KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » What is your favourite Superman power level, and why ?

What is your favourite Superman power level, and why ?
Started by: Cartesian Doubt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

What is your favourite Superman power level, and why ?

1. Pre Crisis Silver age Level; Juggling Planets, Sneezing away Solar Systems, travelling back in time

2.Allstar Kingdome Come Level; Can probably move planets, invunerble to basically everything including Kryptonite

3. Grant Morisson JLA/Pre Infinite Crisis Level; Could crack the Planet in half, needed help to move the moon invunerable to nukes, but a planet exploding would kill him. Needs to Sundipp to move a planet, or beat Darksied. Vunerable to Kryptonite and magic, generally regarded as more powerful than most other D.C. heroes

4. Typically portrayed level; Can move mountains, can create earth quakes, hurt by Nukes but not killed, Vunerable to Kryptonite and Magic, On par with the likes of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, and probably less powerful than Green Lantern.

5. Dan Jurgens, John Bryne, Birthright level: The same as above but lower.

I prefer level 4

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 09:21 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Silver age is fun for the ridiculousness of it all.

I think his current level is fine

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 12:52 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Re: What is your favourite Superman power level, and why ?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
1. Pre Crisis Silver age Level; Juggling Planets, Sneezing away Solar Systems, travelling back in time

2.Allstar Kingdome Come Level; Can probably move planets, invunerble to basically everything including Kryptonite

3. Grant Morisson JLA/Pre Infinite Crisis Level; Could crack the Planet in half, needed help to move the moon invunerable to nukes, but a planet exploding would kill him. Needs to Sundipp to move a planet, or beat Darksied. Vunerable to Kryptonite and magic, generally regarded as more powerful than most other D.C. heroes

4. Typically portrayed level; Can move mountains, can create earth quakes, hurt by Nukes but not killed, Vunerable to Kryptonite and Magic, On par with the likes of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, and probably less powerful than Green Lantern.

I prefer level 4

i dont think all star and KingdomCome supes shoudl be under the same level

KC supes is at supes peak and all star is at power overload due to excess solar absorbtion

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 01:10 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

PC Supes was fun, I agree.

I am fine with all levels.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the current one is my favourite, that or his pre IC one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

My first exposure to Superman was PreC level. So I'll never forget the first time I saw him flying through space wearing an oxygen mask. I thought, wtf! That's not Superman! And yet, my interest was piqued.

I like PreC because, well, that's Superman as The Icon, the virtually unbeatable champion, larger even than comic-book life.

On the other hand, Level 4 makes for a more interesting character.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jun 5th, 2008 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 07:28 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

my fav supes power level big grin

Attachment: not brand ech (large).jpg
This has been downloaded 322 time(s).

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 03:39 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What is your favourite Superman power level, and why ?

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt

I prefer level 4

Level 4 is canon, the other's aren't.

I prefer 5. Scientifically explainable.

Last edited by Combat_Guru on Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:17 PM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Combat_Guru

Moron.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:23 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer
Moron.

WTF Fanboy.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:27 PM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

what the bloody hell...

they're all in comics, they're all canon...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

WTF Fanboy.

As Paul said; it isn't up to you to decide what is canon and not.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:36 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer
As Paul said; it isn't up to you to decide what is canon and not.

It's not up to some writers either.

Jerry Seigel's Superman if you want to go by canon and non-canon.

Who ever portrays Jerry Seigel's Superman, and is ACCURATE, is a canon writer as well.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:49 PM
emporerpants

oh ok, so its only canon if its a weak version of supes that a certain yellow haired rip off can actually have a chance at beating huh?

haha, thats great. only supes at his original powerlevel is accurate. lol. i'll say this about you guru, you're entertaining.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:54 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by emporerpants
oh ok, so its only canon if its a weak version of supes that a certain yellow haired rip off can actually have a chance at beating huh?

haha, thats great. only supes at his original powerlevel is accurate. lol. i'll say this about you guru, you're entertaining.

It's only canon if it's the original Superman, or the an accurate portrayal of the orginal, not pre-Crisis, not All-Star, not 1 Million, and it's only canon if it's the original Goku, or an accurate portrayal of Goku, not GT Goku, not AF Goku, (An AF Manga was written, and it's just as a ridiculouis portrayal as Pre-Crisis Superman.)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:59 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's not up to some writers either.

Jerry Seigel's Superman if you want to go by canon and non-canon.

Who ever portrays Jerry Seigel's Superman, and is ACCURATE, is a canon writer as well.

its canon if its in action comics or superman, and has a big DC label on the front.

just because you dont like it doesnt make it less canon...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:05 PM
emporerpants

sure sure, haha. well, i'll be sure to tell the writers that nothing they do is canon unless they depower superman back to his first appearances, lol. its a good thing that you can decree whats canon and what isn't! tell me, how did you acquire such a power? is it something that i can learn?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:07 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raoul
its canon if its in action comics or superman, and has a big DC label on the front.

just because you dont like it doesnt make it less canon...

Oh, that must mean Crossovers are canon too, in which case, Goku pwns.

Your chosing what's canon and not canon by saying it has to have a DC label, you can't pick and chose.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh, that must mean Crossovers are canon too, in which case, Goku pwns.

Your chosing what's canon and not canon by saying it has to have a DC label, you can't pick and chose.

i said action comics and superman are the canon comics.

all star superman is not canon.

understand?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:13 PM
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raoul
i said action comics and superman are the canon comics.

all star superman is not canon.

understand?

You also said, "and has a big DC label on the front." and now your saying Action Comics aren't canon?

Even if you didn't say DC Label your still picking and choosing, I mean Superman in and only in Action Comics, and thats if it doesn't contridict the first, meaning, sneezing away galaxies.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:23 PM