KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » the reviews are coming in

the reviews are coming in
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

the reviews are coming in

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/indiana_jones_4/

Its chillin at a 76%.

I bet it clocks in at a final 65%

I'm sure this movie is fine, but tons are just ready to question and hate it

Old Post May 19th, 2008 06:52 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Up to 80% now. Personally, I can't wait to see this movie (at midnight of course).

So far the reviews have all pretty much said that Ford and Shia are very good and that the remaining characters play their parts well, but aren't given much to do. But apparently the action scenes are really good, and there's a lot of them. yay!

'

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 12:59 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i was hoping to keep away from the internet concerning reviews from the Cannes premiere, but after reading a few it looks promising. I think all of us Indy fans out there are assured a great timewink Just remember how Temple of Doom was criticized? i still love that film, so it's all good!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 06:37 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I must admit, even I looked at the ratings when the news began pouring in, despite neither wanting to nor going as far as to read a full review.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 20th, 2008 09:40 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Almost there. Unfortunately, I have to wait till Friday.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 09:46 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spartan005
Up to 80% now. Personally, I can't wait to see this movie (at midnight of course).

So far the reviews have all pretty much said that Ford and Shia are very good and that the remaining characters play their parts well, but aren't given much to do. But apparently the action scenes are really good, and there's a lot of them. yay!

I think it's going to stay there too. I don't see it going any higher than 80% unless maybe after the movie premieres on Thursday.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 12:32 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh yeah. Happy Dance

Old Post May 20th, 2008 01:40 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Go Indy go! Happy Dance

I'm going @ Midnight.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 06:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I talked to my co-worker who I gave my special screening tickets to last night, I couldn't make the show, but he went and said it was great. He's a very critical guy too. He said it was very much an Indiana Jones movie; it had big action, it had great humor, and he said it was good Spielberg. So, if my co-worker Devin liked it, trust me, if you like Indiana Jones you will like part 4.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 06:09 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Happy Dance

Old Post May 20th, 2008 06:10 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Apparently, the film got a 3 and a half minute standing ovation from the critics at Cannes! Admittedly, many films shown at Cannes do stick out tongue , but still ... could this be a sign that the early internet naysayers were wrong? Was their doom-mongering for nothing? Could "Indy IV" *actually* be ... as we've hoped and prayed it would be ... good?

Let's hope so; not long now to wait big grin !

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:19 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i read a review in 'The Sun' this morning at work (i always read the paper when i should be working stick out tongue) and it was very positive to say the least. "Was it worth it? absolutley." - just one of their quoteswink

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:39 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Originally posted by Ahnold
Apparently, the film got a 3 and a half minute standing ovation from the critics at Cannes! Admittedly, many films shown at Cannes do stick out tongue , but still ... could this be a sign that the early internet naysayers were wrong? Was their doom-mongering for nothing? Could "Indy IV" *actually* be ... as we've hoped and prayed it would be ... good?

Let's hope so; not long now to wait big grin !

just dont anticipate it to be (as Lucas put it) "the second coming." mind you, Raiders' wasnt far off the mark stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:41 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I just hope that Lucas' other statement doesn't come true - that this will be the "Phantom Menace" of the Indy franchise ! True, he was probably just referring once again to the inevitability of the film not being able to live up to the enormous hype associated with it ... but still, what a spine-chillingly frightening thing to say to people stick out tongue .

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:49 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

on a side note i enjoyed The Phantom Menace, but no i wouldnt want it to turn out that way either. Was that an actual statement Lucas made? what source?

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:54 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Sadly, it was, yes; specifically, addressing the overwhelming anticipation that "Indy IV" has to live up to, Lucas said: "We're basically going to do The Phantom Menace. ... People's expectations are way higher than you can deliver. You could just get killed for the whole thing … We would do it for fun and just take the hit with the critics and the fans ... But nobody wants to get into it unless they are really happy with it".

Source: http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/726/726827p1.html

Old Post May 20th, 2008 11:11 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

interesting, never saw that before thanks for the linkwink i'm no longer worried about this film. I expected the worst when the Premiere reviews came in (that it would be critically slammed for years to come) but it seems quite the opposite. If Lucas was ever gonna ruin it, Spielburg would be there to save it - that's what i think, and you cant deny Spielburg's track record - apart from films like (1941, Hook, A.I) i doubt that Indy 4 will join that group somehow. The best thing to do? pick a good review and read it - then wait for the filmwink

Old Post May 20th, 2008 11:41 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Stun
1941, Hook, A.I

All enjoyable, interesting films in their own right. No need to take note of the exception when other so-called maestro's best work pales in comparison.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 20th, 2008 11:51 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds like Spielberg does a better job revisiting old success than George alone.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 08:38 AM
Hazardous

Well I just saw it, I give it a 9/10.

This is classic Indiana Jones, lots of action, a few nods to the previous movies, a few laughs, plot moved pretty fast and was pretty interesting.

Only drawbacks I found were that it takes a bit of time to adjust to the setting (1957 I think it was), so theres plenty of stuff that just kinda seems a bit out of place in an Indy film, but you get used to it about 1/3 of the way through. The whole movie is a good ride, but the climax of the film...without spoiling.....you REALLY have to suspend your disbelief. Other than that, no flaws.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 02:42 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote