KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » the reviews are coming in

the reviews are coming in
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

hell yeah big grin

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:16 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

indeed.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 09:40 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It defines awesome. yes

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 12:04 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It created the word.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 12:20 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

something we all agree on, then? laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 01:18 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Just saw it again yesterday. Boy, we are NOT kidding...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 04:35 PM
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

i rate it a 9.5. it is better them temple of doom and i liked the whole 50's feel. also i thought mutt was a cool charachter do to the knife throwing. so is it safe to say mutt jones is a knifer and not a whip user?

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 01:24 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

9.5???? Thatīs rather extreme.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 01:41 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
People are crying because it was sold to us as the second coming by Speilberg, who once again along with Lucas, screwed us.

Thats the exact thing that lucas was getting at before the film came out pretty much saying its not the second coming its just a movie

quote:
"When you do a movie like this, a sequel that's very, very anticipated, people anticipate ultimately that it's going to be the Second Coming," Lucas says. "And it's not. It's just a movie. Just like the other movies. You probably have fond memories of the other movies. But if you went back and looked at them, they might not hold up the same way your memory holds up."

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
9.5???? Thatīs rather extreme.

Oh get over it mad

just because you was'nt a fan of the kingdom of the crystal skull your opinion is'nt the be all and end all on how bad it was.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 01:56 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

True. But 9,5... there are very few films in general I'd give a 9,5... That's darn near perfect... And which ever way you turn it, I know at least three Indy movies that do not get such high marks.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 07:32 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

True that that was said Kazenji, but Speilberg had said in promotional vids before that that he felt Indy was back.

Regardless of phraseology, I disagreed.
(Unless "Back" in movie terms qualifies as "Popped in for 15 mins before becoming a train wreck/laughing-stock-for-all-the-wrong-reasons so that Lebeouf can be franchised up".)
Alot of people were repelled by the movie, including Queeq hence his totally reasonable non-eye-to-eyeage on the 9.5 for KOTCS.

The playing on the very name of Indy is bad enough, when the actual Indy content was this lame.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 12:35 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm.. I liked Ford, he was the best thing about the film, so to me he still felt as Indy...

Maybe Spielberg should have rephrased: George is back.

Reading in the Making of Indiana Jones book, I get this weird old-George-new-George feeling. The choices he made then, his sense of judgement then made a lot of sense. Compared to now... it's odd. I think the Howard the Duck experience fried his brain or something.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 06:01 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL I suspect youre right..

The holiday special was third-party, but Howard had Lucas bang-to-rights there.

I thought Ford's 1st 20 mins were his best in this flick.

Maybe not his fault though.
The script was clearly written by a caravan full of Baboons who were only that morning given their first sheets of paper with some crayons.

Just another addage-prover regarding the "Good Actor/Bad Movie - Bad actor/Good movie" hypothesis maybe.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 4th, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 10:32 AM
queeq
Chaos

I'd really like to have a peek in Frank Darabont's script... the one Spielberg loved, but Lucas didn't.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 02:52 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah I wanna see that too. Without a doubt.

If Lucas turned down a superior script to this movie, then me and him are done, and I would apologise and take back a lot of what I have said here regarding Spielberg's input here, however TFS and WOTW etc still suck. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 06:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

INterestingly enough... The Making of Indiana Jones doesn't give any script summary of Darabont's script. In all the other movie chapters there are movie summaries of all earlier story and script drafts. About KOTCS... there is none. Something fishy is going on.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 08:50 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yep.

A deceased whale of such enormous size that it actually causes passing pedestrians to point saying:"Thats no moon....Thats a whaling station!!!" lies rotting somewhere close to the Danish, no mistake.

It smells akin to the poon of the devil herself..

DAMN YOU, LUCAS (You too, Speilberg...!)!!!!

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 7th, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 12:20 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Apparantly Darabonts script has been leaked online somewhere.

Found this about it

quote:
The script was titled Indiana Jones And The City Of The Gods, and appeared on a few websites at the end of last week before being removed wholesale. However, much of the plot was said to already be present, with Area 51, a nuclear explosion and a lost city all already there.

And this from the indy wikipedia

Plot

Similar to the finished film, the crystal skulls were remains of aliens worshipped by South Americans, and Marion Ravenwood as Indy's love interest. However, their child is a 13-year old girl, and the villains are Nazis hiding in South America.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 7th, 2008 at 02:13 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 02:09 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It was alwasy about aliens and Roswell. Lucas insisted on that from teh very early beginning. And I don't think the topic is a problem per se, the execution might be. Point is: Spielberg loved Darabont's script... Lucas did not. And now we got this...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 03:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

Wow... Darabont's script is around on the internet. And I just read it... There are quiet a few elements the same, but it's rather a different story. The Alien element is reduced overall in te film, the ending is like the one in the film now. No Mutt, no Indy's son. But it does ahve a much more complex enemy pallete: it includes Russians, the Peruvian president and army, an ex-nazi and the American government fater Jones on suspicion of being a Russian spy. And there, sides change quite a bit. So the action is more dynamic and focused much more on finding the City of the Gods. The skull serves much more as a McGuffin than in KOTCS. The humor's great.

Even the snake bit has a nice twist: Indy's overcome his fear of snakes until he get swallwed by a huge snake (animals are a lot bigger around the City of the GOds, including ants), he cuts himself free. Later he's afarid again of snakes, screaming when he sees the tiniest snake in his tent.

I think Darabont got it better than Koepp to be frank. But hey...

I think I know why Lucas didn't like it: no Area 51, less aliens (except at the beginning). But the action is better, Oxley's role is much smaller (he's in a cage and used by a rival archeaologist to find the City of the Gods).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 07:41 AM