KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Temple of Doom VS Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

My favorite movie is....
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Temple of Doom 32 71.11%
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 11 24.44%
They're both equally good/bad 2 4.44%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Temple of Doom VS Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Started by: Spartan005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

I sent it to Spielberg. wink

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 06:15 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaronspirit

Temple of Doom.....Ofcourse

"I`m not going to ride you? Am I?"

My favorite phrases from
Spirit Stallion Of The Cimarron

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 02:11 AM
aaronspirit is currently offline Click here to Send aaronspirit a Private Message Find more posts by aaronspirit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Of course.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 09:38 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I sent it to Spielberg. wink

Did he take note...?

Will we see an amended version released...? shifty

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 09:17 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

His lawyers will contact you.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 07:25 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue Yay...!!!!

An actual face to scream my complaints at..!!!!

Fortunately my sentiments are backed up by the sanity so evident in the poll score right now.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 02:24 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Honestly, who clicked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as superior to Temple of Doom? That is horribly wrong... I should edit it...

I did not flinch and die as Sadako did during his viewing of the film, but I certainly agree with all his points. At first the nuclear scene was one of those "Oh shit, he's going to be nuked, PANIC!" scenes... but its resolution was ridiculous. I don't care if the refrigerator IS lined with led, why isn't it melted scrap?! I would have preferred if Indy had tripped some sort of sensor or something that indicated there was someone in the blast zone.

I don't even know.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I'd take ToD any day.

That horrible sci-fi crap didn't fit in. Nothing fit in. It was horrible. Just horrible.
I don't even see IJ as sci-fi- I mean, heck, KOTCS is sci-fi- Aliens? What the bloody hell were they thinking?! I've always thought IJ's more of a adventure-history stuff and all that... But sci-fi? What the hell!

What the bloody hell were they thinking when they made this movie?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 09:12 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Hahahaha, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a million times worse. Fact.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 12:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by J.P Jaeh_Poole
I'd take ToD any day.

That horrible sci-fi crap didn't fit in. Nothing fit in. It was horrible. Just horrible.
I don't even see IJ as sci-fi- I mean, heck, KOTCS is sci-fi- Aliens? What the bloody hell were they thinking?! I've always thought IJ's more of a adventure-history stuff and all that... But sci-fi? What the hell!

What the bloody hell were they thinking when they made this movie?

It's Lucas, dude.... it's Lucas.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 11:48 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Captain REX
Honestly, who clicked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as superior to Temple of Doom? That is horribly wrong... I should edit it...

I did not flinch and die as Sadako did during his viewing of the film, but I certainly agree with all his points. At first the nuclear scene was one of those "Oh shit, he's going to be nuked, PANIC!" scenes... but its resolution was ridiculous. I don't care if the refrigerator IS lined with led, why isn't it melted scrap?! I would have preferred if Indy had tripped some sort of sensor or something that indicated there was someone in the blast zone.

I don't even know.

Thank you Rex.

I'd buy the last minute sensor thing a million times more easy and like you say, tension could be generated in the scene enough to convey the constant fear of nuclear blasts that would have soaked minds of people in the fifties.

Queeq, did you say that the fridgenuking was in Darabont's script..?
'Cause that kinda would make Lucas AND Darabont jointly responsible with Speilberg for the fridgidaire related shenanigans at least... (If Speilberg wasn't man enough to stand up to Lucas over this and many other terrible issues with that movie, then he is still just as guilty.)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 11:26 AM
queeq
Chaos

Hold on before you start pointing the finger.

a) Yes, the fridge nuking is in the Darabont script
but...

b) Lucas makes up the story... he says what he wants in it. And Spielberg kinda adds stuff here and there (usually the better elements). So who's to blame for the nuke-fridge scene? I dunno. Could have been Lucas pushing it.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 07:38 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

So Spielberg isnt responsible as producer for the quality of the end product...?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 10:30 PM
queeq
Chaos

No, I blame Lucas for everything. Even for War of the Worlds. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 09:44 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well....Fair enough then.... lolz

I still am blaming Spielberg for the production errors in Fritz lang's Metropolis... stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 09:45 AM
queeq
Chaos

Which is fair. I mean, that robot is such a blatant copy of C-3PO, it's disgusting.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 11:31 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed. What a disgrace nicking Coruscant's design too..... stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 10:47 AM
queeq
Chaos

They should ban the guy from the director's guild. Along with Michael Bay.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:34 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Especially Michael Bay. shifty

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 04:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:12 AM