KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indy 4 Ending Discussion - Spoilers.

Indy 4 Ending Discussion - Spoilers.
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I liked Die Hard 4 too, but I don't think it surpassed the first Die Hard. I thought some of it was cliche, but most of the best action movies have some cliches in them. Did you like it better than the other Die Hard movies? I think it kind of flattened John McClane a little bit. He was so expressive in the first movie. Watch his face if you don't believe me. He seemed to be a little bit more of a generic action hero here.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 09:00 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Die Hard 1 is the best, 2 sucks balls the size of Antarctica. But I do think DH3 and 4.0 are at the same level. Quite an achievement if you ask me. I'd have settled for a Last Crusade type of Indy 4 and be quite happy about it.

But mind you, Die Hard was also a bit silly. A bit over the top. It had that from te beginning. The silly story of a traumatised cop after shooting someone and then killing one of the bad guys at teh end... that was so over the top it was funny. Die Hard had that over the toppishness as comic relief. DH 4.0 had that as well. Nothing to do with flattening the character: McClane was always flat. That was the fun of it.

Last edited by queeq on Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 10:31 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

better than phantom menace good enougth for me.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 02:06 PM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Easily pleased.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 02:26 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Die Hard 1 is the best, 2 sucks balls the size of Antarctica. But I do think DH3 and 4.0 are at the same level. Quite an achievement if you ask me. I'd have settled for a Last Crusade type of Indy 4 and be quite happy about it.

But mind you, Die Hard was also a bit silly. A bit over the top. It had that from te beginning. The silly story of a traumatised cop after shooting someone and then killing one of the bad guys at teh end... that was so over the top it was funny. Die Hard had that over the toppishness as comic relief. DH 4.0 had that as well. Nothing to do with flattening the character: McClane was always flat. That was the fun of it.

I'm not saying McClane was Hamlet, but he had a lot more character in the first one than in the last one.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 02:44 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

They complement each other if you ask me. At least 4.0 wasn't such a big bummer as Spidey 3, POTC 3 and Indy 4...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 04:35 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh man, Spidey 3! Don't get me started.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 05:40 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by willofthewisp

if you don't go and get irritated about how lousy that movie was, I will

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 06:19 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by willofthewisp

See how good Die Hard 4.0 was. It's really quite an achievement.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 06:58 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He speaks the truth.

'Tis way better than I thought it could have possibly been.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 10:49 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh yeah. once in a while mircales do happen.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 05:45 PM