KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Like and dislike about Transformers the movie

Like and dislike about Transformers the movie
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jovan
you'll love Die Hard wink

Hahaha, nice!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 01:28 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I might wait for it to rent on dvd or something. I refuse to pay cinema rates for any Bay's shit, as a matter of principle.

Sounds smart.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 01:33 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Jovan
you'll love Die Hard wink

Now thats a great f***in' movie.
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 03:30 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TechDreamer

I like the cartoon movie much much more than the live action. The problem with the live action is Michael Bay not staying true to the origianl Transformers. They had too sharp of angels too busy. They were square and smooth keep it simple the way it was meant to be. Not a fan of the way they looked in fight scenes too...too many close up shots not enough of the actual fight.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 07:00 AM
TechDreamer is currently offline Click here to Send TechDreamer a Private Message Find more posts by TechDreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Absolutely.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 10:14 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MadParty
The Real Mike D.

the decepticon's should have had more screen time,the pace could have been a little bit slower

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 09:05 AM
The MadParty is currently offline Click here to Send The MadParty a Private Message Find more posts by The MadParty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I dunno... those long, drawn out sections with the human/non-tf storylines drag for me like a motherfu**er.

Agreed about the Decep's screentime.
Just left 'em feeling like generic monster villians when they were on screen.

Mind you...thats quite fitting of their design.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:21 PM
BlazingBarrells

iduhno.....its not that i disliked the movie or anything, but honestly the only aspect of the film that keeps me coming back is the special effects....pretty beautiful stuff....

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 05:53 AM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I enjoyed the movie...but i still see no reason they could not have made optimus the proper rig..i mean they are still out there on the road and god knows why they just did not use the rig from the original.....i did not like all the sharp angles...and the decepticons did not get enough screen time.....megatron and starscream looked to much alike......all in all i did enjoy the movie and i look forward to the sequel

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 03:17 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Originally posted by starlock
I enjoyed the movie...but i still see no reason they could not have made optimus the proper rig..i mean they are still out there on the road and god knows why they just did not use the rig from the original.....i did not like all the sharp angles...and the decepticons did not get enough screen time.....megatron and starscream looked to much alike......all in all i did enjoy the movie and i look forward to the sequel

Enjoyed it too! Decepticons needed way more screen time!
Apparentley going to get more in TF2

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:06 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The transformers should have had more time period.
And the humans less.

The pesky critters ate up all that precious screentime.

Mind you, even if there was more battle, we wouldnt have been able to see it due to the camera being all over the place and too close to the action anyways due to Bay's 'shitness.'

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:14 AM
OB1-adobe

I recently got to watch the movie in Hi-def.

I could nitpick it to death, but if you don't know anything about Transformers it is an entertaining film.

What there is to like about the movie, most people already know.

My nitpicks:

1. Product Placement up the A-hole
Some people love this stuff, unfortunatley for me I just finished film school, and after taking a film business class, I know that theres no coincidece that when that Aulstrailian blonde hot girl put that Panasonic memory card in the slot, its logo glisten in the light. Which brings me to the next point.

2. Aulstrailian blonde hot girl
I don't even know her name? Or the black dude that helps her. Is the president's name just Mr. President? All three of those people had hardly point in this film

3. Opening monolog of the cube
The major plot device in this movie is explained in a seriously vague monolog. Just say this imitating an Optimus voice:

"In the begiining there was the cube. We don't know where it came from, or how it works. So just deal with it. And don't forget to drink Mountain dew and buy an Xbox 360."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 12:25 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Hah. stick out tongue

All valid irritances. yes

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 04:35 AM
Cloudzor

i liked alot about this movie but a few things totally mucked it up for me...

i'll start with what i liked.... i think the soundtrack was good and storyline was kinda sufficient. special effects were great and the transformation sequences (especially optimus) were awesome.

Shia did a good job of playing Sam and Bumblebee was done pretty well...

stuff i think messed the movie up... as a previous poster said, Megan Fox's character just had no part to play in the story, sure she's ridiculously hot but i'd buy an FHM mag if i wanted to stare at hotties, this was the transformers movie and her character did absolutely nothing for the plot and direction of the movie.

now my two major criticisms of this movie are:

1. the american soldier taking out a way cool decepticon, that was just plain lame... this reduced the awe and image of the transformers as a whole, i don't understand why they did this... ironhide vs this decepticon would have been so much cooler, the movie's name is transformers after all, "not the US Army" ... a face off between an autobot and this decepticon would have been brilliant, but then for some reason the autobots just dissapear off the scene for a while... a bit lame tbh

2. probably my biggest gripe concerning this movie was the megatron and optimus fight... so optimus arrives late for the fight which was cool cause it allowed him to make a grand entrance, his transformation here was the coolest seen in the movie (IMO)... the way he makes his entrance and the tension between him and megatron leads you to beleive that this is the fight that will decide who wins between good and evil, instead megatron pounds optimus from beginning to end with optimus having like 0 chance against him. why say stuff like "one will stand and one will fall" and "if i can't defeat megatron" if he had like no chance at all? this kinda mucked up Optimus' image IMO, he's way too weak compared to megatron.

enjoyed the movie, but as i said... the muck ups they made were too big to overlook. hop they do a better job of part 2.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 08:58 AM
Cloudzor is currently offline Click here to Send Cloudzor a Private Message Find more posts by Cloudzor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Man you are 100% correctamundo.

More or less every scene in this movie damaged the TFs integrity.
The entire US military unloaded EVERYTHING short of nukes on Megatron for like five minutes in that fortress siege in US marvel #3 or 4.

Not. A. Scratch.

This is why we needed the Autobots to protect us against the Decepticons in the TFs story.

All Bay had to do was remember that.
But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........

The reason for the US soldier taking out decepticon, along with other bullshit exaggerating the effectiveness of the US human forces against the decepticons was the same reason that the transformers had to all be GMC and military vehicles that failed to resemble the characters:

Bay sold the movie out to the US military in exchange for the propagandic advertising space within and use of their (and GMC's) vehicles..

Thats why you are treated to a very shiny movie featuring Human plotline irrelevance and product placement with a smidgen of robot action instead of a movie about the TFs we all knew and loved.

Should have called it "The USO show..!!!"
The tag line review would more honestly be:
'Sam Witwicky's teen problems occasionally featuring some robots who could just as easily be Gobots for all the care taken in writing/designing them.'

But as long as they could rape the name Transformers for every penny without having to make effort to actually be a transformers movie, then why not...?

And they'll be taking your money for it again for sure in the sequel.

How sick does that make you, the genuine TFs fan/paying movie goer feel..?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:34 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I'm alright with paying money to see any sequels. Because, G1, to me, is its own thing that could never be tarnished in my opinion. I keep it secluded from everything. These movies and animated shows are basically loosely based if not, loosely inspired by the G1 saga. They'll never be able to come close to what G1 was and still is. Let alone the fact that I consider myself too young to fully admire G1, I grew up with RiD and it's characters.

I entered the theater expecting an action flick, and it was good. Not the greatest thing ever, but good.

It's like Aliens, I thought the second one was great, the first one to me comes in closely at number two, and everything else to me is just an action film loosely based on the Alien mythos.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 09:21 AM
Cloudzor

quoted the wrong post embarrasment

Last edited by Cloudzor on Jan 20th, 2009 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 06:47 PM
Cloudzor is currently offline Click here to Send Cloudzor a Private Message Find more posts by Cloudzor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodsugar08
Restricted

Account Restricted

You seem to have got the niche from the root, Awesome work

Regards

Balae

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:12 AM
bloodsugar08 is currently offline Click here to Send bloodsugar08 a Private Message Find more posts by bloodsugar08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beast1234

Megatron was not has intelligent has he was in G1

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 01:01 AM
beast1234 is currently offline Click here to Send beast1234 a Private Message Find more posts by beast1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I thought the film was perfect in almost everyway...cept physics errors, of course.

I thought every last bit about the Transformers was wonderful but there are problems.

If they could process everything so fast, like that, then the fights would be so absurdly fast it would be rediculous. DBZ shit...if they could move themselves like that. Fights between two Transformers wouldn't be human brawls...they'd be rediculously fast chess matches that slow mo would only reveal.

Also, the Cube losing mass is just fine. It's supposed to be this uber cube of almost magical ability...so it having what seems like mystical mass losing cube is okay to me.

I thought the....

Wait...to be continued. Have to go home.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 04:51 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote