KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....

Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Well, I can't believe I'm arguing minor points of Star Wars, but here we go. Han being frozen was just testing it to see if it could be done for Luke. Vader was all set to pay Bobba Fett if Han didn't live through it, so his survival was not a sure thing at all.

Didn't Kirk struggle fighting Spock one time? Spock, the more cerebral character?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 06:22 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Well, I can't believe I'm arguing minor points of Star Wars, but here we go. Han being frozen was just testing it to see if it could be done for Luke. Vader was all set to pay Bobba Fett if Han didn't live through it, so his survival was not a sure thing at all.

Didn't Kirk struggle fighting Spock one time? Spock, the more cerebral character?
Jabba wanted Solo alive. Vader didn't give a shit about Solo, if he lived or died. As you said, he was prepared to compensate Fett if Solo died.

So yeah, what you said. stick out tongue

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 08:50 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by willofthewisp

Didn't C3PO say he was perfectly safe while frozen? As mentioned before, "beating the odds" is a moot point, as Kirk has pulled out wins even in the most dire of situations.

Yes he did, which only shows Kirk's prowess.

1) Vulcans are about 3 times as strong as humans
2) They were fighting on planet Vulcan, which has a thin oxygen atmosphere compared to Earth.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 19th, 2008 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 08:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

well C3P0 was a droid, likely it was in his programming to know that.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:03 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Robtard
I think Kirk's record of besting far more powerful foes would qualify as that too. So that's wash.

Unless of course, you count the time Han was captured like a little *****, frozen and turn into a decoration. Then had to wait for a woman to rescue him, not sure that counts as "always beating the odds".

The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field: approximately 3,720 to 1.

The odds of successfully beating up a pretty boy in tights: a lot better.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 01:01 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field: approximately 3,720 to 1.

Not sure how Han's piloting skills will help him in a fist fight.

Not when the "pretty boy" in question has numerous wins against more powerful foes on his side.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 01:27 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota

yes thumb up

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:15 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
yes thumb up

You'll agree with any irrelevant shit as long as you think it somehow makes the SW character win, seems to be the pattern; it's very strange.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 05:50 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

You'll agree with any irrelevant shit as long as you think it somehow makes the SW character win, seems to be the pattern; it's very strange.
not nearly as strange as your hostility.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 06:01 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

not nearly as strange as your hostility.

Now I'm hostile for making a valid observation?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 07:42 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now I'm hostile for making a valid observation?
no, you are hostile on a general basis. You are pretty much a hostile individual.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 07:52 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

no, you are hostile on a general basis. You are pretty much a hostile individual.

You know, slanderous lies can be considered as hostility.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 08:07 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh yeah...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

More Kirk badassery.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Here you see Kirk's unconventional, yet bad ass fight moves. What's Solo going to do when Kirk uses his patented "butt-drop" move (@ 00:19)?

You'll also notice that not even a knife to the kidney if enough to stop Kirk.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:38 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....

Fistfight. No weapons, at night in the swamps of Dagobah, knee deep in muck.....who wins?
It wouldn't matter. As soon as Solo is in any kind of danger, Chewbacca would jump in and rip his opponent apart.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 05:11 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I have seen Star Trek fist fighting.

Han takes this easily. no expression

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 01:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I have seen Star Trek fist fighting.

Han takes this easily. no expression

DO tell us of the greatness of Han's fist figthing you've seen?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 04:55 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

You'll agree with any irrelevant shit as long as you think it somehow makes [anyone who realizes you spend most of your time sitting on your face lose], seems to be the pattern; it's very strange.

DO tell us of the greatness of Han's fist figthing you've seen?

That's true. The only fist fights I recall Han getting into was when he was blind on a skiff in the Tatooine desert and half-assed after being tortured and lying in a prison cell on Bespin.

I like Han a lot, but this one (based on character insight alone) has to go to Kirk. Han uses his intelligence and wit to get out of fist fights. Kirk tends to use a fight as a first resort.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Last edited by Devil King on Jun 25th, 2008 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 05:20 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Did you quote me right? I could swear I made sense in my reply to RJ.

Exactly, a smuggler's best weapon is avoiding being caught then then escaping if spotted. Solo is crafty, but a runner, besides, he has an eight foot tall Wookie as muscle to rely on.

Kirk fights, it's just what he does. He's the one Starfeelt Captain that would rather fire than try diplimacy more times than not. He could take out Solo with a dramatic Shatner pause.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 05:39 AM