KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S NEW STAR WARS GAME- Starting July 2008

USH'S NEW STAR WARS GAME- Starting July 2008
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

We don't really roleplay at random, no. stick out tongue

Templates help define your character, but really, it's not that difficult to create a character. Hell, one of our old players created a Dark Jedi that had been raised by pirates and that was all we knew about him; deliberate vagueness. Characters don't need to be spelled out, and I find that my best characters are developed over time anyways.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:34 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, I generally work out the details of my characters during play, really - basic stuff about them is really the only thing I come up with beforehand, and half the time that changes a whole lot while the character develops while being played anyway stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:42 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Yeah, spastic and sudden roleplay is not really what we do here. Only during the games. Though typically our mock hatred of the other side shows in these threads. big grin

Most of us find our characters developing on their own during play, as a result of interacting with everyone else.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:50 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Yeah, spastic and sudden roleplay is not really what we do here. Only during the games. Though typically our mock hatred of the other side shows in these threads. big grin

Most of us find our characters developing on their own during play, as a result of interacting with everyone else.

Well, there is the very rare random stuff that comes up on MSN...but yeah, for the most part, doesn't happen much stick out tongue

And it's just plain fun how the characters develop while interacting with each other...the creation of the Psycho Brigade and their hatred of Rand (Rianna in particular with the last bit) being a good and incredibly amusing example big grin

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:53 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Well I was just wondering but if you guys think that that style of Role Play is spastic then I think I should be very insulted. Because some UH RPs are very sucessful and even finish with sucessful stories such as the Hazmat RP... Anyway whatever... I aint childish. So like I said... I may need help soo heres to July! smile

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:14 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Don't take it as a direct insult, but UH RPs usually feel too, er, scattered?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:22 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Whoever said spastic was bad? Peach and I pretty much define spastic.

That's just not our RP style. Our characters can be spastic too, it's just gonna be in the game threads.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:25 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

That's just not our RP style. Our characters can be spastic too, it's just gonna be in the game threads.
He's not joking.

Look up Spastic in the dictionary and you will see their pictures erm

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:28 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Captain REX
Don't take it as a direct insult, but UH RPs usually feel too, er, scattered?

Agreed with both happy

UH RPs just aren't my style, as I said. Most of us feel the same. We're used to a different style.

And spastic isn't necessarily bad, and yeah, we're definitely the definition of the word. Just we don't do the random out of nowhere spastic RPing.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:30 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Ooooh ok smile I undestand.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:43 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

There is only one true way to roleplay, of course... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry Rex, by the way, I am busy with stuff regarding graduating my university, so it is hard to focus on RP, but I will try to get back to your game soon!

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:49 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No worries, Melkor. Take your time. smile

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 11:41 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I cant understand the RP in the other USH games. There is too much OOC mixed in with it but I do like Ush's presentation. Just like the Star Wars NPR's by the late Brian Daley or the audio presetations by the other greats smile

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 11:54 AM
Peach
mordrem

What exactly do you mean by OOC?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 04:13 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

'Out of Character'

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 04:39 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

...We know what the acronym means.

What we want is an example of what exactly you think is OOC.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:11 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Well here now. OOC to me is social talking squashed together with the RP making it undiscernable from the RPing. Though my view is rather broard. In unhosted RP the OOC is placed in either a seperate thread or if it is in the RP thread then usually placed in brackets, which is a good system. smile

I could be wrong about the OOC but I got really confused trying to read one of Ush's threads.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:51 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Generally, our OOC discussion is a separate paragraph from any IC actions we might be making.

And it's easy to tell them apart. IC, we'll be talking about our characters in the third person. OOC, we'll be talking in the first person.

Then again, my experience is with the Darkie gang. I dunno what those weirdo Lighties do.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:07 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

kk. Sorry about all the questions guys :P

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:12 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

No, you want to learn, apparently. That's a good thing. happy

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 09:53 PM