KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Mongol is awesome historical epic!

Mongol is awesome historical epic!
Started by: arob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
arob
Son of a Beekeeper

Mongol is awesome historical epic!

Mongol is a foreign film that's so good it was nominated for a 2008 Academy Award, still hasn’t been put into wide release in North America.

For some reason this movie scares executives and so its only now going into a very limited release on June 6th 2008. Its playing at a few cities only and in Toronto that means the Varsity in the basement of the Manulife building at Bay and Bloor.

Mongol is an absolutely stunning historical epic by Russian filmmaker Sergei Bodrov. This movie is very similar to Conan the Barbarian, and I suppose Braveheart too, but in this case the hero, Temudjin (Ghengis Khan), gets lucky and marries a smart woman who actually saves his butt a few times - there's a twist.

Try and watch this film in the theater if you can...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 03:43 PM
arob is currently offline Click here to Send arob a Private Message Find more posts by arob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

also the 1st in a trilogy apparently

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 09:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I adore the actor who plays the lead, so it's a must see for me.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I recommend seeing this movie then immediately after go and read Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series. If you've read Conn Iggulden's Ghengis Khan books before hand - like me - you will be disappointed by the film. sad

It's very inaccurate but still enjoyable and worth a watch. Reminds me of the movie Gladiator.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 05:18 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kunglu

It's playing here in NYC but I'm going away for a month and wont be able to catch it before I go! From what I've read and seen It looks amazing! Hope it's still playing somewhere when I get back!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 02:02 PM
kunglu is currently offline Click here to Send kunglu a Private Message Find more posts by kunglu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote