KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)

Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)
Started by: jinzin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adnan117

I also forgot to mention one other strength feat. In the last issue of X-Men: Schism, Wolverine gets crushed under the sentinel's hand when it hits him. Moments later he breaks free using his claws. The metal was bent when he got out. He obviously used his strength to get out of this and further proves Logan has superhuman strength. Srankmissingnin posted the image in a prior post

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 03:47 AM
Adnan117 is currently offline Click here to Send Adnan117 a Private Message Find more posts by Adnan117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I would put Wolverines strength at 4 tons.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 11:52 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
confused WOW, just wow.

That's Jeph Loeb for ya.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 01:51 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 10:34 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spider Boy94

wow... Good job Jinzin

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 11:58 AM
Spider Boy94 is currently offline Click here to Send Spider Boy94 a Private Message Find more posts by Spider Boy94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SamZED
Wolverine vs Sabertooth, Skinless Man, Omega White and Omega Red (the new one)
Takes down the whole team all by himself. Including Sabertooth.

1) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/wolverine1.jpg/
2) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...olverine2m.jpg/
3) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/wolverine3.jpg/
4) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...wolverine4.jpg/
5) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...wolverine5.jpg/

Yeah, he really kicked ass in that issue...

4th link is broken, here are guy's scans:

And a little bonus from me... love it or hate it, Wolverine beats Lobo:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Klaws of the Panther #2

Wolverine and Shuri dodge Klaw's sonic blast.

(please log in to view the image)

Wolverine v3 #22

Logan avoids getting hit by a car thrown by Thing.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

First X-Men #3

Dodges a streetlamp tossed by enraged Namor.

Astonishing X-Men Giant-Size (reupload)

Cuts off Kruun's arm.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 05:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by jinzin
During Secret War we see that Wolverine took on a techno enhanced Constrictor and was kicking his ass; Later, during that same battle it becomes evident that Wolverine fought techno enhanced versions of Boomerang, Scorpion, and Shocker ALL AT THE SAME TIME; The next panel we see with Wolverine, the only one left standing is Boomerang, considering the outcome of the "war" I think it's safe to say he (Boomerang) lost:
1. http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/...strictoryx4.jpg
2. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...trictor2yi0.jpg

Coloured splash page from Secret War:

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 08:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Free Comic Book Day The Avengers (2009)

Luke Cage and Wolverine hurt Ymir with a fastball special (then Sentry attacks him in the next to last panel).

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 01:48 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Astonishing X-Men #23

Wolverine and Armor vs. Breakworlders.

A nice agility feat here; Logan evades energy beams, jumps behind the soldiers and stabs them while still being in midair.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

X-Men and Spider-Man #3

Full fight against Carnage, missed some panels when posted it the last time. They fought for some time off-panel, too. Sinister and the X-Men have been mostly edited out.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 09:00 PM
Adnan117

Hey guys,

Did you see the recent issue of the Avenging Spider-Man? They had a fight between the Superior Spider-man and Wolverine. Spider-man beat him and is clearly stronger than Logan, but this was written poorly I feel. I mean first off, Wolverine was holding back in this fight (no claws and he looked like he was pulling a punch too) and he is still shown to look like a chump compared to Spider-Ock. Still, he came back after being knocked out and gave Spidey a head lock with his claws out and wasn't knocked around like a chump again.

I just feel they mishandle Logan in comics. I thought the Uncanny X-Force handled Logan's character properly.

I hope this does not translate to The Wolverine movie. They got to focus more on his physical abilities and skills. He's got to be portrayed stronger (like superhuman) and skilled as well, to do the character more justice.

Anyway, sorry for the rant

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 12:12 AM
Adnan117 is currently offline Click here to Send Adnan117 a Private Message Find more posts by Adnan117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It was already discussed in a few versus threads.

Like I said in the other thread, Wolverine written by Yost has been KO'd by bullets bouncing off his skull. Bloodlusted Spidey knocking him out is not some amazing feat and it didn't last long anyway.

What are Otto's claws made of? Carbonadium? Just guessing, that could explain why it hurt Logan...

Marvel wants to sell the revamped Spidey/Otto, that's why he got a nice showing against Logan.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 01:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #5

Severely wounded Wolverine manages to save Beast from a Fury, killing it in one blow.

Secret Wars #6

Logan sneaks up on Molecule Man and seriously injures him (and knocks out)... with just a glancing blow.

Marvel Zombies #5 (alt. universe)

Originally posted by jinzin
=======
Doc Ock
=======

(non 616) See what i mean? He even only has one set of claws here!:
1. http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2296/dockockto0.jpg

Reupload. Zombie Logan has the Power Cosmic here, but he went h2h anyway and it's not clear who he blasted in the last panel, there were many villains.

Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine #1 (alt. universe)

He kills infected Octavius here, too.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 09:39 PM
Adnan117

Did you guys check out the new Wolverine series? The fifth series with Alan Davis as the artist? First issue was not too bad, but it had a few feats for ol Logan. A few healing one's and durability like the norm. I thought the writer even threw in a strength feat towards the end of the issue.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2013 09:42 PM
Trackz

What's the feeling about the wolverine "killable" arc. I know writers usually like to break their characters to build them back-up, but Cornell really did some damage to Wolverine here. I can't remember him at a lower point than at the end of the arc.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 07:43 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adnan117

I thought the "Killable" arc was okay. I was expecting something more grand, but it wasn't too bad. I kind of like the new direction they are taking this in. Like him training to make himself better and stronger. Him becoming a real villain may be a good direction for a while since all he has been through. Of course, it could all go bad and there is no progression. But, we'll see what happens.

Still curious though, with no healing factor, he shouldn't even be that much stronger physically. I figure if he lost his healing factor, his senses and superhuman physical abilities should be dramatically lowered if not gone. Anyway, just a thought

Old Post Feb 20th, 2014 01:48 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

X-Infernus #4

Wolverine cuts an Elder God. Ha.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 12:58 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Uncanny X-Men #107

Wolverine tanks Starbolt's blast like a champ, takes him out and more importantly - makes short work out of Fang, who is really kicking ass in Wolverines currently (and we're all still waiting for the slightest bit of explanation regarding his new power level).

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 01:59 PM
krisblaze

Early Uncanny X-Men Wolverine was the best one.

Nothing like this gary stue pussy we had going on the last 15 years.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 02:11 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

And a little bonus from me... love it or hate it, Wolverine beats Lobo:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Wasn't Lobo paid to take a dive in that fight?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 05:51 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote