law (at the time) had The Matrix and Twister on DVD and I was blown away by the clarity. Ha... and now we have Blu-ray and 4k Bluray.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2019 07:38 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Cleaning out the upstairs closet and found a box of old 90s TV shows on VHS I forgot I made...

Seaquest DSV and Earth2 Imma watch this weekend...

Farscape, Babylon 5, Space:Above and Beyond... man I missed these shows.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 07:39 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Wow you recorded them on analogue cable??

Excellent!!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 07:19 AM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
No. VHS was awful. Good riddance. The snapping and cracking of the sound and having to fix the tracking with the picture. It was terrible. It wasn't charming snaps and pops like you get with vinyl records. At least vinyl has awesome sound quality on good speakers.

I'll never forget when my brother and (future) sister-in-law (at the time) had The Matrix and Twister on DVD and I was blown away by the clarity. Ha... and now we have Blu-ray and 4k Bluray.

Sounds like you just had a crappy VCR/movies. huh
My VCR and movies are ancient and I dont have those issues.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 08:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Dude111
Wow you recorded them on analogue cable??

Excellent!!

HAH! We didn't have cable out in the back woods, I recorded them from... antenna broadcast! dun dun dunnnn!!

Yeah, terrible reception, wavy lines, lots of static... the whole enchilada!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 01:00 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

I still have my Totoro and Little Nemo Adventure in Slumberland VHS tape. Good memories.. Too nostalgic I couldn't throw it away.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 06:04 PM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote