KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)

Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)
Started by: jinzin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 76 77 [78] 79 80 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

DC tried to save face later, but what's done is done stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 10:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Uncanny Avengers Annual #1

Powerless Wolverine does really well against amped Ghost Rider (especially compared to how others fared vs. GR).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=98763

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 10:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Good job Stilt. Keep em coming.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 01:32 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanks, will do.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 07:03 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

A+X #1

After fighting off the DoFP version of himself, Wolverine tanks a hit from Maestro - gets up and fights in the next panel, like nothing happened.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 06:13 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Horseman Daken? No problem cool

From Uncanny Avengers #14 and #20. Thanks to Huey.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 11:13 PM
carver9

Good scans Stilt.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 03:01 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

The art is fukin amazing.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 10:44 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're referring to McNiven's art? Yeah, the guy is beyond awesome.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 05:43 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I've seen Ghost Rider tow Hulk against his will, subway trains, and bring down an entire Skyscraper etc

I am not involving my self in the wolverine's strength was amped debate, but GR never did that, he tried to but hulk tricked him by tying the chain to a subway train car, not an entire train. Vastly different from what you said. Only the skyscraper was as what you said and even then, it could be argued that's in part due to his hellfire motorcycle

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 09:59 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by carver9
Can you all please use imageshack for your scans? Photobucket is too small to see.

Then those scans gets swallowed up by shack. Atleast on photobucket they stay for a very long time, if not forever

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 10:28 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

no expression

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 01:17 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes, photobucket turned out to be much better...

Imageshack has been ruined. It is a pay site now.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 01:53 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Without the IF defeated most of the Wrecking Crew
You would be able to prove Cap is faster than him?

Now I am starting to feel sorry for Mungi. As far as I can remember he was
able to do nothing to the WC before using the IF. ANd by the way, few issues after Cap helped him take them down and he has taken them down solo as well. Rember him onehsotting Thunderball? I consider that massive PIS but whatever, WC job just as hard as Rhino or U-Foes

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:17 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Deadline
LOL cap has a HF? Wolverine has an unfair advantage.

You have no idea what happened in the origins fight. Logan had been fighting non-stop for several days without proper sleep, food, or rest. When Logan dropped Cap, due to these reasons his healing factor was barely working so that minor cuts were barely healing, not to mention the fight with Cap was immediately after taking on Nuke. Logan was exhausted while Cap was fresh as a daisy. Cap crushed Wolverine's tendons so that his claws don't pop out but Logan still dropped him by giving him an aneurysm in that fight by kicking a pressure point in Cap's leg. Logan had Cap dead to the rights there itself, and even before in the same fight Logan had dropped Cap with one slash. Both times, when Cap was down, despite having him dead to the right, Logan tried to leave, and Cap still attacked him. And then Nuke dropped in and Cap slashed him with the Muramasa blade, making Logan go berserk and beat down Cap twice in that fight. Both times, if not for the timely arrival of X-Men Cap would've been dead. So you have an exhausted and injured Wolverine who was holding back dropping Cap twice in a fight and then twice more after he stopped holding back. And that aneurysm left Cap hospitalised later that day.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:27 PM
HulkIsHulk

and Batman has done similar stuff. You done? Even if he was peak human thats still below Wolverine, it's a lose lose situation.

IF has kicked off a guy's head without using chi. Is that enough for you?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:30 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes, photobucket turned out to be much better...

Imageshack has been ruined. It is a pay site now.

I've been advising against the use of that sshhithole of imagehosting site long before it became a pay site. Heck, I even made a thread about it on this forum

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

People (including me) should have listened.

Some pics are still showing up, but that's a small consolation.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 07:03 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Ize19

Actually I think the precise question is not wether Wolverine will be 100% its wether his HF will be 100% after healing. People have argued that Wolverines HF can be severely weakened but Wolverine can actually be ok...but really when you think about it if he takes enough damage to weaken his HF it will affect his overall performance.

Thats another thing you hear on vs forum "His HF wasn't weakened he looks fine to me," "Just because hes running or jumping around doesnt mean his HF is 100%"

Anyway im not sure what your views are on the above but from what ive seen it actually takes alot for Wolverines HF not to be 100%

A lot? Sure. Problem is, as issue 73 showed, Wolverine goes through a lot on a pretty much daily basis. And while his healing factor can handle a lot of punishment, there are certain factors that can increase or decrease the effect on it. For instance, if he bleeds out, it takes more energy for his healing factor to replace those blood cells then it does to heal internal bleeding. Also, if he is in a desert, and gets gunned down, the harsh environment can cause his healing factor to empty earlier, such as in issue #67 of his first ongoing solo.

Basically, it's important that when you talk about what it takes to put Wolverine down, you have to list more than just the knockout punch; all the blows he took before did leave their toll, just not in the same way it does most people.

Yep, Logan's HF can be taxed, and what Ize meant is that how taxed it will be depends on what type of injury Logan and its intensity, as well as his state depend son it. For example, Logan's HF will be much better off after being stabbed by one sword than after being stabbed by several hundred swords. And it also depends on how rested and nourished he is. And would be better off in a fire than in lava.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 01:14 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Adrenaline plays a part, too.

Example. When pissed off, Logan will heal much faster than in calm or depressed state.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 02:05 PM