KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » the reviews are coming in

the reviews are coming in
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

So were the gophers and the monkey scene... wink

Old Post May 26th, 2008 05:33 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

The movie was a huge disappointment! All i really liked was the characters. But the story was really weak. Why did Lucas decide to put aliens in the movie? That had to be the worst idea since jar jar binks!

Old Post May 27th, 2008 01:52 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

JarJar in Indy... that would have been the worst. The moment they click the skull in place it transforms into Jar Jar saying: Mesa Back!

Old Post May 27th, 2008 02:19 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Ha. I would have stood up and walked out of the theatre.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 27th, 2008 06:34 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No you wouldn't.

Old Post May 27th, 2008 09:38 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jcvaldez
The movie was a huge disappointment! All i really liked was the characters. But the story was really weak. Why did Lucas decide to put aliens in the movie? That had to be the worst idea since jar jar binks!

What was weak about the story? It had a few cheesy scenes but otherwise I liked it.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 03:56 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There was quite a bit weak about the story...

Old Post May 28th, 2008 07:56 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by jcvaldez

AND Darth Maul.okay I finally saw this movie last weekend and here is MY review.yeah I agree the story was REALLY weak and I found it to be a huge disappointment as well.I know i don't understand WHY he went with aliens in the movie. mad This movie did not measure up to the greatness of the original trilogy.It really felt like it was too rushed.Like they were just trying to get something out just in the nick of time.That they didn't think carefully about it when making this movie,no real thought process into it.

From the very beginning I just had this bad feeling it was going to be bad when it started off with that corny and unnecessary scene of that jeep driving over that chipmunk or whatever animal that was in the ground.totally unnecessary and corny.Just seemed to be going for cheap laughs.and that ant scene was also corny as hell as well and also totally stupid.real dumb.I could see it MAYBE the time when the trio was there and having them there,but the first time? totally corny and dumb. and then those ants coming out of nowhere and coming together like that.so stupid and ridiculous.

and the part where they went over the waterfall 3 times and survived with no bruises or anthing,not ONE person hurt at all.Okay I could swallow the first TWO times that happened,but that third time? that fall was much more dangerous than the other two and someone would have got hurt badly.not very good writing at all.I know the other indy jones had unrealistic moments in them as well but I was still able to enjoy THOSE films because like i said,they seemed cleverly well thought out where this one just seemed rushed.complete waste of a movie,should have stayed buried.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 09:52 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Mr Parker
AND Darth Maul.okay I finally saw this movie last weekend and here is MY review.yeah I agree the story was REALLY weak and I found it to be a huge disappointment as well.I know i don't understand WHY he went with aliens in the movie. mad This movie did not measure up to the greatness of the original trilogy.It really felt like it was too rushed.Like they were just trying to get something out just in the nick of time.That they didn't think carefully about it when making this movie,no real thought process into it.

From the very beginning I just had this bad feeling it was going to be bad when it started off with that corny and unnecessary scene of that jeep driving over that chipmunk or whatever animal that was in the ground.totally unnecessary and corny.Just seemed to be going for cheap laughs.and that ant scene was also corny as hell as well and also totally stupid.real dumb.I could see it MAYBE the time when the trio was there and having them there,but the first time? totally corny and dumb. and then those ants coming out of nowhere and coming together like that.so stupid and ridiculous.

and the part where they went over the waterfall 3 times and survived with no bruises or anthing,not ONE person hurt at all.Okay I could swallow the first TWO times that happened,but that third time? that fall was much more dangerous than the other two and someone would have got hurt badly.not very good writing at all.I know the other indy jones had unrealistic moments in them as well but I was still able to enjoy THOSE films because like i said,they seemed cleverly well thought out where this one just seemed rushed.complete waste of a movie,should have stayed buried.

Mr Parker,

For this Indiana Jones something different had to be used. The previous Indiana Jones films involved some sort of Religious artifact. Spielberg cleverly switched gears into a more aliens storyline. As I said before, putting Indiana Jones in the 50s was the perfect connection. That was the decade that Science Fiction kick into high gear.

I was glad to see other than a religious artifact as a plot device. Aliens are one of humanity greatest mystery. big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Humanity's???? The point about aliens is that they don't have anything to do with humans.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 03:35 PM
Mr Parker

[QUOTE=10604979]Originally posted by jcvaldez
[B]The movie was a huge disappointment! All i really liked was the characters. But the story was really weak.

All I can say Dwarf is that I think he said exactly the way I feel about it in these two sentences here.That he hit the nail right on the head about the story being weak.It felt rushed and not well thought out at all.I never felt that way about the other three.I know this is off topic here but since we talked about it before, till the next Batman movie comes out Im sticking to Ironman as the movie i will go back and see multiple times.I suggest you hurry up and see Ironman as well and do the same thing. wink

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jun 4th, 2008 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 06:06 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by queeq
Humanity's???? The point about aliens is that they don't have anything to do with humans.

yeah thats a good point.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 06:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

It is.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 06:37 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Gophers, Monkeys, aliens...

They're the way forward for humanity.

Don't fight it.

shifty

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 07:38 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Even the CGI versions of them?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 09:47 PM
Mr Parker

So were the gophers and the monkey scene... wink

I just knew from the beginning of the movie when they showed that totally unnessary CGI effects of that gopher coming out of his hole that the movie was going to be corny and bad.chessy as hell.They were clearly just going for laughs.The other INDY movies didnt have cheesy stuff like that in them.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 09:57 PM
queeq
Chaos

Not that cheesy no.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:02 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Even the CGI versions of them?

Especially those.

shifty

You guys are right.
The forced-humour comedy tone ruined it as a stablemate of 'Raiders'.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 8th, 2008 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 03:42 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which is unbeatable it seems.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 08:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Especially with 2nd/3rd/4th rate tosh like that last one.

"Never park a 1986 Skoda next to a Bugatti Veyron" as they say.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:35 PM