KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » the reviews are coming in

the reviews are coming in
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 06:45 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I do not know how this movie received a majority of good review's. It was a sorry display of filmmaking all around. Either, Lucas was beating spielberg with is money hungry cock, hindering him from doing his job or Spielberg just realized he didn't have to try very hard because it's an Indiana Jones movie and people would pay to see it no matter the quality.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 07:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think both answers are not satisfactory explanations. They lack motivation.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 09:38 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i cant believe some people are still crying because indy 4 wasnt quite the second coming they'd anticipated. It was a bloody enjoyable movie, so bloody enjoy it!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 08:11 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I agree Indy Jones IV was not perfect at all but it was damn entertaining to me and I enjoyed seeing Indy back in action.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 12:48 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stun
i cant believe some people are still crying because indy 4 wasnt quite the second coming they'd anticipated. It was a bloody enjoyable movie, so bloody enjoy it!

That's your opinion. You enjoyed it, so good for you but if there are people that didn't enjoy it, let them be it doesn't physically or mentally hurt you

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 04:21 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But we can do taht if they want to. evil face

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 09:38 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Originally posted by Jovan
That's your opinion. You enjoyed it, so good for you but if there are people that didn't enjoy it, let them be it doesn't physically or mentally hurt you

i see your point, but personally i couldnt continue discussing something i hate or didnt like. Mind you, i suppose there is only so much you can discuss for a film you love, but that just isnt the reason i'm here.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 01:52 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What is?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 02:25 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

whats so wrong with discussing things that you like? yes, oddly enough that's why i post erm

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 04:46 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

it's good to see you liked it considering almost everyone else didn't like it... gives perhaps a new view on things if you can explain them

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 06:02 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Stun can post whatever he likes.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 06:36 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Originally posted by Jovan
it's good to see you liked it considering almost everyone else didn't like it... gives perhaps a new view on things if you can explain them

'almost everyone'? - that's highly exagerated, and you know it. Why should i explain myself to you? do not cast me in the minority just because you think your opinion is a universal fact. 'If i can explain them'? was that an insult?

Last edited by Stun on Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 11:27 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

People are crying because it was sold to us as the second coming by Speilberg, who once again along with Lucas, screwed us.

The opinion on how enjoyable the movie was definitely varies, Stun, certainly enough to warrant the bad feedback that it did.
Fair enough if you liked it, but don't expect everyone to have reacted to the movie with the tolorance that you have shown it.

If you are one of the millions walking out of the cinema angry and swizzled feeling, then Im sure you'd think the enjoyability of the film be questioned by those viewers.

Even hardcore shizier movies are enjoyable to some: but not most.

And this was the filmic equivalent to Speilberg lying on the floor under Lucas's bottom and begging him to unleash a russety torrent.

sick

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 17th, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 10:32 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

'almost everyone'? - that's highly exagerated, and you know it. Why should i explain myself to you? do not cast me in the minority just because you think your opinion is a universal fact. 'If i can explain them'? was that an insult?

no not at all, I'm interested in knowing why you liked it.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 05:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

We all do.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 09:45 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

oh i get it, i've been put on the spot now stick out tongue i've already explained why i like it, and if i put up a good enough argument (like it's necessary) i might not be burned to a stake laughing out loud I admit, it wasnt perfect. If a little confusing at times (second act), but a good homage to the 50's (as the originals were to the 30's) the test site was eery, unmoving, and reflected the general mood, fear and uncertainty of many people in the late 50's. I'd probably say that was my favorite scene. Everything in the first half, because the pacing was just right, you just didnt question it as much as the second half. Overall, i was pleased to see Indiana Jones return. To some fans (including myself) just seeing Harrison return to the role was pleasing enough. Now....let me besmile

Last edited by Stun on Jun 19th, 2008 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 01:58 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

heck, Harisson returning was indeed the highlight big grin and indeed the things you wrote here pleased me too smile

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 10:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

We let you be. I liked the first half too.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 10:18 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

When i re-watch the second half, hopefully i can make more sense of it. It just felt like a blur to me. Sorry if i got a little excited earlier, i do have a few problems with the film - it's understandable that everyone did, i tried to gel with it at times but i got lost somewhere along the way. Saying this, i did enjoy the ride, but it lacked that overall finish.

Anyway, wasnt Raiders' just plain awesome? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 02:02 PM