KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime Ownage Thread!

Anime Ownage Thread!
Started by: Final Blaxican

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Combat_Guru
Notice how Anime characters beat the **** out of each other many times worse than comic book characters do?
Why do you feel the need to troll all the time?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 12:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Notice how Anime characters beat the **** out of each other many times worse than comic book characters do?

Just goes to show how shitty anime character's durability are, I guess.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 01:30 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

No, they get better beatings, so they get hurt worse, for example, if Doomsday were to take the same beating thatVegeta had when he fought Recoome from the Ginyu Force, than he would truly be dead.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 08:40 PM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

All you DBZ fanboys are the same, you just don't like people thinking they can be beat by characters you don't like. Anyway, HP Doomsday>>>>DBZ

The beating in some of the more mature comics are some of the most brutal things out there

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 10:21 PM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 10:52 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vvendeta

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 01:16 PM
Vvendeta is currently offline Click here to Send Vvendeta a Private Message Find more posts by Vvendeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vvendeta

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 01:52 PM
Vvendeta is currently offline Click here to Send Vvendeta a Private Message Find more posts by Vvendeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, they get better beatings, so they get hurt worse, for example, if Doomsday were to take the same beating thatVegeta had when he fought Recoome from the Ginyu Force, than he would truly be dead.

quote:

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 03:38 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vvendeta

quote:
: (post)

quote:

In the case of DB, Comic books fans dont accept that even Piccolo Daimao could resist an Army attack like nothing.

these feats are in the manga too.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 08:33 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are people not accepting it, or are they just pointing out that it really isn't that great of a feat compared to most comic book characters feats?

Because it really isn't all that impressive.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:58 PM
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Prime#
All you DBZ fanboys are the same, you just don't like people thinking they can be beat by characters you don't like. Anyway, HP Doomsday>>>>DBZ

It's impossible to compare any in, with anyone outside the DBZ Universe, because the DBZ Universe's laws of physics are deferent from ours, and the comic book's. So you can't compare them. I realize that now.

Look, there are FOUR galaxies for Christ's sake, quit saying one is stronger than the other, for all we know a G in the DBZ Universe could be a thousand in the comic universe, since Goku could jump miles on Earth as a kid, yet not be capable of moving under 10 G's on King Kai's world.

Last edited by Combat_Guru on Jun 20th, 2008 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 01:08 AM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 01:45 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 05:52 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vvendeta

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Are people not accepting it, or are they just pointing out that it really isn't that great of a feat compared to most comic book characters feats?

Because it really isn't all that impressive.

I think comics have more impresive feats of durability that have being quantify, in the case of DB this is basically the only one that can be measure by humans standars, the other feats are blast and punches that in the mind of the author are more powerful than a whole army weapon since Red Ribbon army, I read comments when comics fans try to say that DB punch are weak, so that is why i said "some" not accepting the power of DB attacks. that are mostly punch and blast.

Like how we quantify the power of the moon being desintegrated?

Last edited by Vvendeta on Jun 20th, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 11:21 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The moon's gravitational binding energy is around 1e29j, this can be derived with a simple formula if you plug in the mass and radius.

Vvendetta, I think the problem is that you are pointing out feats that happened once or twice, and then assuming that every attack has to be capable of doing that feat. Of course they are capable of doing such feats, but not with every random attack. I might as well say that every random punch the Hulk throws is strong enough to destroy an asteroid twice the size of earth, since he did it once.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. This thread isn't supposed to be about comics.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 02:19 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vvendeta

Hulk has help and you could said he use his whole body.

Well if cell didnt move an inch and then Goku Punch send him flying, i think i am assuming right, like a bomb will not move superman and then wonder woman does move him with a punch, is safe to say the punch of wonder woman is stronger than the bomb.(i know she is much more)

Ok i stop here, now back to the topic.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 09:13 AM
Vvendeta

This has a bad english dub, but is one of my fav anime show, hope you understand the context, Saint have 12 hours to save athena, they have to pass for the zodiac Santuary and defeat the Gold saints, here is the battle in the six house, Gold Saint Virgo Shaka is the reincarnation of Budha vs Ikki phoenix(the guy translate Kafai, i dont know why)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 11:27 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Yes, I know about Saint Seiya, it's used a lot on another forum I go to

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 05:01 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Last edited by Striding Cloud on Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 09:58 AM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=USGJTxvm8uQ
Gohan straight wrecks these guys.

Not to mention, you know when you get punched by Goku. Bojack didnt even see him and he knows who just ****ed him up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5OxY3xyBM

This one is one of my favorites.

Last edited by Micheal_Myers on Jun 30th, 2008 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 08:01 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote