KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Euro 2008

Euro 2008
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slay
I'm guessing you're a bit soar about Belgium not qualifying again?

not at all; I'm VERY soar we are keeping that idiot Vandereycken as coach... haven't qualified for the World Cup, nor for this Euro... we lost against countries that were ranked 50 places below us on the ranking (if not more).
Painfully enough, I think the next time we will reach such a tournament is in 2018 when we will host it with The Netherlands (IF we get it, that is).

btw, I don't get what Belgium not qualifying has to do with a referee that should get fired

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 07:47 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Spain looked special yesterday. Their midfield is incredible (despite being filled with centre-midfielders), and their attack is dynamic, pacy, and clinical. I wonder if they can keep it up...

PS. Makes a mockery of England's flat, one-paced, unimaginative midfield.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 05:44 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Wow I really enjoyed watching Spain play, the Russians were a bit open but nevertheless very clinical. Villaīs got 3 goals already then on his way the the golden boot maybe.

I noticed thereīs a lot of Brazilians playing, for Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Germany and probably more teams. If they grew up in their host country then ok, but playing for Turkey and not speaking a wrod of Turkish, rediculous imo.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 01:25 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What makes Villa dangerous is that he's sharp. Very, very astute.

With Iniesta and Fabregas playing behind him, he could rack up some goals. Aragones should obviously start Fabregas, but I don't know who he'd replace. I think it's worth havin Torres and Villa upfront, so maybe take off Xavi.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 01:40 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't too impressed with Portugal today.

The last goal was smartly opportunistic, but other than that, I wasn't too impressed. The first goal was scrambled, the second was a bit speculatory.

Considering the opponents, Holland still have the best performance so far for me.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 06:17 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

I would actually keep Xavi on. He sets the pace. I rate him highly.

It should be between Fabregas and Iniesta who plays.

Portugal played well today.Nno idea why they continue to play Gomez up front. Never looks like he is gonna get a goal at all.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 06:19 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I would keep Xavi on too. I think he is a very good player.

Gomez is playing up front because they have no one else there. The only other forwards they have are Almeida who came on for him today and Postiga.. then it is players like Ronaldo, Nani, Simao.

They haven't had a top goalscorer for a ages.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 06:41 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have won quite a bit of money if Portugal hadn't scored that third goal, quite annoying.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 10:06 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Germany have been the only team so far that were impressive in all aspects.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:33 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Yep Spain are spoilt for choice. Its the way they play which I like, classic Barcelona academy stuff. They might get frustrated against negative, brutal teams though, especially if they unluckily go a goal down.

I donīt think Germany are that impressive, weīll see their true form tonight when they play the Croats, I hope it isnīt like the last game they had where the Croats kicked the crap out of the Germans, that wasnīt nice to watch.

I really hope an attacking team wins this tournament, and not some boring negative team like Greece again.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 07:03 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Xavi and Iniesta are both excellent. Neither of them should be dropped in place of Fabregas as they're the reason Fabregas went looking elsewhere for first-team football when he was Barca in the first place. Well, at least that's according to Dr. Sid Lowe...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 09:20 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was when he was...14?

He's better now. Arguably better than Iniesta.

At least we can all agree that Greece will be f*cking off. Italy have a narrow escape, even if they play shit, they're still the world champs, and will be until the next World Cup, unless they win that.

Greece got lucky. Won a flukey tournament and then didn't have to defend it 'til now.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 02:27 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok

I donīt think Germany are that impressive, weīll see their true form tonight when they play the Croats, I hope it isnīt like the last game they had where the Croats kicked the crap out of the Germans, that wasnīt nice to watch.

laughing
I knew they wouldnīt do well against a tight knit team, aggressive team.
A deserved 2:1 win to Croatia (could have been 4:1). Looks like Germany are going to play Portugal in the 1/4 finals, that should be interesting.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 06:10 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was only Germany's second game, but Croatia mean business, clearly.

I think Germany aren't playing bad, so much as the style they DO play wasn't working that well against Croatia. All points to Croatia, though.

Let's just imagine how clinical they'd be if they had Eduardo in the team.

Not a team to take for granted, that's for sure.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 06:44 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Exciting match. And yes, the Croats surprised most, especially after a sub-par (though winning) effort in their first match.

I'd like to see Holland play again. Until then, Portugal has seemed to be the most complete team to me so far.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 07:19 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i did say i would be betting on croatia to win the tournament big grin i fancy them as the surprise package

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 01:10 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Oh, dear...Modric; bit good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 12:46 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What a goal by Robben.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 08:17 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Yeah how the hell did he get that in from there.

What a game this is.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 08:18 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He had no right scoring from there, really.

Sneijder, however...

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 09:20 PM