KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Like and dislike about Transformers the movie

Like and dislike about Transformers the movie
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laser7455

Like and dislike about Transformers the movie

What did you like and dislike about the movie?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 04:49 AM
laser7455 is currently offline Click here to Send laser7455 a Private Message Find more posts by laser7455 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh no..... You did not just go THERE...!!!! sick

stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 09:57 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I liked how it was marely just an action movie with personalities that have appeared in my childhood at some point.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 08:57 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

(Pity they screwed those personalities up almost totally though.)

So that leaves us with it just being an action movie, then. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 09:46 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Stuff went boom in the movie, that made me happy.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 06:55 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

That was good. The boom.

Yes. Even concrete that had no business exploding exploded in that movie.

For it was a movie of Bay.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 12:49 AM
Scythe
The Goat

And that's all I expected from the movie.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 12:56 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I thought Megan Fox had no place in the movie. Sure she was total eye candy, but if you seriously wanted to make a good movie, theres no place for characters that serve no purpose.

There was a scene that was cut out from the movie. It was during the brief conversation between megatron and starscream after Megatron escapes the compound. The scene that was cut out was Megatron dissing Starscream for failing. I think it was cut out due to time restraints. It would have been nice if it was included though since theres always been a rivalry between the two in the cartoons.

I found that the physics displayed by the transformers was phenomenally accurate - that was very well done.

Most of the movie was shown from the perspective of Shia and the Autobots. Giving some more screen time to the Decepticons would have been nice.

I particularly liked the scene where the Decepticons mobilised. That was quite cool. Starscream was definately the coolest Decepticon in the movie for me.

Ok, finally, one thing I really didnt like was how Bumblebee was able to transform into a newer model. He should'nt have been able to do that. If he could, then theoretically theres nothing to stop him transforming into anything else, which isnt right.

Overall though, I found the movie pretty good.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 12:55 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, the trans-scanning was alot more frequent for Bumblebee.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:55 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
I thought Megan Fox had no place in the movie. Sure she was total eye candy, but if you seriously wanted to make a good movie, theres no place for characters that serve no purpose.

There was a scene that was cut out from the movie. It was during the brief conversation between megatron and starscream after Megatron escapes the compound. The scene that was cut out was Megatron dissing Starscream for failing. I think it was cut out due to time restraints. It would have been nice if it was included though since theres always been a rivalry between the two in the cartoons.

I found that the physics displayed by the transformers was phenomenally accurate - that was very well done.

Most of the movie was shown from the perspective of Shia and the Autobots. Giving some more screen time to the Decepticons would have been nice.

Ok, finally, one thing I really didnt like was how Bumblebee was able to transform into a newer model. He should'nt have been able to do that. If he could, then theoretically theres nothing to stop him transforming into anything else, which isnt right.

Overall though, I found the movie pretty good.

Great points generally, however, I thought the physics weren't that great.

The mass-shifting cube kinda screwed that up.

(Along with the firey exploding concrete when Megatron knocks Sam off of the ledge... Concrete doesn't do that.

...AND Frenzy's magic regenerating body...

...AND the afformentioned 'Autobots being able to morph' rubbish too...

....AND those old roofs supposedly supporting Prime's galloping weight as he chases to rescue Sam...)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:43 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
And that's all I expected from the movie.

I expected more as the Transformers name was on it.

Had it been Go-bots I wouldn't have cared less.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:46 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Hahaha, a Go-Bot movie!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:05 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Had they taken out John Turturro's character and toned down the love interest between Shia Lebeouf and megan fox. The movie would have been MUCH better and would have felt a little less childish.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 01:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I know, John Turturro's rolse is always welcomed, but that role just seemed out of place and overall wacky...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 02:35 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Agreed. Hes usually great but he in this case evidently thought this was the Goonies and that he was one of Ma's boys. sad

But he was impaired by having a director that doesn't know what humans are. (or tfs for that matter)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 02:05 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Ahaha, he probably thinks that made his career.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 10:27 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Made it a near laughing stock, maybe..... shifty
Fortunately, everyone is allowed to screw the pooch at least once. (Not literally though, you depraved bunch..)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 11:00 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I actually have high hopes for the sequel, even though it won't be Transformers and capture the what it means to depict Transformers, I'm glad all the origin stuff is out of the way.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 01:38 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I might wait for it to rent on dvd or something. I refuse to pay cinema rates for any Bay's shit, as a matter of principle.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 08:18 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by Scythe
Stuff went boom in the movie, that made me happy.

you'll love Die Hard wink

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 08:45 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote