KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)

Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)
Started by: jinzin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)

(please log in to view the image)
Okay, this thread has been a LONG LONG LOH-HONG time in the making. I'm sorry for the year long wait to everyone who wanted this out way back when but at least we've finally got things together now.
I'd like to personally thank Srankmissingnin for a large number of scans that he contributed (sorry I didn't accredit all of them to you Srank; got lazy).
And to Soljer for being relentlessly on our asses about finishing this damned thing.
Finally I would like to thank the handful of people who were reasonable enough posters on this site over the last 3/4 years tha actually read our arguments and explanations for Wolverine, and dedicate this thread to all Wolvie's fans and my friends here, this board has definitely gone through a major change in how this character is viewed nowadays and that wouldn't have been possible without you.
So without further delay, let's begin:

First off we're going to start with a few explanations of things concerning Wolverine's character.
A solid Wolverine hater once PMed me trying to get me to eplain certain aspects about Wolverine. Once the conversation was finished he found that he no longer hated the character and requested that I put this at the head of the new thread. So here it is:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solar
I know you have a Respect Thread coming, I saw that earlier. But It will involve most of his career (Probably) and not everyone will look through it.
I also know how everyone hates Wolverine and its fans, but I have been convince a few times by you, reading over old debates etc.
So I know its not impossible for me to be completely convinced Wolverine isn't the worst written character today. (Apart from Black Panther ) So I was thinking maybe you should make a topic with the sole purpose of convincing everyone of that. Stuff like how he can heal much better than before. I saw you post proof that his HF has improved, before that I didn't know about that scan. So I assume you have lots of other evidence to show all the little details of why everyone hates Wolverine. It sounds similar to the RT but this different because your addressing the hate. I look forward to your reply.

To be entirely honest I'm making this thread far more for the Wolverine fans (the measily half dozen of us out there) rather than the haters...
I do of course hope the haters go to the thread and check it out at least a bit so they know more about the character, but if they don't, it really doesn't matter to me.
The fact of the matter is that people will only BELIEVE what they want to believe.

Take Namor for instance. It's the generally accepted concensus that Wolverine will lose to Namor in a straight fight.
Some of the reasons being that he's too fast or strong for Wolverine to handle;
Yet comic book panels tell a different story.
In all of their fights, Namor has been hit (with the exception of one encounter where Wolverine pulled back on Namor's acount).
In all of their fights Wolverine has whethered his blows.

So far the only person with plot devices in their favor has been Namor (using a tree, using an i-beam, having teams to back him up, having water to retreat to, taking on Wolverine while Wolverine's under the influence of mind control, taking on Wolverine after his healing factor's been taxed out, and getting multiple sucker punches on Logan throughout their fights).
Yet people claim that Wolverine has to get lucky to even land one shot.
Namor's admitted he can't legitimately take down Wolverine (who's not being mind controlled) yet people claim that Wolverine beating Namor is a joke...

Wolverine has taken on enough bricks enough times to earn him the rightful name of the antibrick, yet people ALWAYS say "such and such is too strong" as if Wolverine can't take punishment from bricks. As if he hasn't been doing it since day one.
Every piece of conceivable evidence says that Namor is going to lose that fight, yet no matter how much logic, proof, or reasoning I can give to people to try and convince them of this, if they don't want to believe it they simply won't. They'll easily write off what they don't like as "PIS"; and then we just end up with more ignorant posts like"Namor one shotted Wolverine". Which has never happened but it's still being posted to this day.

No, an entire thread dedicated to rid Wolverine hate will only (I think) end up backfiring. It will bring many people who disagree and worse people who will come to argue just for the sake of arguing.
I'll leave the arguing to the vs. forums, and I'll just stick to making the Wolverine Respect Thread...
However, should it pique your interest, there IS going to be a section in the thread that will be dedicated to clear up some of his various characteristics and questions about the character. It's not a large section, just a few nicknack scans to detail out some facts.

Other than that I'm just going to post the thread and let whomever looks at it come to their own conclusions.
As it's been said, a pictures worth more than a thousand words.

That reply my friend his earned you allot of respect.
I will name my problems with Wolverine:

*The fact that he isn't knocked out after punches from heavy hitters. (I expect you can convince me that it should happen, I hope so)

*His Inconsistency with how he takes blows. (He takes 5 punches from Hulk and is not knocked out but one quick punch from behind from Namor knocks him out)

*The death thing doesn't really bother me but I would prepare it not happening, takes away his coolness. (The need to not worry and wonder how he will make it can be boring)

*The fanboys, not all, I just can't stand how obsessive they are, but its not just Wolverines its every character with fanboys, Apoc fans drives me nuts lol)

*The fact that Marvel can't decide on his powerset, if they gave a logical reason why hes that powerful. But super speed and strength have never been listened as being one of his traits, only in his different writers who have him doing things that don't match the other ones.

There's probably more but I can't think right now.
Maybe you can clear some of my problems up, if anyone can its you.
Oh about that believing bit, thats not always true, I wanted to believe it was bullshit that Wolverine heals like he does but you showed me and now I believe the truth. Have faith.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:23 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

*Okay well, for the knock out scenario let us first examine how knock outs occur in the first place.
Knock outs happen when the brain is rocked back and forth inside the head causing it to bounce around in the skull. When it does so the electrical synapses that fire off in the brain which help to dictate balance and motor skills get jolted. When the brain hits the front of the skull they fire from the front backward, and when it hits the back of the skull, the opposite.. When the Synapses get caught in the crossfire, it causes the nervous system to "short circuit" causing the person to lose their motor skills and conciousness.

By way of boxing and full contact fighting statistics it's rare for people to be knocked out for more than a minute, it's extremely rare for them to slip into a coma.

This is important because:
Wolverine's been described on multitudes of occasions as taking damage from bullets, knives or explosions that would kill a man, ten men, twenty, an elephant, and even a heard of elephants... Yet in most of these references Wolverine continues not only to struggle, but to put up a full fledged fight. We know for certain that Wolverine can heal from an exploded heart in as fast as a few minutes, and once his nervous system regenrates he's able to pull off the same feat with his entire mass from a skeleton as well.

One incident in particular comes to mind; Wolverine and Sabretooth were kicking the livin hell out one another, Wolverine recognized that they were trading punishment that would have killed dozens of men; Wolverine can heal from mortal afflictions capible of killing dozens of men fast enough not to be bothered by it to slow down his fight with another vicious superhuman... Why is this important?

Because: Think about the rate at which you heal; A srape, a cut, they might take a few days do scab over, and can take up to a few weeks before their appearance completely subsides. Think about that rate of healing and then think about how long it would take your body to heal at that rate from a knive wound. Weeks? Months?
Imagine how long it would take to regenerate an entire arm at that rate of healing... It would probably take decades... These are wounds Wolverine recovers from in minutes, seconds even.
When you put all that into perspective, recovering from a knock out at the rate Wolverine heals is practically nothing. Theoretically he could heal from a KO in a nanosecond or less.
It's concievable that Wolverine DOES get knocked out every time he gets hit by a brick, but he heals from the KO so fast that he recovers before he loses his balance or falls over... It's even possible that he experiences flashes of blackouts without falling down.

Another explanation is that Wolverine's healing factor has adapted his body to it.
The human body is an extraordinary thing. In martial arts, the fighter can condition their body to be capible of rending through steel without breaking a bone. How is this possible?
Constant training; the use of forearm to forearm, causes substantial damage to the outer bone. The body then deposits calcium into pockets of the bone. These calcium deposits make the bone denser, and denser and denser.. Eventually the martial artist can graduate to practicing with the wooden dummy, and then the iron dummy.

Now, we know that Wolverine's healing factor restores him just the way he was before he took whatever damage he's had to heal from, HOWEVER, we also know that Wolverine's brain learned how to heal over itself, to protect Wolverine from mental damage; It's possible that it also learned how to protect him from physical damage as well, developing something akin to "Homer Simpson Syndrome".
This would explain why it was easier for bricks to knock him unconcious in his classic appearances than it seems to be now.
Perhaps it's grown tissue inside the skull to keep the head from bouncing around...
Either one of these explanations are plausible, but both are speculation.

*For the consistency; Wolverine takes damage from class 100's far more often than he fails to stand up to them.
Even your example is skewed.. The only time Namor was able to put Logan down was with a sucker punch AFTER Wolverine's healing factor was taxed out from having him regenerate from a skeleton and stand up to the punishment from another brick in Janus.
Most of Wolverine's brick-fights have him taking brick punishment and getting up/fighting back...
Most of his brick-fights where he fails to do that are skewed; usually Wolverine gets cheapshotted or he is already taxed out from something else.

*I always thought that the danger to Wolverine's friends and loved ones is the real tension in Wolverine stories if it's not just the straight badassery, in spite of his immortality, he's not able to prevent horrible things from happening to the people he loves, that's where the drama manifests. Also there's the constant struggle with the beast. We all have our own inner demons, horrible memories, and shameful acts of the past and it's hard to face them sometimes, Wolverine has to deal with all of that on a daily basis.

* True enough, fanboys suck. The problem with Wolverine fans is that they often get labeled as fanboys because they think that Wolverine can do what he's already proven to do.. When most people think the high end feats of Logan are PIS (whether they are or not), it's easy to discard his fans as illogical and irrational... Furthermore, people just aren't really that well educated on his character.
They see one feat where Wolverine gets dropped from a handgun and decide that's his standard.
They ignore that most of his low end feats are low end because of the story. For (made-up) example: Wolverine gets dropped by a shotgun blast. What they don't know is that Wolverine had to fight off a brood infection for a week straight and then had to fight Omega Red immediately after that but immediately before he's been shot.
But this kind of crap happens all the time.

*Actually Wolverine's been attributed as super fast and super strong since early on in his career. The only inconsistency there is from handbooks, and even then they call him superhuman now.
The fact of the matter is that Wolverine's NOT a human, he's a mutant...
and on top of that he's not an ordinary mutant; When Dr. Lang ran an analysis on Wolverine and the rest of the X-men, is scientists got a really strange readout in Wolverine's mutation as compared with his comrades... In the new Loeb stories we find out that he's part Lupine (werewolf/wolf) in his mutation, this explains how he's faster than vampires by Blades own admission.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:23 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

So what characters can actually knock Wolverine out??

I suppose the current writer has helped Wolverine then, if he has been explaining why he does these uber things from his past.

I still don't like the guy know but he has helped I guess.

Loeb's I don't know... He's alright in some acpects of his writing but in terms of Wolverine's historical continuity, he's a trainwreck. lol.

To be completely honest I think anyone can knock Wolverine out given enough time and effort. The thing is, if some random thug was trying to do it and Wolverine let him, the Thug would probably break his hand or tire to the point of exhaustion far before Wolverine even began to really notice an affect.

Most people who are over class 50 or so should be able to do so, as with most class 100's....

But it's all a matter of A) The situation.
B) What shape Wolverine's in.
and C) How long they've been hitting him...

From all appearances, Wolverine looks easier to KO from cheap shots than in combat.

I know that it's easier to KO fighters with a punch/kick that they don't see coming, but it's hard to rationalize how that works, and frankly I'm unaware of scientific reasoning behind it, I just know from what I've seen on that matter.

Energy weilders have a better chance statistically than people with super strength in taking Wolverine down...

Also people who use knives and cutting equiptment as part of their fighting arsenal also have a seemingly easier time. I believe that's due to that chance/theory that Wolverne's body has to reproduce bloodcells when he bleeds out from knife wounds as opposed to reabsorb blood into his system from the internal bleeding caused from brick punches... Thus, making his healing factor work harder while working with less to replenish itself causing Wolverine to become easier to put down.

See now Namors fights all depend how long the fight goes and if he is able to avoid his claws long enough. So 7/10 for Namor, maybe even 6.

I wish Wolverine used his skill more instead of acting like a animal.

I'm fairly certain Wolverine DOES use his skill in most fights...

In the Mr. X story arch, military members are watching him fight (on panel it looks like "raaaawwwrrr!" but....), they described that he's using all sorts of different fighting skill while ripping them to pieces..

In one Wolverine arch, he's training in the danger room and they describe how his brain is still capible of retaining highly sophisticated combat strategies even while in the middle of a berserker rage.

In terms of skilled fighters he's beat almost every high ranking person there is.

He's always been listed as a rank of 7 which is the highest fighting skill awarded by marvel. Always...

In the Marvel Overpower game his skill was ranked higher than Captain America's.

See here's the problem with Namor vs. Wolverine... Namor has no range... He necessarily HAS to fight Wolverine in a hand to hand competition (note: I'm not counting the possibility of Namor picking up a building and dropping it on Logan because that doesn't really prove who can beat who in a straight fight.).

Now in terms of speed, there's no advantage to either party. For every one of Namor's best feats of speed in combat, Wolverine has matched it or surpassed it.

In terms of skill, while Namor's skill is good for a brick he's simply outclassed by the calibur of fighter that Wolverine is.. If direct comparison's aren't enough to convince you, look at the Namor vs. Captain America fights, The cap is ALWAYS giving him a tough time in combat based on his skill alone.

Wolverine also has a reach advantage.. While short, his claws add a whole foot of reach to his striking, Wolverine can keep Namor at a safe distance if he needs to while Namor can't.

In terms of damage soak.. Wolverine can take far more punishment from Namor than Namor can from Wolverine...

If Namor punches Wolverine in the face, he'll get up.
If Wolverine clocks Namor in the face with claws out, Namor won't.

And if there's no water around to retreat to, Wolverine can heal from the damage that Namor dishes out while Namor can't heal from the bloodloss and wounds that Wolverine can give to him...
-And we're just talking about stabbing here... What happens if Namor gets in too close and Wolverine decides to swing instead of strike? If Namor grabs Logan, he's losing a hand... Hell he might very well lose a limb in mid fight, Wolverine did it to the Blazing Skull, and Skull can lift about 60+ tons.

Namor has to fight flawlessly to beat Wolverine, and he has to keep it up long enough to actually put Wolverine down.

Against a fighter who's just as fast, better in skill, and has a reach advantage.. I don't see Namor capible of that.

I'm not saying that Wolverine takes this ten out of ten. Namor definitely has what it takes to bring Logan down, just not for the majority..

Nothing I've seen from Namor dictates otherwise..

ESPECIALLY when one considers their fights...

1st- Wolverine could have slice Namor in half but pulls back to show Namor he's not a threat..
2nd- Mind Controlled Wolverine fights Namor to a stalemate; Namor admits that he can't beat Wolverine sans the mind control later on.
3rd-Mind Controlled Wolverine beats up the Blazing Skull, Namor cheap shots him and then Wolverine proceeds to beat Namor till U.S. Agent comes to Namor's rescue.. Namor thanks Agent for saving him.
4th- Wolverine who already had to heal from a skeleton and fight a 60-70 ton lifter fights Namor to the point that he momentarily drops him with stab wounds.. Namor's guard comes to his RESCUE allowing Namor to get in a cheap shot from behind to end the fight.
5th- Wolverine wearing a suit that slows down his reflexes still beats back Namor, punching him so hard his eye roll into the back of his head.
6th- Namor gets stabbed and has to retreat to a swimming pool to recover.. Wolverine's still fine, getting up, and talking trash even after Namor crushes every organ in his body.
7th(what if)- Namor attack Wolverine and Wolverine stabs him through the head.

How people get "Namor wins" from all that is beyond me...

I'm starting to see your point. Wow.
You have officially changed a Wolverine haters mind. Its the sign off the Apocalypse.

But I say it again, you are a Wolverine fan god, I can see him doing everything hes done, I suggest putting this convo or something similar so you don't have to write it out again in the respect Thread.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:24 PM
jinzin

SECTION 2- IMPORTANT FACTS TO KNOW ABOUT LOGAN:

Let's start with the basics, Wolverine's handbook category in strength is 4... accredited "superhuman":
1. http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/812/strengthxr5.jpg

Wolverine posseses "superhuman strength, agility, reflexes an stamina":
1. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/...bilitieswt6.jpg

Wolverine's one expensive mofo to build; multiple expenses were taken into account for the Weapon X project:
1. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6307/1005378mk6.jpg

Wolverine's skeletal structure is showcased here; his eye sockets are clearly backed by bone:
1. http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9345/00059e4sru1.jpg

Wolverine's brain while in a Berserker Rage is still highly functional and operating at a fast and intelligent level for combat:
1. http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/...rkerragedg2.jpg

Just because Wolverine doesn't manage to decimate something in one attempt doesn't necessarily mean he can't cut it at all as displayed here:
1. http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9160/bouncenb1.jpg

After Wolverine had his Adamantium removed his mutation began to accelerate into the next step, this is resulted in Wolverine's healing factor being kicked into overdrive:
1. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...olverinexe2.jpg
This is further detailed out below:
1. http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...mutationpw7.jpg
2. http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/...utation2jw3.jpg

Wolverine CAN'T be ripped apart. His skeleton is bonded on a molecular level. Ba'al tries to do it and fails.
1. http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/...skeletonlo1.jpg

Hulk ALSO TRIES and fails:
(*repeat*) http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/...agehulk3qv1.jpg

(non 616) Not much of a feat per se' but a demonstration, even with all of Wolverine's tendons, ligaments, flesh, etc burned away by Mordu's flame, Wolverine's skeleton is still displayed as ONE FULLY FUNCTIONAL PIECE.
1. http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/...keleton2kb8.jpg
2. http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/...keleton3ha9.jpg

It's a common misconception that Wolverine was physically enhanced as Death. Technically it's true, he recieved his adamantium skeleton back and he was given some tech and weapons to fend off the X-men. Any such proof that Wolverine was physically more threatening than he is today simply does not exist. Here we're given a comparison of Wolverine to Death enhanced durability or strength are not mentioned:
1. http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2849/deathjw1.jpg

In fact, the X-men attribute Death's success as that of a man who has studied them inside and out:
1. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/...ngdeath9qg9.jpg

Sometimes, Wolverine walking through Cyclops' optic blast is referenced as a reason for this notion to his "upgrades" however, Wolverine has shown that he knows there's a blind spot in Cyk's beam,
Wolverine shows that he understands Cyclops optic beams so well he can rush into the brunt of their blast without sustaining massive damage:
1. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6920/cykbrooddw1.jpg
2. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...ykbrood2ch1.jpg

that combined with the fact that Death was stated to have studied the X-Men and eploit all their weaknesses leads me to believe him walking into Cyk's blast means little to nothing to do with upgrades... As we see here Wolverine was clearly not immune to Cykes blast as one short burst knocked him on his ass:
1. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/76...ngdeath4pd1.jpg

It's been explained multiple times but I feel this belongs here; Wolverine's HF does not run on infinity, it can be taxed out over time. When Logan fails to eat or sleep his HF gets taxed. Why? Because it's always working, it's constant production rate is what heals his arms when his claws cut them while sheathed, what keeps him young, and what causes his senses to operate at a superhuman level, if he doesn't replenish himself between punishment, he's more likely to go down later; it's partially why Namor punched him unconsious in Civil War after healing from a skeleton, he was already taxed:
1. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/...whfworksht9.jpg

Wolverine also experiences phantom pains that last long after his body heals it's physical wounds:
1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/pain78sikz7.gif

It's also evident that the speed of Wolverine's HF is also directly influenced by his adrenaline; Wolverine momentarily goes down to hundreds of bullets. After he gets angry, his adrenaline kicks up, and his HF speeds up with the adrenaline. The result? He don't go down to bullets no more:
1. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8659/hailzv9.jpg
2. http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9150/hail2qt2.jpg
3. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9175/hail3sf2.jpg
4. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5262/hail4aw9.jpg

As stated above Logan is in a constant state of pain due to his claws. When Rogue absorbed his physical attributes in her claws she states it's the worst pain she's ever felt in her life:
1. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/...lawshurthp7.jpg
2. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/...awshurt2cr6.jpg

It's also been made clear that Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton is absolutely no picknic either as it also puts him in a constant state of pain:

"Logan is not human":
1. http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2788/nothumanzs1.png

Even Compared to other mutants Wolverine's physiology is WAY different from his counterparts:
1. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4535/shackleshu2.jpg

Wolverine is fully capible of talking to other animals to the point that they understand what he's saying:
Wolverine demonstrates that he can talk to Zabu, a Sabretooth cat:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2333/zabuwc9.jpg
2. http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/693/zabu2wb3.jpg

Wolverine talks to a wolf and eats dinner with him (sorry for the poor quality my scanner died by the time I got to this):
1. http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3606/1005458wq0.jpg
2. http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4671/1005459ur4.jpg
3. http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7493/1005463cv2.jpg

Wolverine talks to snowbird while she's in the form of a real Wolverine:
1. http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4628/uxm140pg18qv7.jpg

Wolverine talks to and backs down/calms down two starving lions:
1. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1337/lionsuu4.jpg
2. http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5281/lions2do8.jpg

Wolverine communicates with a Wolf who was hopped up on Thunderbolt pills that enhanced him to the point that he killed 3 tigers:
1. http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6393/wolfypi8.jpg

Last edited by jinzin on Jun 11th, 2008 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:25 PM
jinzin

SECTION 3 - WEAPON X NOVEL CITATIONS:
The Weapon X book that came out in 2005 was presented to the public as telling the full and true story behind Wolverine's creation into the government sanctioned killing machine that we all know him as today. What it did was give massive insight on not only the conspiricy around Logan's capture and Adamantium injection, but also on Wolverine himself. His capabilities in print, and even the backstory of his soul.
Many may write this book off as a strictly non canon source with no merit to the comic book version of Wolverine, however an interview with Carasini (the writer) showed that his insight came from the source of Marvel itself, clearly with access to secrets and portions of Wolverine's character that we may not even be aware of yet.

"Marvel also provided a really amazing timeline/bible for the character
Logan/Wolverine which I used heavily. There are some real secrets in
that document and I revealed a few of them in the novel.”

The first important insight the book gives us is a segment that makes mention of Chemical treatments that Wolverine underwent to increase his muscle mass, somewhat similar to Captain America:
1. 1. http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/...vieschemui0.jpg
2. http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/...ieschem2ar4.jpg

This passage of the book describes how Wolverine's spirit is that of a riencarnated warrior who's lived multiple lives, it references his existence as the Hand of God when he stopped the Mesopotamian Demon god Ba'al, as well as the multiple wars he's been a part of as Logan:
1. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/...orspirittk1.jpg
2. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...rspirit2vy0.jpg
3. http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/84...rspirit3vf9.jpg
4. http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/...rspirit4jt2.jpg

This section describes Wolverine's escape from Weapon X as he thrashed through dozens of guards armed in Kevlar body suits with automatic machine guns. While comic panels are nice I don't think the severity of what Wolverine can inflict upon the human body has ever been illustrated as well as it was here:
1. http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/9523/mweaponxxt3.jpg
2. http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5795/mweaponx2qv1.jpg
3. http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/479/mweaponx3op6.jpg
4. http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/...weaponx4uz7.jpg

This little section of the book details out one of Wolverine's Berkerker Rages while in Korea; it gives some insight on Wolverine's added heightened awareness while in this mode, detailing that he can see in slow motion, and recognize bullets coming at him (and this is at night) dodging them. It also nods to the fact that he turns into a better fighter as well:
1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/...rserragehd2.jpg
2. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/...serrage2cv6.jpg
3. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/...serrage3qd7.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:26 PM
jinzin

SECTION 4 - HYPER ACTIVE ANIMAL SENSES:

(Srank) Doom and Arcade have Wolverine in a trap that is designed to confound his sense and keep him off balance. We get a flash back to Wolverine’s days in the Canadian Military with the Hudson’s and a brief explanation of his super senses and why he is so irritable. Wolverine senses are so acute “that he responds to subliminal cues” that other people don’t even notice.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...14604Senses.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...14605Senses.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...14711Senses.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...14712Senses.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...14713Senses.jpg

Wolverine’s able to detect Spiderwoman tracking him:
1. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/...jessicaski2.jpg

Hears and smells Spiderwoman trying to shadow him:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...derwomanld3.jpg

Wolverine uses his sense of smell to help a stranger avoid being shot though all he has to go on is one sniff from downwind that the enemy approaches:
1. http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/...verine64gi6.jpg

Wolverine's enhanced senses pick up on plastics and alloys even in a raging inferno, nice HF feat here as well as he gets up almost immediately after having his throat crushed:
1. http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5039/92964023dz5.jpg

Wolverine senses pick up a man carrying a hostage in a vast wilderness:
1. http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/...ntrackinuw4.jpg

Wolverine hears Silver Samurai’s helmet get hit from another building while inside:
1. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6610/hearssszj2.jpg

Wolverine senses shadow ninja that are able to get the drop on Strange:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8516/shadownz1.jpg
2. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7775/shadow2ns3.jpg

Wolverine picked up Havoks scent in the CITY of Ciaro:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1962/havokdm2.jpg

Wolverine picks up on Mr. X’s army trying to spy on him from atop a high-rise:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...tsxsarmysp3.jpg

Wolverine picks up the scent of cocaine that he’d already come into contact with the previous day, he’s able to pick it up through a lot of pollution and conflicting smells:
1. http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2976/cocaineth6.jpg
2. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9247/cocaine2nb2.jpg

Wolverine can smell pursuers, their number, AND that they’re scared from 3 blocks away:
1. http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/479/copssmellrl4.jpg

Wolverine’s able to pinpoint the dogs after him are Doberman’s in the dark:
1. http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/...obermensla7.jpg

Wolverine dodges an incoming blindside attack gutting the same superhuman attacker while fighting his superhuman friend:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...frombackho4.jpg

Wolverine evades a sneak attack from behind by Shatterstar:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...tterstaree7.jpg

Can hear controlled ninja heartbeats from another room with the door closed:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...etsninjayq3.jpg
2. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...tsninja2du9.jpg

Picks up on incoming jets from a pretty good distance away:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...avokjetswd4.jpg

Can smell, and hear the breathing of his friends as soon as he enters a large ruin:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...reathingzi9.jpg
2. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/...eathing2rd1.jpg

Wolverine picks up on Cyber’s presence off of two scents while asleep on a mountain overlooking the entire city of Madripoor:
1. http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/...adripoorah2.jpg

Wolverine’s senses are able to pin down a construct made out of steam from a cup of tea:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2622/mistvz2.jpg
2. http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4126/mist2hl9.jpg

Wolverine hears a host of ninja on the other side of a wall even though a highly skilled MA nor GR catch any sign of tomfoolery:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...njasmellap0.jpg

Wolverine can feel the pressure of Cyk’s optic blasts coming from behind and react fast enough to avoid it:
1. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...ticblastyw9.jpg

Wolverine hears the Hulk from a room away:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...nseshulkoj0.jpg

Picks up on the oddity of an obscured scent produced by a civilian under Dirtnap’s control:
1. http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/...sdirtnapld6.jpg
2. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...dirtnap2lq3.jpg

Wolverine smells multiple substances, hears heartbeats and can sense the increase of adrenaline:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...ellsgangoh3.jpg

Senses an approaching clusterf*ck coming from down the street while inside during a trial:
1. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...llshorsewz5.jpg

Wolverine hears Zabu’s breath as the cat attempts to sneak up on him:
1. http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...abusneakmv1.jpg

Able to determine specific substances while inside a lab:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...ubstancelj5.jpg

Wolverine’s sense of smell tells him that Rogue has been in Antarctica.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...36105Senses.jpg

Pins down Brass’ sister in the scope of a whole city, stating he could smell her perfume from a mile away:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...sperfumedx5.jpg

Wolverine picks up on incoming attackers outside:
1. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...lsthugs1qq4.jpg
2. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...llsthugskr0.jpg

Picks up on an intruder:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...llsthug3cb1.jpg

His senses pin down Blob and Random down a tunnel and around the corner:
1. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...ndrandomyv2.jpg

Wolverine senses vampires behind a cargo hold in an airstrip:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...llsvampssg6.jpg

Wolverine picks up on a stampede before anyone else recognizes what’s happening:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...edesmellzo0.jpg
2. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...desmell2mx9.jpg

During a training exercise, Wolverine’s senses manage to pinpoint Xaviers Location through multiple rooms and floors of the X-mansion while under attack:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...scharlieai5.jpg
2. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...charlie2rk3.jpg
3. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...charlie3sz1.jpg
4. http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/...charlie4an9.jpg

Wolverine proves that he has a better sense of smell than Daredevil when he's able to tell that Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man are fakes. The two had their bodies inhabited by dopplegangers so any change in their scent had to have been something below the surface. Still Wolverine's able to tell the difference.
1.http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7711/ofactorydj3.jpg
2.http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/306/ofactory2fl7.jpg

Daredevil states Wolverine’s sense of smell as better than his and alludes to Wolverine having impressive hearing:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9838/73733970ep3.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine shows that his animal senses are more keen than beast boys can get:
1. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...hstroke5wc6.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:27 PM
jinzin

============
Sixth Sense?
============
Over the years Wolverine has displayed not only incredible enhanced animal senses but also an innate ability to detect danger or mystical prescenses even without the trace of anything nearby, including a scent. Whether this is the culmination of years of training and honed instincts or an actual supernatural ability is uncertain but he does have some sort of extrasensory ability by all appearances.

Even though Wolverine's enhanced senses are picking up nothing alarming in their environment Wolverine can still
detect that there's not only a danger nearby, but even where it's/he's located.
1. http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6397/6thsenseuu4.jpg
2. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...thsense2yy2.jpg

Even though these two are using a whole mess of tech that enables them to be completely cloaked to the outside world,
Logan thinks that he recognizes something's nearby leaving the two onlookers baffled:
1. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3/6thsensescn6.jpg
2. http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/...hsenses2ml8.jpg

Wolverine recognizes that a host of Nafarian creatures who have no scent and make no noise are on their way towards him.
1. http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/674/nafarisk3.jpg

Wolverine picks up on a ghost even though the Danger Room can’t, then he makes it book ass:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...oomghostlo8.jpg
2. http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/...omghost2ae0.jpg
3. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...omghost3me8.jpg

============
Fighting Blind
============
Wolverine remains highly battlefield effective even while blinded.
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...ingblindfc4.jpg

Wolverine gets blinded by a sentinal’s chest piece, a short reference is made to his heightened sense of sight, Xavier directs his movements but after getting jolted Wolverine is left to fend for himself. He does well enough:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...sentinalpq2.jpg
2. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...entinal2ok4.jpg

Wolverine fights the telepathic Brass who has blended his scent with that of the room, all Wolverine has to go off of is his ability to barely hear Brass’s breathing, it’s enough:
Brass being trained and telepathic:
1. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1364/brassfq0.jpg
The fight:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...arsninjaub0.jpg
2. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...rsninja2ke7.jpg
3. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...rsninja3xf5.jpg
4. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1074/tepninnl8.jpg

Wolverine is able to fend off invisible assassins his senses picked up:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...nvisicaptb2.jpg
2. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...visicap2uf8.jpg

Wolverine's left fighting blinded against Typhoid Mary and still manages to beat her down:
1. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...oidmary1su6.jpg
2. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/...oidmary2au1.jpg
3. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...oidmary3xc0.jpg
4. http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/...oidmary4dk6.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:29 PM
jinzin

SECTION 5 - RANDOM FEATS OF WOLVERINE'S SPEED:

==================================
Rockets, Darts, and Rocket Propelled Darts
==================================
Wolverine easily catches a dart thrown at him by tyger tiger:
1. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/...chesdartag2.jpg

Skrullverine has to do a decent display of speed and reflexes to dodge multiple cars and debris thrown at him by the Hulk:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5817/cardodginul4.jpg

Wolverine easily cuts throwing needles out of the air during a speedblitze, this is after dodging a bullet after it’s been fired, before his cigar as begun to fall while sitting IN A CHAIR!:
1. http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/...18lowresnc4.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine cuts multiple rockets out of the air:
1. http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...eflexes3vq6.jpg

Cuts multiple rocket powered darts out of the air:
1. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/...artblockhm5.jpg

Wolverine snags a rocket out of mid air, and then proceeds to ride it in a collision course with Mojo:
1. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/...cketridekz0.jpg

Wolverine encounters Warhawk and bats a rocket powered dart out of the air once again:
1. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2007/wolv2mz1.jpg
2. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8943/wolvvd5.jpg

Wolverine dodges a rocket shot at him by Deadpool:
1. http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/...23dcp012no1.jpg
2. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/...23dcp014rz4.jpg

Wolverine starting five feet away closes in on Nuke after he pushed the fire button on his rocket launcher and kicks it away before the rocket even leaves the barrel:
1. http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3616/captang6zk5.jpg

Wolverine deflects throwing blades chucked at him by Longshot from behind, he deflects them back into Havoc and Dazzlers direction so they have training targets, catches one and then tosses it back into Long Shot's direction:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3559/reflexes1bi5.jpg
2. http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/...ngshotiisj2.jpg

=======
Bullets
========
(*repeat*) Wolverine dodges through Nuke's automatic gunfire, the begins to move around him like a ghost:
1. http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/...oganuke2tj4.jpg
2. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/...oganuke3jt3.jpg

Wolverine goes headlong into automatic gunfire at near point blank without getting touched:
1. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/...utododgedw2.jpg
2. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/...tododge2ux7.jpg

Wolverine dodges, and outruns automatic gunfire:
1. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...letdodgeww6.jpg

Wolverine pinned between two cars still evades a bullet to the brain at point blank
1. http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5442/mcleishxi1.jpg

Wolverine evades machine gun fire Scalphunter using explosive shells. The added incoming shrapnel and Wolverine’s HF being gone (From Scrambler) makes Wolverine opt to make a jump for it:
1. http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/22...rdodgingss0.jpg

Wolverine dodges around the gunfire of a full party of shooters; one of them men thinks he connected with every shot; from all appearances.. he didn't (guess he didn't know what he was dealing with):
1. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9949/bullets8ou1.jpg

Wolverine evades Scalphunter’s explosive rounds:
1. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...takedownzz9.jpg

Wolverine outspeeds a man's trigger finger from 10 feet away:
1. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4350/bullets9gn1.jpg

Wolverine weaves through gunfire while on the attack:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...letweaveas5.jpg

(repeat) Wolverine easily evades automatic gunfire shot by Deadpool from near point blank range:
1. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/...1dcp0008kz9.jpg

Wolverine dips under automatic gunfire before it can get to him:
1. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...lviebullye1.jpg

Wolverine blitzes two Brood infested cops before they’re able to get a shot off from some dozen or so feet away:
1. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...opblitzehv9.jpg
2. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...pblitze2qh0.jpg

After having killed a gaggle of terrorists, Wolverine decides to take pity on one of them. The man shoots at Wolverine who's over 20 feet away; Wolverine sidesteps the bullet which grazes him and closes ground with a speedblitze so fast that not only is he a virtual blur but the shooter can't even get off another shot:
1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...v2133p03gm1.jpg
2. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...sidestepkq1.jpg

Wolverine dodges automatic gunfire from the bushwhacker; Daredevil's even impressed at his dodging skill:
1. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...letdodgekh3.jpg
2. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...etdodge2kw2.jpg

Wolverine closes ground on multiple shooters using automatics without being touched:
1. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...letdodgeab7.jpg
2. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...etdodge2sj2.jpg

Wolverine runs around Hydra bullet fire without being harmed; Then Omega Red gets ahold of him:
1. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/...letdodgeqk0.jpg

Wolverine moves so fast his shooters can't even lead him:
1. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9358/leadingno6.jpg

Wolverine's moving to fast for gunmen to lead yet again:
1. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...rate0918op3.jpg

Wolverine can dodge bullets; even when he's climbing walls:
1. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...letdodgedu0.jpg

Wolverine bounds around gunfire while trying not to get launched off a plane:
1. http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/...verine26kr5.jpg

Wolverine dodges automatic gunfire while being attacked with nerve gas:
1. http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...e1611jl0qt6.jpg

Wolverine runs in on an apache helicopter so fast that it's targeting systems can't even lock onto him:
1. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/...e1618qu4uc3.jpg

Wolverine dodges automatic gunfire, and then uses a body for cover before the bullets get to him:
1. http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...21810hr3me2.jpg
2. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...81112dk5bc9.jpg

Wolverine closes in on hydra agents before they can use their trigger fingers:
1. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/...peedjumpgt1.jpg

Wolverine moves so fast that he stops the path of a bullet after the trigger's been pulled but before the bullet has left the barrel:
1. http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9586/linusiq2.jpg
2. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/...letstop2ok2.jpg
3. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...letstop3fm3.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:31 PM
jinzin

================================================
Wolverine Moves Faster Than The Human Eye Can Follow
================================================

Wolverine moves faster than Mac Hudson can comprehend:
1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6031/fastgl6.jpg

When Wolverine is freed from mind control, his vengeance is faster than the human eye can follow:
1. http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/...rtoofastzm2.jpg
2. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...toofast2tw4.jpg

Wolverine and Sabretooth are capable of moving nearly faster than Psylockes mind can follow/track:
1. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8915/sabesab5.jpg

A host of men shoot at Wolverine; He moves so fast to avoid the gunfire that it appears as if he's vanished:
1. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3725/speedbarvw6.jpg

Wolverine attacks a thug. He speedblitzes the man before he can use his trigger finger and his claws come out but he retracts them before the punch, faster than anyone recognizes.
1. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/...eedhelennb3.jpg
2. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...edhelen2ak9.jpg

Wolverine moves faster than the eye can see do destroy a danger room robot:
1. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...anfollowpw5.jpg

The prime sentinal model moves too fast for scott summers to even track; Wolverine however is fast enough to dodge his lasers AND deal with him accordingly:
1. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...sentinalfl6.jpg
2. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/...entinal2sy1.jpg

Wolverine cuts off Giests entire skin tight bionic suit in the time it takes him to say a nice clean shave: Not only did he do it faster than hell, but Giest doesn't even register that Logan even touched him:
1. http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/...verine40pe3.jpg
2. http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/...verine41gz4.jpg

Wolverine rips the suit off of Doc Samson before he could even put up a defense, Simon’s under mind control, but still an impressive showing of
comparative speed; which objectively speaking wasn’t affected by the mind control in other subjects of the same arc:
1. http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/892/samsonripdp5.jpg
2. http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/...msonrip2od2.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine and Sabretooth speedblitze around Havoc for a full on conversation:
1. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...dblitze2si8.jpg

Wolverine cut's the barrels off of multiple guns so fast that the gunmen aren't even aware of what's just happened:
1. http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/...20lowresrb7.jpg
2. http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2038/fasttthp5.jpg

============
Random Stuff
============

With storm zipping around at a decent speed, Wolverine doesn't even have to look at her to cut the cape from her shoulders without touching her:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/74...03lowresym9.jpg

Sabretooth get's speedblitzed in his first encounter with the Native:
1. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/...13p08zz1fe1.jpg
2. http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/...13p09xd2yg4.jpg
3. http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/...13p10qv4ky8.jpg
However Wolverine's able to keep up with her superhuman speed in combat:
1. http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/...ratedcppmf3.jpg

Wolverine uses his impressive speed to make way to a wall, cut out a square from the wall and use it to catch nightcrawler; This also double stands as an example of Wolverine's impressive strength:
1. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...fcatchinlv7.jpg

Wolverine and x-23 do the after-image thang:
1. http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7895/x235go7.png

Wolverine blitzes a group of men through some trees and runs off carrying Archie so fast that no one’s even able to get off a shot on him before he disappears:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...ieblitzeee0.jpg

The Hunter in Darkness creature is too fast for James and Heather Hudson usng their Vindicator suits.. But not for Wolverine:
1. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/...rtoofastcm2.jpg
2. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/...toofast2mj0.jpg

The last guy who tried to use this battle suit got nailed by one of the Hunters because they were too fast: But Wolverine's reflexes can deal:
1. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/...xes5hindge1.jpg
2. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/...toofast3uw9.jpg
2. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3697/suitju1.jpg
4. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/...xes7hindop7.jpg

Wolverine moves from the second base to the outfield in a split second and catches a baseball with his middle claw before it can clock a day dreaming Storm.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n37906Speed.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n37907Speed.jpg

Wolverine manages to deflect a spear thrown by Dracula that is only feet away from Cyclops even though Wolverine starts out from behind Cyclops' body... and one imagines Dracula can throw a pretty mean spear.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...al0627Speed.jpg

Wolverine uses his sheer speed to save the X-Men from a rampant Danger Room:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...ngerroomtf8.jpg

Wolverine has to dodge and avoid the blows of a village full of fighters skilled enough to kill him with one blow:
1. http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7449/villlagetm0.jpg

Magma throws a blast in Wolverine's direction, he vanishes before it even hits the drapes that were in front of him:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/69...astspeedwg0.jpg

Bats an incoming speedball away without even looking:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/94...dballfj1mw3.jpg

Okay this feat is insane; Not only does Wolverine tag speed demon but if you look at the panel above that, he's right behind speed demon's straight sprint flipping and bounding and he isn't losing much ground no expression . :
1. http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1830/strategyte6.jpg

Wolverine teaching Kitty Pride some various fighting skills utterly dismantle's two metallic practice dummies; And he does it in an estimated two seconds:
1. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/...osecondstt9.jpg
2. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/46...seconds3cd9.jpg
3. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/...seconds2sy3.jpg

Blade basically equates Wolverine's speed to be much faster than a human, and suggests he's faster than vampires as well:
1. http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8333/bladexg0.jpg
2. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7841/blade7dh3.jpg

Wolverine blitzes a Brood Queen infested Xavier with his mental powers before she can defend herself from his attack… Though, she does catch him with a psy-bolt on his descent:
1. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...ierbroodkb0.jpg
2. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...erbrood2qs0.jpg
3. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...erbrood3pu0.jpg
4. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...erbrood4ep4.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:32 PM
jinzin

SECTION 6 - RANDOM FEATS OF WOLVERINE'S STRENGTH:

Wolverine noncholantly sprains a man's hand just by gripping onto it and squeezing without even stressing himself (guess that was repeatative... too bad!):
1. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/...sheshandbd4.jpg

Wolverine effortlessly beats a large muscular man in an arm wrestling competition:
1. http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/...estling2df1.jpg

Wolverine picks a man up with one hand and snaps his neck with the effort of that of a twig:
1. http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4963/necksnapgn9.jpg

With his bare hands, Wolverine snaps the neck of an attacking DINOSAUR:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...necksnapgg0.jpg

Wolverine is seen curling an upwards of 300 plus pounds, while trying to forget about Sabretooth:
1. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/...uspoundsma0.jpg

Wolverine kicks a rather well sized boulder sending it flying at an incredible rate of speed, and then proceeds to send three full grown men airborn with one punch:
1. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/...othebootkj8.jpg

Wolverine once again kicks a large sized rock at with an absurd amount of force:
1. http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/...theboot2hd3.jpg

Wolverine lifts an enourmous tree trunk to bat away at a supernatural foe because touching them freezes him to the soul:
1. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3121/bd9a6048ps6.jpg

Wolverine effortlessly carries a moose over one shoulder like it’s a sack of potatoes... he may have climbed a mountain with it.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...010Strength.jpg

(*repeat*) Wolverine lifts six men off the ground with one hand; Even if these men are only pushing around a buck 30 or a buck 50 Wolverine's still lifting circa 800 lbs with one hand over his head.
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...pirates3vt4.jpg

Wolverine push presses a fairly large chunk of rock and debris in a searh for survivors of the Standford debacle:
1. http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3955/rockliftqn7.jpg

Wolverine throws a rather large sized shark out of the water at a ridiclous speed; More impressive given the fact that he did this against the tension of the water and he didn't have his feet for leverage since they were buisy helping him stay afloat:
1. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/...rktossinvc5.jpg

Wolverine murauding around as Death displays tremendous strength tossing a man against the force of Storms hurricane winds:
1. http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/...ricwindsir5.jpg

Wolverine punches a man underwater; The force of which is so hard it sends the man into the concrete making a crater from the momentum/force:
1. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/...ntcraterar4.jpg

Launches a hand ninja through a bolted thick steel door, and who said hand ninja were good for nothin?
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6172/1005393mr5.jpg

Wolverine runs full tilt with two grown men hanging off of him, and rams through a solid wood door shattering it to pieces.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...403Strength.jpg

Leland increases Wolverine’s mass but the floor buckles before Wolverine does.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...213Strength.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...214Strength.jpg

Wolverine crushes a pipe with his grip alone.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...217Strength.jpg

Wolverine climbs a mountain with Moria Mactaggert hanging around his neck.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...812Strength.jpg

Wolverine lifts an elevator full of people:
1. http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...atorliftqe9.jpg

Wolverine one handedly tossed a motorcycle a short distance at Mcliesh with enough force to cripple the man:
1. http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/...torcyclexa0.jpg

Wolverine tosses a dumpster (an estimated 1600 lbs) one handed from one side of an ally to the other sending it airborn:
1. http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5372/dumpsterii9.jpg

Wolverine gets a bar hit over his head; Ignoring it's effect, he easily bends it around the neck of one of his assailants:
1. http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8872/barbendix5.jpg
2. http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1346/barbend2nx0.jpg

(*repeat*) Wolverine squeezes the metal vertebre of a metalic practive dummy so hard it leaves ring marks around the things neck:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/46...seconds3cd9.jpg

Wolverine stops Sabretooth's superhuman punch dead cold:
1. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...thspunchxs0.jpg

Wolverine breaks out of the Chromalloy "unbreakable" shackles Dr. Lang put him in (*It's interesting to note that Wolverine's mutant readout is "NOTHING LIKE THE OTHERS" considering his new historical lineage from Jeph Loeb*):
1. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4535/shackleshu2.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/...hackles2de6.jpg

Wolverine totally destroys a wrap of chain that was put in place to hold him:
1. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...ainbreaknt6.jpg

After losing it, Wolverine completely shatters chains wrapped completely around him:
1. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...ainbreakbb4.jpg
2. http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/...inbreak2ri5.jpg

Wolverine breaks free of Mesmero's mind control AND his "unbreakable" chains:
1. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...kmesmeroff4.jpg

Even though Wolverine's been put through the ringer in his 17 hour long fight from Omega Red and his short frakus with Sabretooth, even though he's barely fit to be breathing, he still finds enough resolve to completely destroy the manicles that were holding him in place when he gets pissed off:
1. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...traints2cl0.jpg
*These restraints were strong enough to hold all the other members of the X-men including Rogue and Beast.
*2.http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/...straintswf3.jpg

Wolverine launches Blackcat a massive distance through the air:
1. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/...age05xs3tl9.jpg

After being left on a cross to die by the Reavers for days, baking under blistering heat, having been beaten and tortured, Wolverine finally wills himself to pry himself from the cross:
1. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2243/reaversxkv5.jpg
2. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...eaversx2rc2.jpg

Wolverine once again destroys the metal restraints that are ment to hold him down:
1. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1200/chainspv5.jpg
2. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2388/chains2yu2.jpg

Wolverine's strapped to a blackbird jet by Sabretooth with chains; Of course he easily breaks them apart by a flex of his muscle; Apparently Sabes doesn't read too much Wolverine if he actually thought that would hold him:
1. http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/...rnofightjk3.jpg

(*repeat*) Even though he's been stabbed and shot Wolverine still breaks out of the handcuffs Winter Soldier tries to restrict Wolverine with (what's wrong with these people? They must all come from the same group of people who are under the impression Wolverine's a peak human):
1. http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/...oldier11cz8.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine tears himself free of metal bonds that Alpha Flight pinned him down with:
1. http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/...haowned8bm4.jpg

Wolverine shatters some chains with his bare hands.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...532Strength.jpg

Wolverine forces his way into the Danger Room. The Danger Room is damaged and slightly bend from his grip.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...203Strength.jpg
some strength showings as Wolverine throws a lion , rips chains bare handed, and breaks bars
1. http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/...1shot005lp9.jpg
2. http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/...1shot006ua5.jpg
3. http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?...1shot007bx3.jpg
4. http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?...1shot008ia9.jpg
5. http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?...1shot009qm0.jpg
6. http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?...1shot010zk8.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:34 PM
jinzin

SOME FEATS OF WOLVERINE'S STOPPING POWER:

(non 616) Wolverine punches Vindicator so hard that the shielding on his suit fails and he's knocked out after hitting a computer panel:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...haowned9vo5.jpg

Wolverine engages Caliban in a hand to hand fight and he knocks Caliban out with blunt force:
1. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8438/g5pw8.png
2. http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/165/g6ne9.png

Bone-Claw Wolverine goes fisticuffs with a demon possessed grizzly and gives it an ass stomping:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...ssedbearkj2.jpg

Wolverine teaching Kitty Pride various MA skills puts his fist straight through one practice dummy and caves in the other one's head:
1. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/46...seconds3cd9.jpg

One noncholant whack is all it takes to break a man's arm for Logan:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...onebreakrh2.jpg

Another noncholant whack is all it takes for logan to embed his hand into a metal wall; shattering parts of it:
1. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/...ughsteellt3.jpg

Wolverine takes down Roughouse with fists alone:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...stfight3qn9.jpg

Wolverine easily breaks apart swords and metal nunchucks with his duper durable bone structure:
1: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3117/boneshb6.jpg

Other displays of Wolverine's stopping power include one shotting Arkon, KOing Rogue with punches, hurting Warpath in h2h, knocking Domina into a TKO, and staggering Hulk with an Adamantium headbutt all of which can be found in the brick fights section of this thread.

THE SUPERJUMP:
Over the years Wolverine has shown an odd capability to jump to a ridiculous degree that's so impressive it could be considered another superpower.. lol.

Wolverine does a straight 40 foot vertial into the air to nail the head off of a sentinal sized robot:
1.http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6810/verticalyz9.jpg
Then he does is again:
2. http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/...ertical2rz5.jpg

Leaps up to a sentinals head:
1. http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...inaljumpog2.jpg

Jumps 20-30 feet into the air to spear Junzo off of a flying dragon:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...istjuno5ws0.jpg
2. http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/...istjuno6im9.jpg

Wolverine jumpin around to the top of sentinels heads again:
1. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...inalleapsy7.jpg

This time he only jumps half the height of the sentinal but that's still an impressive 20 foot vert:
1. http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3157/jump2xr7.jpg
2. http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/...naljump2xe1.jpg

Does a superjump to nail a flying badguy out of the air.
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...uperjumphg5.jpg

Wolverine jumps to the top of a massively oversized T-Rex's head:
1. http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1236/trexjumpfx7.jpg
..... and incase there was any doubt:
2. http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/...rexjump2yp6.jpg

Wolverine leaps to the top of a Gigantisaurus’ head from quite some distance away:
1. http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/...urusjumpgg4.jpg

(*repeat*) Jumps 25-30 some odd feet straight into the air during an intense barfight:
1. http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/...arfight5qc0.jpg
2. http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2699/barfight6bl0.jpg

(*repeat*) Does a nice jump to get up to the top of an apache hellicopter hovering above him:
1. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2130/kickass8xd9.jpg
2. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9580/kickass9zm1.jpg

(Srank)Feral Wolverine jumps over a massive gorge without even a running start.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...03SuperJump.jpg
(Srank) Wolverine leaps out of his train compartment and attacks a giant robot. The jump is a good 20 feet straight up.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...705Strength.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...706Strength.jpg

Wolverine jumps ridiculously high to attack an airborne opponent and shows he is more agile then the looks.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...ake_DCP_012.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...ake_DCP_013.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:34 PM
jinzin

SECTION 7 - FEATS OF WOLVERINE'S PAIN TOLERANCE AND HEALING FACTOR:

RANDOM FEATS
(CLASSIC)
(Srank)Uncanny X-Men 108:
Wolverine gets one shotted into space and survives the experience... pretty impressive for a guy who wouldn’t have a healing factor for another 30 issues.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...4Durability.jpg

Wolverine gets bit by Dracula and recovers from the bite a minute later, even takes a full on Colossus punch into a girder without going down:
1. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7973/bitehs0.jpg
2. http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8826/bite2ja7.jpg
3. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7104/bite3jj5.jpg

Wolverine completely no-sells Archangel's wing darts and then proceeds to kick some demon ass:
1. http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/...elswingsuw3.jpg

Wolverine gets his heart ripped out by Horde; after a drop of blood touches the crystal his mutant healing factor gets a power boost and regenerates him skeleon and all:
1. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/...looddropuc9.jpg
2. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/...ooddrop2xb3.jpg

Captain America has to bash away on Wolverine's forearms to help drive his claws through a robots joints; Cap assesses that Wolverine must be
in immense pain but that he remains motionless nonetheless:
1. http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...apstrainzv0.jpg

(Srank) Wolverine gets smoked by a truck. He is fine... but he apparently damaged the truck enough for it to be undriveable.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...1Durability.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...2Durability.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...3Durability.jpg

(Srank)Wolverine takes some pretty brutal damage, After having fought Brood drones, Wolverine had just sit and take punishment from Rogue, and Psylocke who was attacking him telepathically, and he was resisting the hypnotic suggestion of the Brood as well. After attacking their leader Wolverine upsets the mind controlled Rogue enough that he fins himself getting thrown so hard that he hits the ground with the force of meteorite and he doesn’t even lose consciousness... and he is fighting off a Brood infection at the same time! Wowzah!
1.http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...6Durability.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...8Durability.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...7Durability.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...8Durability.jpg
6. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...0Durability.jpg

Wolverine has his throat ripped out and is then tossed into a river. An hour passes by and we're treated to a STRONG suggestion that Wolverine can't be drowned to death.
1. http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7421/nodrownuo5.jpg

Wolverine’s healing factor rejects him from turning werewolf:
1. http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...wolfbitevq0.jpg

(BONE CLAW)
Very shortly after he's had his Adamantium taken out of him Wolverine gets hit and dragged under a car nearly killing him and breaking many bones in his body; He's back up and nearly fully healed immediately after:
1. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4052/bonehfrl4.jpg
2. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1093/bonehf2xv7.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine gets the Vulcan nerve pinch from Spock; It puts him down... for a whopping seven seconds.
1. http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4452/spockma2.png
2. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/451/spcok2kj8.png

Wolverine ingests enough blowfish toxen to supposedly kill 20 men, he remains unphased:
1. http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/...ishtoxinww8.jpg

Bone-Claw Wolverine gets crushed between two cars, he manages to then semi-dodge a bullet, take another clip to the torso, and STILL beat the badguy, THEN he uses his arms alone to push one of the cars off of him.
1. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1378/carcrushvc9.jpg
2. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...arcrush2ui5.jpg
3. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/...arcrush3ei2.jpg
4. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/...arcrush4eq0.jpg
5. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/103/carcrush5fd5.jpg

A bone clawed Wolverine endures a seemingly endless amount of punishment from roughouse and is still concious and in one piece:
1. http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/...oughousetc0.jpg
2. http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/...ughouse2zi0.jpg

Massively pissed off and going after Viper, Logan gets stopped by Rogue who uses her power of touch, even that isn't enough to take Logan down after a prolonged stay:
1. http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/...esspwrs2yg8.jpg
2. http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/...uespowrsnl4.jpg

(MODERN)
(*repeat*)Rogues body starts taking on the physical characteristics of verious people she's toched throughout the years. She formulates Wolverine's claws and tells him that it's the worst pain she's ever felt; We find that Wolverine ALWAYS has to endure unbelievable pain with his claws and his HF is always working on the cuts they make inside his arms as a result of them being sheathed.
1. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/...lawshurthp7.jpg
2. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/...awshurt2cr6.jpg

Even without a healing factor and inhibited by admantium posioning, Wolverine continues to struggle after being cattle prodded with enough volts to aledgedly put down an elepthant; actually it says a whole heard:
1. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5641/shockhl0.jpg
2. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8854/shock2qr3.jpg

We aren't given to much info or context on how Wolverine ended up like this, but Wolverine explains his methods for dealing with pain while his healing factor tried to patch him up; He displays fairly impressive of both the human anatomy and psycology:
1. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4396/pain11wvep6.gif
2. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2420/pain20hizh0.gif
3. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5263/pain31teai3.gif
4. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7796/pain48syqv0.gif
5. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8691/pain54hstn5.gif
6. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/396/pain60voqh2.gif
7. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/pain78sikz7.gif
8. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5428/pain87noow5.gif
9. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2854/pain96igsp9.gif
10. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...ain105hfib7.gif
11. http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/...ain118iijg1.gif

(*repeat*)Wolverine walks around, and kicks ass in gas potent enough to instantly KO a normal man without so much as a complaint:
1. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6196/teargasml5.jpg

Wolverine has his heart exploded; he heals in three panels and is getting back up again.
1. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9637/7d8c86d6sn4.jpg
2. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3346/f12a12eeyf7.jpg

Wolverine gets all of his memories back and knows something's skewed in this new reality that the Scarlett Witch cooked up, so he takes a dive off of a HOM hellicarrier; He hits his landing hard, but is still concious and able to pull himself up.
1. http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...rierjumpkc7.jpg
2. http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...ierjump2px7.jpg
3. http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/...ierjump4er5.jpg

(*repeat*) Wolverine has been thrown out of a skyscraper by Spiderman through unbreakable glass atop a skyscraper, he gets back up to Tony's suite and this is his reaction lol:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...dowthrowtt1.png

Wolverine takes a swan dive out of a SHIELD hellicarrier; We don't see the result (it's suggested that it effectively killed him) but he heals and is gone before SHIELD even able to go extract the body.
1. http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/...47016hx1va9.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:37 PM
jinzin

The Russian Government has Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler in custody and they want information. So what's their plan? Torture Wolverine of course! Bad idea. Wolverine shows why he is the best there is at what he does, take unimaginable amounts of damage/pain, then kick ass in equal measures. An excellent display of Wolverine's durability and combat skills.
"I'm guessin yer gonna run now."
Classic.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-08.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-09.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-10.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-11.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-12.jpg
6. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-13.jpg
7. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-14.jpg
8. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-15.jpg
9. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-16.jpg
10. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-17.jpg
11. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-19.jpg
12. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...498Large-20.jpg

EVISCERATION AND PENETRATION:
(CLASSIC)
Wolverine calmly stands about as a spear has been plunged into his stomach:
1. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...chstabbyqk9.jpg

Wolverine gets hit from behind by a full speed stealth bomber; Wolverine gets up immediately and starts fighting with Albert who starts stabbing and gutting Wolverine. When Elsie Dee stops the fight Wolverine stands there and shruggs it all off like nothing happened:
1. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...verine68ki1.jpg
2. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/...verine69ht9.jpg
3. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/...verine70qh0.jpg
4. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6209/albertuj8.jpg
5. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1443/albert2ic2.jpg

Wolverine gets stabbed in the side by a knife weilding thug; It doesn't even make him shrugg.
1. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3766/pknifept3.jpg

(BONE CLAW)
Wolverine discusses how he and Sabretooth trade wounds that would have killed over a dozen other men:
1. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8356/death0lt1.jpg

(MODERN)
Wolverine gets an alien fist put through his stomach and gets infected with the brood; He gets up immediately and starts killing them (off panel).
1. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7656/brood2xs8.jpg
2. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/378/brood3ic2.jpg

Wolverine having been shot through the head with an arrow is trying to run down a baddy while repairing himself; he displays a nice grasp of anatomy again:
1. http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8646/arrow2hf8.jpg
2. http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3013/arrow4gf2.jpg

Wolverine gets his head blasted by a suped up baron strucker's power glove then gets tossed off a building; Swordsman II goes to save Wolverine by stabbing a sword through him. lol. Wolverine stands there and unflinchingly pulls it out:
1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...mencatchzw9.jpg
2. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...encatch2to9.jpg
3. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/...encatch3ci4.jpg

Wolverine has a sword plunged into his neck curtousy of The Gorgon; Not only is he still concious, but he's still talking, and as soon as the sword is pryed out he's on his feet at a full sprint to go back and fight Gorgon:
1. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7180/swordpryle5.jpg
2. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/...wordpry2ji3.jpg

X-23 slices Wolverine's throat open; Not only does Logan not fall down, but then he proceeds to bat her aside and starts talking as soon as she hits the ground.
1. http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9162/x236uo5.png

Wolverine bats blade away after being stabbed through the torso with a sword:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5559/blade2gr2.jpg

ELECTROCUTION FEATS:
(CLASSIC)
Wolverine has to resort to electricuting himself in order to drop a large brute vampire:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...mpbrute5fy7.jpg

(BONE CLAW)
Wolverine takes a full-on lightning bolt from storm; He treats it like it just annoys him:
1. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/...tormboltar0.jpg

Wolverine orders storm to blast an uber-brood with lightning, Bishop channels it and Wolverine continues to press his attack while being electricuted; At first I wasn't sure if that's what was happening but.. it's all in the hair folks..
1. http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...ightningqk8.jpg

(MODERN)
(non-616) Wolverine takes Spiderman's kick, Cap's shield, and storms lighting at the same time but he's fine afterwards; Later Storm nails him with lightning again; He just yells at her:
1. http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9632/mma1ol7.jpg
2. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4783/mma2al6.jpg
3. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8706/mma3ys8.jpg
4. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/332/mma4gf5.jpg

Swordsmen uses his lightning additions to his sword to try and stop Wolverine; It doesn't work:
1. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...ordsmen3co6.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:38 PM
jinzin

FIRE , BLAST, AND EXPLOSIVE FEATS:
(CLASSIC)
(Srank) Wolverine gets blasted by an angry Phoenix
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...4Durability.jpg

Wolverine takes two consecutive blasts from Firelord and stays conscious:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...ordblastfu1.jpg

(Srank) Wolverine is blasted by some of Doom’s robots. His clothes are incinerated but Wolverine himself is no worse for wear.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...1Durability.jpg

(Srank)Wolverine wades through the onslaught of Storm and her fake Mjolnir taking a significant amount of damage before he goes down.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...9Durability.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...0Durability.jpg

Wolverine pulls a terminator walking through an inferno completely undesturbed:
1. http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/...hinfernopn9.jpg

Wolverine runs into an inferno to pull Elsie Dee out of a burning building; we catch a good glimpse of how fast he can even grow hair back:
1. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...forelsiezw0.jpg
2. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...orelsie2sg4.jpg
3. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...orelsie3ja2.jpg

Wolverine remains consious from an explosion that successfully knocks Doc Samson out cold:
1. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/...ollowup2ct2.jpg

(BONE CLAW)
Wolverine throws himself into a burning building to save a small kid, he suffers some pretty serious burns but just asks to be hosed off by the firemen there so he can go in and do it again:
1. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/...neonfireit7.jpg
2. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/...eonfire1bs7.jpg
3. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/...eonfire2jx3.jpg

(MODERN)
Wolverine gets shot by Punisher with a rocket launcher, the rocket hits dead on; Logan's a skeleton from his torso to his thighs, he's still concious.
1. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6300/rocketnu2.jpg
2. http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3319/rocket2zp5.jpg
(S-rank) Even suffering from Adamantium poisoning with a barely working healing factor Wolverine can still take a tremendous amount of damage. He shrugs off Sinister’s best shots and then has massive explosion set of right in his face, and is up an about a few seconds later with his hair already grown back.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...7Durability.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...4Durability.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...5Durability.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...6Durability.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...7Durability.jpg
6. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...8Durability.jpg
7. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...9Durability.jpg
8. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...2Durability.jpg

(Srank)Wolverine walks around as a burning mess as he is shot at, like everything is normal... his pain threshold is clearly off the charts. The look on his burnt face, the crazy smile is priceless. Of course he is completely healed when we see him again a few pages later; like nothing ever happened. (oddly enough this is NOT Ulitmate universe either despite the uni)
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...2Durability.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...3Durability.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...5Durability.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...6Durability.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...5Durability.jpg

Wolverine and Jean Grey are aboard a space craft that was sent towards the sun by a Zorn; Wolverine stands there, his healing factor
attempting to heal while being incinerated, talking while the Phoenix holds his form together
1. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4712/sundf4.jpg
2. http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2840/jeaniehf2rr2.jpg
3. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6836/sun3ck9.jpg
4. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4468/sun4yw0.jpg
5. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6199/sun5ze6.jpg
6. http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/...eaniehf6jm5.jpg
(Srank) Wolverine is at the center of a large explosion but isn’t even knocked unconscious.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...3Durability.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...4Durability.jpg

Wolverine weathers an explosion that knocks Rogue unconscious:
1. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...ionroguehi8.jpg
2. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...onrogue1ju3.jpg
3. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...onrogue2fu6.jpg

Cassandra Nova and Logan face off; She desintigrates his arm but he just continues fighting regrowing it very quickly as he does so:
1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7971/nova1zh2.jpg
2. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1710/nova2bb2.jpg
3. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7235/nova3ca4.jpg
4. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6083/nova4we6.jpg

Wolverine gets blasted by a plasma weapon that reduces him to an admantium skeleton, the next panel he's shown in he's already covered in flesh, and after a few more short minutes he's nearly fully healed:
1. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9547/thesuitwf0.jpg
2. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4983/thesuit2kp9.jpg
3. http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1226/thesuit3jb9.jpg

Almost immediately after that he gets nuked at ground zero; He heals a few hours later and his reaction is priceless:
1. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4433/89935364mk5.png
2. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4074/n2cv4.png
3. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2495/n3xw2.png
4. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5007/n4hp0.png
5. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4788/n5oj4.png
6. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9495/n6of1.png

(*repeat*)Wolverine attacks an apache helicopter head on, whethers the explosion and walks out of the inferno like it's nothing:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...e1616wb6la1.jpg
2. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...e1617zl9wj2.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:39 PM
jinzin

Wolverine takes on an entire society of living machines then proceeds to destroy the core of their society; He loses his arm as an energy blast totally incinerates it. But, in an amazing display of self control and pain tolerance, he still uses it as a weapon to put into the core. He suceeds, but the resulting explosion has the explosive force of a virtual nuke. Wolverine walks out of it:
1. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/...fight29cjf8.jpg
2. http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/...fight29dpq8.jpg
3. http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/...fight29eci9.jpg
4. http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/...fight29frk1.jpg
5. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/...fight29ggl5.jpg
6. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/...fight29hkp1.jpg

Wolverine having been once again incinerated into an Adamantium skeleton (once his healing factor starts up) heals nearly completely by the time Nitro has finished a short phone conversation.
1. http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5435/skeleto4hr6.jpg
2. http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9862/skeleto5ny4.jpg
3. http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5373/skeleto6xb0.jpg
4. http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4930/skeleto7or2.jpg
5. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6636/skeleto8fu0.jpg

Wolverine and Sabretooth having already had a knock down drag out brawl start going at it again in the blackbird. They crash, the thing explodes, and they come out the inferno conscious and continuing their ferocious fight; Wolverine's practically a walking skeleton but he's still whippin ass:
1. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/...nofight3sb1.jpg
2. http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/...nofight4ga6.jpg
3. http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/...nofight5kl9.jpg
4. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/...nofight6qy3.jpg
5. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/...ofight6bxw5.jpg
6. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...nofight8qr3.jpg
7. http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/...nofight9no1.jpg

RANDOM BULLET FEATS:
(CLASSIC)
Wolverine takes “a hail of bullets” from Hydra agents well before his weapon X days and shows no ill effects:
1. http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/...negufirehc0.jpg
2. http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/...egufire2ul4.jpg

Wolverine takes multiple bullets while just walking forward into them unflinching:
1. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3325/bullets9mg0.jpg

Wolverine has a badass moment taking bullets without flinching at them:
1. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1600/badassyj7.jpg
2. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7431/badass2ry8.jpg
3. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8061/badass3sc4.jpg

Wolverine walks forward noncholantly while an attacker shoots directly at him:
1. http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1987/gunfirela0.jpg

Wolverine walks head on while shot in the head again:
1. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...otheheadep0.jpg

Wolverine takes machine gun fire, and then immediately starts tearing up Vamps left and right:
1. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1482/vampgunswr8.jpg
2. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...ampguns2mu3.jpg

Wolverine has to fight a whole town full of werewolves for some undeterminable amount of time: Moonhunter comes out and it takes 4 double berral shot gun blasts at point blank to put Wolverine down:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...buckshotlc2.jpg
2. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/...uckshot2pf7.jpg

(BONE CLAW)
N/A

(MODERN)
Wolverine is shot in the skull, he just gets pissed off:
1. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3176/bullets7ev5.jpg

Wolverine nonchalantly takes bullets with a smile:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4246/bulletsej3.jpg

Wolverine runs headlong into automatic gunfire taking bullets all over, but he isn't discouraged in the least:
1. http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/...enothingkc8.jpg
2. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/...enothingxd5.jpg
3. http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...enothingpx8.jpg

Wolverine jumps head on into automatic gunfire unyeilding:
1. http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/...llettakefz6.jpg

(*repeat*)Wolverine momentarily goes down to hundreds of bullets. After he gets angry, his adrenaline kicks up, and his HF speeds up with the adrenaline. The result? He's up and dicing away like nothin:
1. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8659/hailzv9.jpg
2. http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9150/hail2qt2.jpg
3. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9175/hail3sf2.jpg
4. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5262/hail4aw9.jpg

Wolverine gets shot repeatidly by Crossbones; He shruggs it off and is immediately in CB's face:
1. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/...ossboneslz7.jpg
2. http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/...ssbones3ss6.jpg

*Attention there are many incredible displays of Wolverine's healing factor throughout the various and many fights of his career; most noteable incidents to check in the respect thread are either in brick fights, almost every thug fight and some of the group fights.*

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:40 PM
jinzin

SECTION 8 - WOLVERINE VS. TELEPATHS and MIND CONTROL:

Wolverine no sells Mesmero's telepathic control:
1. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...elepathsnd8.jpg
2. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7501/mesmerozk9.jpg

Wolverine blitzes a Brood Queen infested Xavier with his mental powers before she can defend herself from his attack… Though, she does catch him with a psy-bolt on his descent:
1. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...ierbroodkb0.jpg
2. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...erbrood2qs0.jpg
3. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...erbrood3pu0.jpg
4. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...erbrood4ep4.jpg

Wolverine fights off the mental suggestions of a Shiar Imperial Guard-member while physically confronting multiple others:
1. http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/...ndblast2ih4.jpg

Wolverine wades through the telepathic assault of a robotic Jean Grey.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...10009Mental.jpg

Wolverine simultaneaously breaks free of Mojo's mind control while fending off Karma's telepathic possession abilities...Bad. Ass:
1. http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1447/karmaef3.jpg
2. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3153/karma2hy2.jpg

Psylocke tries to telepathically subdue Wolverine as Rogue beats him and the Brood attempts to infest him and control him, it’s a failed attempt:
1. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...psylockegc3.jpg

(Srank) Psylocke is assaulted telepathic, experiencing the same pain as Storm due to a psychic link. Wolverine leaps to her air craft in order tp take control and avoid a crash. Wolverine becomes connected to the psychic link by proximity, Psylocke is screaming, clutching her head and having a fit... Wolverine nonchalantly says “Yeah, its agony...” and lands the air craft like nothing is wrong... and this was a severely weakened Wolverine.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...27114Mental.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...27115Mental.jpg

Wolverine’s Adamantium skeleton also helps resist against some forms of mind swapping as shown with Proteus:
1. http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5991/proteus1sq9.jpg
2. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5913/proteus2kt2.jpg

(Srank) Psylocke (Lady Mandarin) attempts to brain wash Wolverine, but even in his weakened state (mentally and physically) he proves too resistant for her telepathy, even managing to temporarily plague her with his own hallucinations and break the Mandarin’s hold on Psylocke... Wolverine also pulls one over on the Mandarin and has him dead to rights but lets him live, trading his life for Psylockes.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25803Mental.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25804Mental.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25805Mental.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25806Mental.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25807Mental.jpg
6. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25814Mental.jpg
7. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25815Mental.jpg
8. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25816Mental.jpg
9. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25817Mental.jpg
10. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25818Mental.jpg
11. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25819Mental.jpg
12. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25820Mental.jpg
13. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25821Mental.jpg
14. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25822Mental.jpg
15. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...25823Mental.jpg

Even for a thousands years old demon who has come back from death and the pits of hell, the horrors in Wolverine's mind are so horrible that Ogun can't sustain his demonic hold over Logan.
1. http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9951/mindogunfp5.jpg

Wolverine's body and mind can move as one thus nullifing the advantage of telepathy:
1. http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/...ngskillstk9.jpg

Wolverine’s thoughts are resistant to Elektra’s attempts at telepathic penetration:
1. http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/...delektraba0.jpg

(*repeat*)Wolverine fights the telepathic Brass who has blended his scent with that of the room, all Wolverine has to go off of is his ability to barely hear Brass’s breathing as he's in a pitch black room, it’s enough:
Brass being trained and telepathic:
1. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1364/brassfq0.jpg
The fight:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...arsninjaub0.jpg
2. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...rsninja2ke7.jpg
3. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/...rsninja3xf5.jpg
4. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1074/tepninnl8.jpg

Wolverine tears the telepathic martial artist Blood Shadow apart till he's just a red smear in the ground:
1. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...odshadowzi6.jpg
2. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...dshadow2fe7.jpg

Wolverine fights the superhuman tech enhanced telepath rapture; He shows her that he doesn't need to think to fight:
1. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...elepath1pb9.jpg
2. http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/...elepath2ow2.jpg
3. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/...elepath3au5.jpg

Wolverine dissassembles rapture again:
1. http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/...hraptureyv2.jpg
2. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...rapture2ae0.jpg
3. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/...rapture3wx0.jpg
4. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...rapture4yp6.jpg
5. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/...rapture5lj4.jpg

Not knowing what Mr. x is still, X tells Wolverine what kind of sick and twisted stuff gets him off, Wolvie looses it and fighting ability, telepathy nor a veriable arsenal can stop him from kicking X's ass; This is also a serious desplay of damge soak on Wolverine's part; It takes an Ogun possessed body guard to finally put him down.
1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/581/mrx1by3.jpg
2. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3051/mrx2xh9.jpg
3. http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4609/mrx3ba0.jpg
4. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4813/mrx4pd5.jpg
5. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6316/mrx5pk8.jpg
6. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6347/mrx6px3.jpg
7. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/999/x2ag9.jpg

Logan's having a hell of a time dealing with Mr. X.... until he figures out that X is telepathic; After he does, he no-sells X's telepathy and his skills with it.
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6666/mrxbdn8.jpg
2. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/539/mrxb2vf0.jpg
3. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7527/mrxb3ap6.jpg
4. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8184/mrxb4xf5.jpg
5. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8659/mrxb5yt3.jpg
6. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4995/mrxb6bf3.jpg
7. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7442/mrxb7pd1.jpg

Phoenix fails to subdue Wolverine telepathically... It's even suggested here that in terms of sheer willpower Wolverine is Jeans superior.
1. http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/...illpowerta9.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:41 PM
jinzin

SECTION 9 - MISCILANEOUS WOLVERINE POWERS/ABILITIES:

AGILITY:

During a high speed car chase Wolverine displays a fairly impressive amount of agility, noncholontely flipping from one car to the next with ease:
1. http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/...ecarjumpqk0.jpg
2. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/...carjump2ph4.jpg
3. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/...carjump3nh6.jpg
4. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/...carjump4se2.jpg

Storm comments on how impressive Wolverine's agility is as he evades Gambits explosions:
1. http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4825/agilitydm5.jpg

Wolverine effortlessly bounces through attacking ninjas without so much as being touched.
1. http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/...jabounceec6.jpg

Wolverine shows a decent display of skill and agility against some ninjas:
1. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...injaflipfw2.jpg

Wolverine uses enough agility to fool hydra agents into thinking he's actually beast:
1. http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/...eisbeastlf2.jpg
2. http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/...isbeast2qq0.jpg

BONE CLAWS:

Wolverine puts his bone claws clean through the windshield of a hellicopter:
1. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...ingglassgp6.jpg

Wolverine can put his bone claws into solid rock without much effort:
1. http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/...wsvsrockvd2.jpg
2.http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/...svsrock2xp2.jpg

Plunges his bone claws through a Prime Sentinal: These things have enough durability to stand up to Colosus shots.
1. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...sentinalto8.jpg

A bone clawed Wolverine infuriated into a bersker rage is capible of cutting through ONSLAUGHTS TK shielding.
1. http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/...htsheildhd7.jpg

Wolverine easily cuts through a wooden pole with his bone claws:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...oughwoodvo1.jpg

Wolverine's fully capible of putting his bone claws straight through a steel door and then shredding it with them:
1. http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...svsmetaljw9.jpg

THE THUNDERCLAP:

The Thing tries a thunderclap to stop a violent misunderstanding: Every one seems to be effected BUT Wolverine.
1. http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/...nderclapru4.jpg
2. http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/...derclap2rt7.jpg

To my knowledge this is the most that Wolverine's ever been affected by a thunderclap: As you can see the results that Hulk got were.. less than pleasant.
1.http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/...ouscirclce5.jpg
2. http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...ouscircljw2.jpg

The Hulk thunderclaps with explosive force: In the very next panel Wolverine's in his face.
1. http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3904/00021515yh1.jpg
2. http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/...nderclapml2.jpg

Savage Hulk does a thunderclap right next to Wolverine. The boom is so strong it makes a crater: He's not bothered by it whatsoever.
1. http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/...nderclapyd9.jpg

RANDOM WOLVERINE FEATS OF STEALTH:
Wolverine dissappears infront of his assailants; vanishing into the darkness to attack them from elsewhere:
1. http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8144/16sm9iu7.jpg
2. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1774/17mv6pp4.jpg

(Srank) The power goes out in the Hellfire Club and Cyclops is on his guard, ready for anyone who would attack him the dark... but Wolverine gets the drop on him with his trademarked – stealth up on someone and light a match– routine.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n13411Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n13412Skill.jpg
(Srank) Wolverine surrenders to Alpha Flight and is taken into custody by the Canadian Military... which he promptly escapes from, and gets back on the X-Wing with Alpha Flight, the Canadian Arm or the X-Men having any idea.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n12116Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n12117Skill.jpg

Wolverine using stealth to confuse an opponent:
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...SerpentSoci.jpg

(Srank) Wolverine sneaks up on Carol Danvers, she says she didn’t hear him coming, he says no one ever does.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n15406Skill.jpg
Wolverine sneaks his way into the Yashida compound and Mariko’s bed room. Wolverine previously commented that the Yashida compound had more armed guards then Fort Knox.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n17605Skill.jpg

Wolverine virtually vanishes, five feet in front of Nightcrawler... In broad daylight beating him in another training excercise.
1. http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/...ssapearsak5.jpg
2. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/...sapears2bf2.jpg

Wolverine sneaks up on Storm:
1. http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2/733yg8.jpg

Wolverine sneaks up on a deer; SUCCESSFULLY:
1. http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/...eersneakyy8.jpg

Wolverine snuck halfway into the Baxter Building; Invisible Woman was baffled that he got that far:
1. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/...rbuildinyi1.jpg

Wolverine is described as capable of moving through a forest without making a sound:
1. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2593/woodssneakxz1.jpg

Wolverine somehow cuts a giant whole into the roof of a van and breaks in without the thugs inside noticing.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n34016Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n34017Skill.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:42 PM
jinzin

RANDOM FEATS OF WOLVERINE'S SKILL:
Wolverine cuts a man’s tie in half without damaging the shirt underneath. An excellent display of skill and the control he has with his claws.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...-Men06Skill.jpg
Cyclops assesses that Kitty must have learned that move from Wolverine: Uncanny X-Men 175
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n17518Skill.jpg

Wolverine blocks Riptides projectiles with his claws, an impressive showing for a weakened Wolverine.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n21111Skill.jpg

Wolverine fights some Brood (and praises them on their combat skills), then displays an amazing degree of accuracy and control as he cuts Storm out of a skin tight net that holds her with a single swipe of his claws... again.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n15517Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n15518Skill.jpg

Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler get into it with a bunch of cannon fodder nobodies. In spite of the fact that he is fighting a bunch of losers, Wolverine still shows an impressive amount of coordination as he lays into them with a smile on his face.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n49617Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n49618Skill.jpg

Wolverine destroys two incoming ninja while dancing and doesn't even drop his date:
1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4285/0e6ad358al0.jpg

Storm’s narrative reveals that she has been trained in hand to hand combat by Wolverine: Uncanny X-men 180
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n18015Skill.jpg

Wolverine teaches Storm how to fire a hand gun: Uncanny X-Men 187
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n18713Skill.jpg

(Srank) Wolverine shows his skills and accuracy as he stabs a quarter with his middle claw without even looking.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...199913Skill.jpg
Wolverine breaks into the Danger Room while Dazzler is training. He effortlessly avoids the dangers... he even uses the lasers firing at him to light his cigar.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n22803Skill.jpg

Wolverine comes to the Punisher's rescue but the villains have taken off in a helicopter... no worries, Wolverine knocks the helicopter out of the air by throwing a wretch at it!
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...arZone19-10.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...arZone19-11.jpg

Wolverine displays some of his hand to hand skills, taking down and disarming a group of thugs with his bare hands. There is also a nice display of strength here as Wolverine swings around a full grown man with on hand like he is a pillow.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...arZone19-12.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...arZone19-13.jpg

A severely weakened Wolverine (the guy has one foot in deaths door... and will for years) demolishes three of Pierce’s robotic hounds.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n25221Skill.jpg
Cyclops describes Deathverine as a “living, breathing, killing machine, more a force of nature than a man.”
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n27507Skill.jpg
(Srank) Wolverine manages to stay air borne, using the flight capabilities of his opponent for three pages before she manages to shake him off.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...001-02Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36003Skill.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36004Skill.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36005Skill.jpg

Wolverine shows his pinpoint accuracy with his claws - catching a grenade on the tip of his claw by stabbing it into the grenade's pinhole.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...rtooth3pg14.jpg

(Srank) Wolverine is constantly training, he eve uses the Danger Room to simulate the assassination of Magneto... and hell, he even manages to kill him a few times.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36801Skill.jpg
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36802Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36803Skill.jpg
3. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...804-05Skill.jpg
4. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36806Skill.jpg
5. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36813Skill.jpg
6. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36817Skill.jpg
7. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36819Skill.jpg

(Srank)Professor X hitches a ride in Wolverine’s mind when the X-Men are transported to another plan of existence. Xavier is amazed how Wolverine operates, his “muscles and mind working in perfect harmony... [his] senses picking up every sight, every sound.” The bombardment of Wolverine’s senses and the strain on his body of having Xavier in his head is stated to be beyond the level of human endurance... so it is doubtful Wolverine was even performing at 100% efficiency and yet Xavier was still amazed.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36905Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n36908Skill.jpg

Wolverine – who is trying to recover from some nanites that shut down his healing factor – throws down with some heavily armed soldiers. There seems to be significant collateral damage in the surrounding area, but Wolverine didn’t get a scratch.
1. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n45321Skill.jpg
2. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...n45408Skill.jpg

Wolvie puts a large man in a standing Kamora while simultaneously kicking his friend’s asses:
1. http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/135/09ff2qb7.jpg
2. http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8895/10ii5jn0.jpg

Wolverine threatens to use a nerve pinch on Rogue before she takes off from the fight:
1. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...repointshx5.jpg

Wolverine KO’s Storm with a nerve pinch:
1. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...hesstormpq6.jpg

Wolverine's got the skill to nail three bullseyes with darts without looking; He then stack-bullseyes them:
1. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3265/bullseyeni4.jpg
2. http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/...ullseye2yq1.jpg

Wolverine deals with Tess the robot, making use of his skill and actually produces damage against it; Where as Cap got tossed around:
1. http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2182/caprobotew6.jpg
2. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...aprobot3fu3.jpg
3. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/...aprobot4xa8.jpg

Wolverine has to come in to save Cap from the Hand ninja:
1. http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1248/capsaveqv8.jpg
2. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7774/capsave2me4.jpg
3. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7628/capsave3ur2.jpg
4. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4320/capsave4du7.jpg

Wolverine IS Captain America: Just give the man a trash can lid and see what he can do.
1. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...vieiscapgp1.jpg
2. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...ieiscap2us7.jpg
3. http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/...ieiscap3ri1.jpg

Wolverine shows a nice little display of skill against the overwheling numbers of the Collective Man:
1. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/...ctivemanqt7.jpg
2. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...tiveman2op8.jpg

Wolverine easily manhandles Crusher Creel and ex-heavyweight boxing champion:
1. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6324/creelhb9.jpg

Wolverine's fighting ability is accredited by Mr. X's personal soldiers:
1. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...gabilityra6.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:43 PM
jinzin

Wolverine's fighting skill is accredited by Jubilee as she watches him in a short bout with Yukio
1. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...ability2sz5.jpg

Wolverine shows some nice fighting prowess as he hits three ninja simultaneously:
1. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...illninjalo9.jpg

Wolverine uses his skill to block one man's lunging punch and use it against his comrade:
1. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...gskills1cn3.jpg

Wolverine nonchalantly uses a Chin-na hold to toss a large man through a wall:
1. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5875/bigmanpc0.jpg

Wolverine uses his fighting prowess to fight back against the hand:
1. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1590/page18ib2.jpg
2. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2100/page19bw4.jpg
3. http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2587/page20lb4.jpg

Wolverine without a healing factor and shackled with his arms behind his back takes on a few armed guards with his feet:
1. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4241/shackledyw1.jpg
2. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...hackled2mg8.jpg

Wolverine takes down an airplane with a sword throw using his left hand:
1. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/...wrdplanedz9.png
2. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...ordplanexj4.png
3. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/82...rdplane3nd8.png

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:44 PM
jinzin

SECTION 10 (FIGHTS) - STREET LEVELS AND MARTIAL ARTISTS:

===========
Black Panther
===========

Wolverine gets the jump on Black Panther; Thing's intervention helps Black Panther survive the encounter but in all fairness Wolverine had a surprise attack and a killing intent while BP didn't; Nice display on Wolverine's behalf tossing BP around though:
1. http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/...kpantherep4.jpg
2. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...panther2lb4.jpg
3. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...panther3gs4.jpg
4. http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/...panther4te6.jpg (lmao Wolverine actually addresses him as "blacky")

=====
Blade

=====

Wolverine layeth down the ownage upon Blade (AFTER having an admitted fight with Omega Red):
1. http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6048/blade1br9.jpg
2. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5559/blade2gr2.jpg
3. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5953/blade3jk6.jpg
4. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/995/blade4ev2.jpg
5. http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8589/blade5md8.jpg

=============
Captain America
=============

Their first fight only lasts a couple of panels, but Cap's already regretting making Logan angry:
1. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...rstfightoc3.jpg
2. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/...stfight2ty6.jpg

In their second fight Wolverine has the mind of a werewolf (which is less than impressive when you see that mind on display in caps thought boxes an issue or two later; he refers to his shield as "shiny thing") and is STILL capible of bring Cap down; cap supporters say this isn't a win, but if Cap was so prone to defend himself and raise his shield from Wolvie's claws, he sure didn't do a good job of defending himself from Moonhunters needle. no expression.... Anyways:
1. http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/...america1jc9.jpg
2. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...america2ni5.jpg
3. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/...america3xm3.jpg
4. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/...america4lf1.jpg
5. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...america5pz3.jpg

Wolverine incapacitates Cap's evil doppleganger during the Infinity War:
1. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...apdoubledu4.jpg
2. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...pdouble2hz2.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine outright KILLS the Captain during an alternate version of Inferno:
1. http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5905/killscapbr7.jpg

*ATTENTION* Their recent fight in Origins is located in the GROUP FIGHTS section.

=======
Conan
=======

(non 616) Wolverine makes short work of Conan while in a state of Berserker Rage; He once again shows how crafty he can be while in this state going after Conan's hand instead of his sword:
1. http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/449/conan1ng8.jpg
2. http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6457/conan2fc8.jpg

=========
Crossbones
=========

Not much of a fight, just Logan knocking out Crossbones with a single punch, something I've never seen Cap OR Redskull do:
1. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...ssbones4la2.jpg

=======
Daredevil
=======

Wolverine puts DD in a full nelson in only a few panels, even after DD blindsides him:
1. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...sents151hm4.jpg
2. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...sents151qe0.jpg

(non 616) Wolverine kills an enhanced snake mutated DD:
1. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...vilsnaketr8.jpg
2. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...ilsnake2cu6.jpg

I hadn’t previously realized that this is actually a fairly impressive feat for Wolverine so I hadn’t added this into the thread until very
recently. Anyway, Wolverine is brainwashed, his thoughts are not his completely his own, and what little control over his thoughts he does
retain is still shown to be in contrast with several conflicting influences. In spite of that AND the fact that he was trying to fight
his brain washing and conditioning and stop from bagging another mask Wolverine’s still able to kick DD hard enough to make him drop his
billyclubs and fight him into a corner delivering a nasty gash to DD’s solar plexus. DD manages to knock some of the brainwashing loose with a
dumbbell to the head and the jolt of mental freedom makes Wolverine lose his equilibrium causing him to stumble and trip onto a sword.
Still, he’s capable of nearly besting a top tier even without any of his own thoughts or skills to aid him. Some people claim that the Hand
had some influence in the fight, but by the time DD and Wolverine started actually getting into it, there were only two or three Hand
ninja left:
1. http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...dcontrolgy0.jpg
2. http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/...control2ys3.jpg
3. http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/...control4ii3.jpg
4. http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/...control5ts6.jpg
Wolverine mentioning his attempts to resist Hydra/Hand’s orders:
1. http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/...control6eu7.jpg

======
Elektra
======

Though argueably meta/superhuman Elektra's abilities have been honed through training, she has no super powers through gifts of science, magic, or mutation so I put her into street level: Bone-Clawed Wolverine in his feral state outmaneuvers Elektra into where HE wants her to go:
1. http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/...velektrazf8.jpg
2. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...elektra2cn0.jpg
3. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...elektra3sa6.jpg
4. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...elektra4hm3.jpg
5. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...elektra5rq4.jpg
6. http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/...elektra6lz5.jpg

=====
Junzo

=====

Here for the same reasons as Elektra; Junzo's badass enough to toss Iron Fist aside like a child twice, and powerful enough to KO Luke Cage with two blows; He even has control over the elements... Doesn't save him from the onslaught that is Wolverine though:
1. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...fistjunoga9.jpg
2. http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/...istjuno2fs5.jpg
3. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...istjuno3cj4.jpg
4. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...istjuno4ld5.jpg
5. http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/...istjuno5ll5.jpg
6. http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/...istjuno6im9.jpg
7. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...istjuno7db5.jpg
8. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...istjuno8nx0.jpg

========
Nick Fury
========

Fury brings a ton of toys to the fight and even recognizes that Wolverine's holding back against him.. Neither does him any good:
1. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9317/nickfuryxp0.jpg
2. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...ickfury2oq6.jpg
3. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...ickfury3ei1.jpg
4. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...ickfury4kl4.jpg
5. http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...cikfury5vf7.jpg
6. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/...ickfury6te9.jpg
7. http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...ickfury7ii8.jpg
8. http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/...ickfury8wd6.jpg
9. http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/710/nickfury9ox9.jpg
10. http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/...ckfury10mn0.jpg
11. http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/...ckfury11ee5.jpg

======
Matsuo
======

Wolverine easily dispatches Matsuo who has matched psylocke in the past in h2h combat:
1. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1822/matsuory1.jpg
2. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5241/matsuo2to3.jpg

=========
Moonknight
=========

(non 616) Wolverine kills Moonknight:
1. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...onknightzb0.jpg

=======
Nightman
=======

(616 canon surprisingly) Wolverine beats up on Nightman while standing up to his tasers:
1. http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6692/nightmansp1.jpg
2. http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/...ightman2et3.jpg
3. http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/...ightman3xi3.jpg
4. http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/...ightman4qh9.jpg
5. http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/...ightman5sf7.jpg
6. http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/...ightman6fs2.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:45 PM