KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » what extas do you think will be on the blu ray release of Indiana Jones

what extas do you think will be on the blu ray release of Indiana Jones
Started by: John-n.co.uk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I was referring to the "On the road to st.Ives" wriddle that Willis and Jackson are set to work out... remember..?

BW:"Wheres the man...?"
SLJ: "Sitting in the f***ing road...!!??!! How the hell should I know...?" (SLJ then goes on to explain the mechanics of the wriddle to the badly hungover McClane.)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 01:48 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ah right... the extensive spelling distracted me. Hehehe

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 07:26 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Understandable.

It was kinda hard to emulate that dialogue in 'drunkish' or 'pissed-ese'. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 11:49 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

INdeed.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 09:12 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

So, on the Blueray extras, is there anything that acknowledges the fan reaction to the release of the movie...?

Or did they just whitewash it with the usual self obsessed LFL promotional banter...?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 10:01 PM
queeq
Chaos

Of course.

Frankly, I haven't watched the extras. I'm getting a little bored with the same ole same ole smoochy making ofs... I want more Making Of''s like the one on the TWelve Monkeys DVD or Lost in La Mancha. The best ever....
Oh and I liked the ones on the Alien Quadrilogy and on the latest Blade Runner DVD: honest, shows all the crap that went on etc. That's a lot more interesting than the : oh, it was the best experience in life - stuff.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 11:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Agreed 1000%

Especially on the quality of the Quadrilogy stuff.
Thats a very good example of how it should be.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 04:23 PM
queeq
Chaos

I'm still hoping that we'd ever get something like that on Star Wars. Why is Ridley Scott getting all the good stuff... (most of it IS good stuff, but still, why can't others be as honest as he is... )

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 11:05 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well you see Ridley Scott hasnt sold out and is still the artist that he always was.

Speilberg and Lucas are fat and lazy and probably tell the studio what is going on the DVD whereas Scott strikes me as being opposite to that and seems to be more subject to conventional demand.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 11:58 AM
queeq
Chaos

Moreso even. Because he usually gives us a lot more on DVD than many other directors. Not only does he continue to explore the possibilities of his films (see Alien, Gladiator Extended Edition, American Gangster E.D.) but also uses it to restore his original ideas (Blade Runner, Kingdom of Heaven). And he allows for very open minded documentaries. I guess he's just a guy that goes about his business and enjoys letting us share that experience.

Spielberg doesn't like DVD and stuff very much I think. Not to do any extra work for it that is. I wonder why... I remember him saying on the Lawrence of Arabia DVD that it was such a wonderful experience watching the restored 222 minute version in 1989 with David Lean himself. And how David Lean kept talking to Spielberg how everything was done, just like, and I quote Spielberg, "watching a DVD with a director's commentary". Why doesn't he do any of that then???

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 01:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well he claimed to be a massive TFs fan too....
I dont trust his word anymore.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 11:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, Spielberg has given me plenty of movies to enjoy forever. With 1941, TAOS is only his second major bummer. That's not a bad track record. I'm sure he'll give us another good movie. With Lucas I'm not so sure.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 09:18 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well as the old addage goes: "As long as there is a little boy to fixate on in his story, SS'll be there." sad

GL might still fluke it... but he'd better let Kershner direct everything for him for acting performances, and let Gary Kurtz get in there and flesh out any ideas... it is his only hope. stick out tongue

And lets not forget that War of the worlds (Strong start weak finish) was highly flawed, as A.I. (Weak start gerat finish) arguably was too, and Spielbergs other producer titled jobs have sucked of late..... TFS certainly did.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 15th, 2008 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 08:01 PM
queeq
Chaos

Okay, WotW wasn't very great. And AI sucked at the end, if you don't mind me. He should have ended the film with the boy stuck under the ferris wheel staring at the Blue Fairy - so close and yet unreachable. Then he was truly human.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 10:49 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Fair play that could have worked. I'd agree with that.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 12:43 AM
queeq
Chaos

The last ten minutes was the usual Spielberg mushy-happy-family-ending, but so forced that I thought that was bad stuff. Sure, the other ending may have been less optimistic, but at least that would have worked.
Oddly enough, Spielberg claims that ending actually came from Kubrick. I wonder if he'd really let it in the final cut though. But we'll never know.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 09:57 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The strange thing is that all I remembered about the end was that bit underwater and the statue...... my memory of the movie ends there.
Thats why I considered it so.

Now you have reminded me that had shit after that....... points off.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 01:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah the futuristic shit.

See! The underwater bit was a natural ending. But no, Spielberg needed another ten minutes to forcefully turn it into something mushy-feel-good.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 08:16 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well of course.

On screen, he seems obssessed by kids (boys chiefly) to the point that it sickens the audience these days, yourself included, by making bad writing calls for the sake of his worship.

Therefore, regardless of what it does to the movie, the kids in question will be treated in a wretch making way throughout the movie until it becomes little more tolorable than just another movie for Speilberg's private collection only. Like WOTW.
Cruise's son should have been toast.

But nooooooooooooooo. He did better than the national army, escaping certain firey death and got home to his nans, hundereds of miles away.

Same with AI.

I know Im not the 1st to pick up on this.

Off screen..... Well I dont even wanna speculate about the VERY worrying hundreds of child sex allegations made against him I just found out about. Look em up.

That he was defending Micheal Jackson's sleeping with other people's kids paired with his onscreen nods to preference, are not good IMO.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 17th, 2008 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 09:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Did also find out just now, interestingly, that Jackson had a big falling out with SS after Jackson was denied being in "Hook".
He made Jackson's hate list apparently. (Which he tried to consumate by a bloodbath black magic curse ritual against Spielberg
SS still defended him though, since.

(In the Arviso trial period, Im sure it was.. man Im gonna be sorry if it was John Landis I was remembering lolz)

Its like the story that MJ and GL (himself having a lot of allegations behind him too, apparently) fell out because GL blew out MJ's plans for a transformers like film where he turned into a car and had kids sit in him.

Man Im really starting to worry now thinking about this.
If GL or SS were/are nonces, I would have to face a life with no Star Wars or Indy on principle.

I come to you on this Queeq, as you are the biggest fan of SS that I know, you may be able to debunk this....

So please, say it aint so....!!!

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 17th, 2008 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 09:24 PM