KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S NEW STAR WARS GAME- Starting July 2008

USH'S NEW STAR WARS GAME- Starting July 2008
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Sometimes. Other times, we're just like "Yeah, I think you need a saber to the face right now."

Well, sometime they really do. The stupidity has to hurt them too, and it probably hurts more than a saber to the face.

Honestly, every person we kill? We're doing them a favor.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 08:59 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

We're also doing a favor to the rest of the galaxy! See, we're not totally evil, just misunderstood. Sometimes. Other times, we just like to kill stuff...

Hmmm. That's a LOT of slaughter we need to cause, then...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 09:01 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Ours is a long and hard duty, but we willingly go to the chopping block.

...holding the chopper...

For the good of the Galaxy, and the last tiny shreds of sanity it is theoretically possible for us to have!

Also, the Jedi are stupid tightey-whitey Lighties. stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 09:04 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

We still have any sanity left?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 09:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Most of us only play Hosted, but I'm assuming you meant Hosted RPs not run by Ush.

Basically, because we are incredibly spoiled by Ush's RPs, which are rather a different caliber than the norm.

Ahhh! My mistake I actually ment to say: Unhosted Role Playing? So same question, different wording! smile

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 09:37 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I'm actually in the exact same situation as you are now, JR. I have never played Hosted games before, but I believe it will be fun, and pretty interesting.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:28 PM
Col. Valerian is currently offline Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Peach
We still have any sanity left?
Do we have any sanity left

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Jedireaper
Ahhh! My mistake I actually ment to say: Unhosted Role Playing? So same question, different wording! smile

Personally? I just simply don't like the style of Unhosted games. That and as explained above, I'm used to a certain level of quality and it's one I'm simply not going to find there.

Originally posted by Newjak
Do we have any sanity left

I'm guessing no stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:32 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Then I look forward to it. smile Heres hoping. Though I really wanted to be an Imperial. Another time then.. I'm in for the experiance and to see if a Jedi can turn to the Dark side in the Hosted Ush Play? What are the usual ways of Ush-Playing? We write what happens to the characters based on our decisions during the game or do we decide on a certain path and let Ush hand down our destiny?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 11:28 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Well, if you don't like being a Jedi much, why don't you join REX's hosted game? Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, Primitive Warriors, Diplomats, etc. You have a lot of more options to choose from.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 01:56 AM
Col. Valerian is currently offline Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Jedireaper
Then I look forward to it. smile Heres hoping. Though I really wanted to be an Imperial. Another time then.. I'm in for the experiance and to see if a Jedi can turn to the Dark side in the Hosted Ush Play? What are the usual ways of Ush-Playing? We write what happens to the characters based on our decisions during the game or do we decide on a certain path and let Ush hand down our destiny?

Ush did run an OT, Imps vs. Rebs game last, but the next one will most likely not be for several years.

It's theoretically possible for a Jedi to turn, but it would have to be related to the plot, I think (and I think that's a major plot point for the Jedi this episode), and thus it's unlikely for a character you make to turn this episode.

It's hard to explain how we play, and much easier to just read the old games and see it. But basically, Ush runs the plot and NPCs, and we as players react to our situations. This may be simple role playing, or you may need to roll off stats to achieve a goal. When fighting occurs, we use a specialized system for that. It's really rather simple, but at the same time you'll need to use your head.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:14 AM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, there's a big possibility that a couple of the current Jedi could fall, but that's a BIG deal - it's not a concept we take lightly at all, and once it happens, it's done, there's no going back. It's definitely something you do not want happening.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:16 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yes indeed, if you are looking for how to play, or how things work there are all the old games floating around in the dredges of the forum, Go check the out before you play please.
It will make things much easier if you know what happens and how to do it before you jump in.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:21 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

(("Sure I'll head over there now... Coming artoo?"

The droid twittled a response, extended its wheels and scooted off ahead.

"Hey! Not so fast!" I begin running out of the thread after the little astromech droid. "Waaaaiiiiit!"))

Sure I'll head over there now. smile

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:27 AM
Unbias3d
Paradox

yo rex, quick question. will we hafta change the characters in your new rp when ush releases the new system, or will we leave them the way they are?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:00 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeeeah, I don't actually know about that yet. I'll have to see how things port over from the old system from the new before I decide that, I think. But it is a possibility; it's a pain in the ass trying to run two different systems for the same exact style of game without the players exploding.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:06 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

kk, just wondering

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:37 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Aww... I wanted to explode.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 04:22 PM
Peach
mordrem

Explodey is fun big grin

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 04:27 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

((Breathing heavily. "I lost Artoo... Awww maaan!" Turns to Rex and the guys. "Exploding? What do you mean?" Stutters, trys to catch my breath. "Gah! Hah! Heh! Ehk! Phew! Right. So we don't role play like this?" Smiles and stops role playing.))

So do we make our own characters? Must be a headache for you guys. Anyway. I am terrible with Bios. Will one of you guys help me? big grin

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:28 PM