KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Indiana Jones V star wars

Indiana Jones V star wars
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Tonight. Can't wait.

Awesome! Let us all know what you think please :-)

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 01:06 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I'm also seeing it tonight.

I've quite low expectations for it, albeit from people's opinions I hardly respect (not to be pretentious, but I just can't hold alot of stock in their tastes - Spiderman & 300 for gods sake?), so hopefully I'll enjoy it in the same way I can enjoy Temple of Doom or Return of the Jedi; medicore films with alot of fun.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 03:38 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm also seeing it tonight.

I've quite low expectations for it, albeit from people's opinions I hardly respect (not to be pretentious, but I just can't hold alot of stock in their tastes - Spiderman & 300 for gods sake?), so hopefully I'll enjoy it in the same way I can enjoy Temple of Doom or Return of the Jedi; medicore films with alot of fun.

I went in with really high expectations, maybe thats why I was let down in the end.

I thought Return of the Jedi was one of the best of the originals. I like the Temple of Doom more than Indy 4.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 04:34 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I saw it and I have some mixed feelings to be frank.

A few points:
1. Ford is excellent, a true Indy
2. Shia is very good
3. Karen Allen - great but her part is minute
4. Spalko - nice, well played but a tad shallow in character
5. Other characters - meaningless
6. PLot - questionable - a bit too concrete to my taste at the end
7. CGI - too much, too Disney-esque (the ants were not really scary as were the snakes, bugs and rats, the gophers were redundant, the monkey scene downright horrible and ridiculous)
8. Fun ride, but I missed the Indy grit (as in truck chase, airplane fight, mine car chase, rock crusher fight, tank chase) and the romance...

All in all, fun but for me it would rank at about the same level as ToD at this point. ToD feels more complete in Indy-ness.

And I think Spielberg didn't keep his word about the small amount of CGI.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 08:27 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes. I want a good modern adventure movie with no cgi. Its so much cooler and more convincing when the actors are interacting with an actual environment.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Plus the environment looks scarier when it's real. The ants weren't scar at all, right out of a Disney movie.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:56 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I also have mixed opinions of Crystal Skull, albeit I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is much better than any of the Prequels and levels with Return of the Jedi for me.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 10:06 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chik4lit

I liked it. It wasn't the best of the series, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It had some awesome moments, like the part with the snake and...the fate of Cate Blanchett, which I won't write since I don't know how to do spoiler tags. There were some WTF moments, like the monkeys. All in all it was good. My brother and I were the only ones who laughed when Indy said "I have a bad feeling about this."

Anyway, I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed because they didn't know what to expect. Everything I read said that it was going to be just what it was: a fifties-type B movie. It was never meant to be the same as the others. I do agree, however, that they used CGI a little to liberally.

Why on earth wouldn't they use THX for the movie?

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 10:53 PM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by chik4lit
I liked it. It wasn't the best of the series, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It had some awesome moments, like the part with the snake and...the fate of Cate Blanchett, which I won't write since I don't know how to do spoiler tags. There were some WTF moments, like the monkeys. All in all it was good. My brother and I were the only ones who laughed when Indy said "I have a bad feeling about this."

Anyway, I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed because they didn't know what to expect. Everything I read said that it was going to be just what it was: a fifties-type B movie. It was never meant to be the same as the others. I do agree, however, that they used CGI a little to liberally.

Because THX rules. lol

I also laughed at the "Bad felling about this" I was suprised my friend didn't.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:15 AM
chik4lit

I know THX rules. That's why I can't figure out why they wouldn't use it on a freakin' Lucasfilm movie!

Old Post May 24th, 2008 02:30 AM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I know THX rules. That's why I can't figure out why they wouldn't use it on a freakin' Lucasfilm movie!

Oh sorry, I thought you said they didn't use it. Now I can't believe they wouldn't, that is very odd!

Old Post May 24th, 2008 03:32 AM
queeq
Chaos

One major highlight in KOTCS: Indy's response when he sees Marion for the first time. Superb acting by Ford!!!

Old Post May 24th, 2008 07:06 AM
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
One major highlight in KOTCS: Indy's response when he sees Marion for the first time. Superb acting by Ford!!!

I thought it was a tad silly, it was okay, but Marion's acting seemed fake to me, especially with Shia during that part of the movie.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 02:56 PM
queeq
Chaos

Silly? Come on... that little boy in old Indy woke up... Good stuff.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 05:09 PM
Mr Parker

yeah I gotta agree because with Indy,ALL 3 films are good where with star wars,Jedi sucks and is a letdown in wrapping up the trilogy.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You saw Indy 4?

Old Post May 24th, 2008 07:43 PM
Mr Parker

No not yet.I just thought this thread was which was a better trilogy between the original star wars trilogy and the first three Indiana films.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think it was. The latest addition kinda enriches the debate methinks.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 09:46 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I gotta agree because with Indy,ALL 3 films are good where with star wars,Jedi sucks and is a letdown in wrapping up the trilogy.

I have to disagree with you there. I thought that ALL the Star Wars OT movies were good, but Temple of Doom was a let down as a sequel.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by Kapton JAC
I have to disagree with you there. I thought that ALL the Star Wars OT movies were good, but Temple of Doom was a let down as a sequel.

Actually it was a prequel.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 05:06 AM