KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Worst Star Trek Movie Ever?

Worst Star Trek Movie Ever?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Star Trek the Motion Picture 8 16.67%
Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn 0 0%
Star Trek III the Search for Spock 0 0%
Star Trek IV the Voyage Home 4 8.33%
Star Trek V the Final Frontier 14 29.17%
Star Trek VI Undiscovered Country 2 4.17%
Star Trek VII Generations 1 2.08%
Star Trek VIII First Contact 0 0%
Star Trek XI Insurrection 13 27.08%
Star Trek X Nemesis 6 12.50%
Total: 48 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Worst Star Trek Movie Ever?
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Devil King
Which scenes in Generations were recycled from Undiscovered Country? I don't remember that.

the klingon bird of prey exploding...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 12:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

except in undiscovered country it was epic win

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 12:41 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by darthmaul1
since when have they used a joystick to steer the enterprise?? they have used a key pad to adjust the course even in the shuttles but NEVER a joystick. (show me one episode where they have done that)

I really can't pin down a specific episode. I just vaguely recall the series lighting of the bridge, the joystick looking even crappier, and my "Really?!" reaction to it.

Might be possible I'm just remembering Insurrection again.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 10:21 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

You are remembering Insurrection with the joystick, Riker says manual control and the column pops up with the big joystick and all of a sudden the enterprise handles like a fighter jet. it made me laugh i'll give it that.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 04:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Raoul

I didn't mind the recycled footage. Thats how Paramount wanted to save money. The also did that for some of the tv shows

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 07:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah, I think I do remember picking up on that. It's been a while I suppose.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 08:33 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I didn't mind the recycled footage. Thats how Paramount wanted to save money. The also did that for some of the tv shows

they did it in the ds9 finale... i couldnt believe it... the last episode and they skimp on the budget...

Originally posted by Devil King
Oh yeah, I think I do remember picking up on that. It's been a while I suppose.

i didnt notice it at first either...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 07:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

so far its final frontier by a landslide

what does god need with a starship?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 09:53 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Schecter
so far its final frontier by a landslide

what does god need with a starship?

Who are you to question God, mortal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 06:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

V for the original movie cast,
and Insurrection for TNG.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 07:49 PM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

the first movie was way to drawn out but the books that later tied the voyager probe as being the first borg "being" they came into contact with and joined spock with the collective...made me like it just a little more...but still the worst....due to being dragged out

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 04:24 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jack Daniels
the first movie was way to drawn out but the books that later tied the voyager probe as being the first borg "being" they came into contact with and joined spock with the collective...made me like it just a little more...but still the worst....due to being dragged out

i never read that book, is it any good?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 12:09 PM
Darth Tombulis

Worst STAR TREK movie to me?

OK, I do agree with the idea THE FINAL FRONTIER was terrible (especially since it was suppose to be the LAST original cast feature film, only to crap out so bad the cast felt they needed another movie to really go out right). But to me, INSURRECTION was worst because of the storyline. The Alpha Quadrant is at war with the Dominion, and the Enterprise is...NOT...on the frontlines. To me, the plot to this movie should have been focused around the war, with a HUGE ground battle between Klingons and the Gem' Hadar soldiers (a LORD OF THE RINGS-type battle, MILLIONS of soldiers), along with the BIGGEST SPACEBATTLE EVER SEEN. THAT would have been glorious...only....the Enterprise was saving a planet, one planet, that ANYONE ELSE could have done. And NEMESIS could have been set around the return of VOYAGER, and fighting the Borg.

But...what can you do. With the new movie coming out, and Rick Berman not involved (as far as I can see), it should be alright...we'll just have to see when it comes out.

Thank you.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:17 PM
Darth Tombulis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Tombulis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Tombulis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

i never read that book, is it any good?

yeah not sure which one it was I need to read em all again just havent had time....they were gonna assimilate spock but then figured out his mind was already linked with the collective so anyways if I remember which book it was Ill post the name back in here

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 02:49 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

just as i predicted, its neck and neck between final frontier and insurrection. both tragically horrible movies in their own right. completely different yet equally hated.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 11:28 AM
Badabing
Karen

Star Trek WOK and Star Trek FC are both made of pure win.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:28 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Insurrection FTL

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 12:56 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayJohn85

Been used many times was used in DS9 as well lol.

Final frontier got my vote followed by insurrection. As for the nemesis bashing on the prime directive thing, according to plot it all made sense the federation just came outta a serious war, serious violations of the directive in insurrection too and just generally a darker time period in federation history. In short they fed up probably of getting shot at and decided to do some of there own:P

"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the knife,"Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth. "Let’s put a smile on that face!" And... Why so serious?"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 12:31 AM
JayJohn85 is currently offline Click here to Send JayJohn85 a Private Message Find more posts by JayJohn85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I voted for Final Frontier. My brother and I watched all the Trek movies and FF was the only one we couldn't sit through-its just a big mess. The Motion Picture was really boring but you got to understand at the time they were planning a second series, not a film, so I don't think things were thought out properly as a result.

I think Generations is average, along with Insurrection and Nemesis-although Nemesis has a brilliant space battle at the end.

The problem with the 'Picard' movies is that they all somehow revolve around Data.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:36 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Badabing
Final Frontier and Nemesis are my least favorites, though I'll still watch them. For rell.

Good call.
I myself voted Final Frontier but I agree that Nemesis isn't up to standard either. Its just flat and a big bummer too.
I'm not crazy about the bland Insurrection either.

"The motion(less) picture" is one I felt sentimentally nosgtalgic for but its a very hollow movie emotionally.

Thank f*** that they got it right for WTOK.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 10:51 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote