KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Like and dislike about Transformers the movie

Like and dislike about Transformers the movie
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah but to then after featuring said "magic" cube, why turn down "Magic" Robots on the grounds that there be NO "MAGIC" in the movie.

Either a huge fail in the philosophy or pure bullshit. You choose.

And the "Transformers" that were in the movie just took a back seat to utterly uninteresting miltary/human characters (no matter HOW hot Megan Fox is).

That and the sloppy writing totally forgetting to resolve fates with characters. etc ("What happened with the copcar...?" "Whered the Aussie chick go...? Oh shes just not important...? Why have her in the f***in movie then..?)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 09:46 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

A lot of the opened plot holes were left opened to make money on prequel and epilogue comics, such as where Barricade (the cop car...) went and whatnot.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 09:59 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sloppy, imho. And damaged the movie.

A good interactive experience will provide all you need to complete the movie, while allowing you to learn more through these other avenues you speak of.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 04:47 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, I agree, but where's the money making in that? Haha.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 02:02 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Hahaha

Greed=Bad when moneygreed destroys a great thing.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 11:13 AM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah but to then after featuring said "magic" cube, why turn down "Magic" Robots on the grounds that there be NO "MAGIC" in the movie.

Either a huge fail in the philosophy or pure bullshit. You choose.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Something about magic and robots and not seeing magic or no magic with the cube.

Re-word what you wrote so I can disagree with you properly. big grin

What does this "turn down magic robots" supposed to mean anyway?

And the "Transformers" that were in the movie just took a back seat to utterly uninteresting miltary/human characters (no matter HOW hot Megan Fox is).

I completely disagree 100% with you. I think that a movie focusing too much on the Transformers would have been too commerical and cheap with poor character connection. It's just a tad easier for most humans to connect with another human.

Since the movie did so well, I'm inclined to believe the movie wasn't as bad as you make it out to be.

That and the sloppy writing totally forgetting to resolve fates with characters. etc ("What happened with the copcar...?" "Whered the Aussie chick go...? Oh shes just not important...? Why have her in the f***in movie then..?)

Why would we need to see resolution on Maggie other than "she's safe and figured it out". What purpose would there be? I see no reason to a follow-up beyond her usefulness being used up.

Me thinks you just wanted to see her more.

Oh, and, she was in the movie to be the "clean as a whistle" hacker that made it into the security briefing to figure what the hell was going on. She was the piece that connected to her hacker buddy to actually figure it. Badda boom. Plot progression character.

The copcar? You mean Barricade? He was still alive, and left that way, on purpose.

See this site and search for Barricade:

http://transformerslive.blogspot.co...ost-move-q.html

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 10:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Right. Bay said that Megatron couldnt be a gun and Soundwave couldnt be Soundwave citing mass shifting not being believeable (when he just wanted to do designs of his own/his companies that could make money from GMC and the US military for advertising their stuff/renting out plot time for what basically was one big recruitment drive vid.)

He then broke his own rule with the Mass shifting cube.

What a lying bastard, huh...?

Yeah but he disappeared midchase and wasnt even shown leaving.

It was just sloppy seeming.

Then if its 'Transformers second' and 'humans first' it shouldnt have been called TFs. "Irritating humans occasionally featuring Transformers" would have been more apt.

The original unf***ed-with characters were interesting enough to sustain a movie.

But not these "revisions".

Hence the humans.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 12:33 AM
ctsketch

if you hate it so much as you seem to Girth......don't even bother with he second movie?

Cause honestly. One can only take so much bitching and moaning.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 12:35 PM
ctsketch is currently offline Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Who are you to attack me like that...?
I may very well not bother. Thats up to me.

Your opinions are Im sure as valid as mine, so express them if you like, (after all, what are forums for..? One might even say If you dont like it, you dont have to read my posts.) but dismissing all reactions that dont tally up with yours as just bitching and moaning is a bit lazy now, isnt it?

And its "Mr.Girth", to you. wink

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 05:59 PM
ctsketch

quote:
And its "Mr.Girth"

is it okay if I call you Ms. Girth?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 04:51 PM
ctsketch is currently offline Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Ms.

Mizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ms....Ms.......Ms...................

Erm.

No. smile

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 08:53 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by ctsketch
if you hate it so much as you seem to Girth......don't even bother with he second movie?

Cause honestly. One can only take so much bitching and moaning.

Come on man, respecting everyone's opinions on movies and music is great, it makes the world diverse. We can't all have the same opinion, and everyone's opinion matters. I sit idly by while people boast about how good a band My Chemical Romace, Fall Out Boy, and The Jonas Brothers are, even though to me they're shit, but I have to live with the fact that they like that, same way they have to live with the fact that I think that music should come in 'turd' place.

(Why did I use a pun?? FML...)

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 02:33 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Thank you Scythe.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 05:04 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Thank you Scythe.

No need, brah. I'm always open to opinions, as long as they're not utterly mundane and based off of ignorance, ya know?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 06:14 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Absolutely.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 08:52 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Oops... uh, sorry.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 1st, 2009 02:34 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Right. Bay said that Megatron couldnt be a gun and Soundwave couldnt be Soundwave citing mass shifting not being believeable (when he just wanted to do designs of his own/his companies that could make money from GMC and the US military for advertising their stuff/renting out plot time for what basically was one big recruitment drive vid.)

He then broke his own rule with the Mass shifting cube.

What a lying bastard, huh...?

WTF?

Dude, I was wanting to see Megatron as a gun. sad That was a disappointment for me.

And he's either a major liar about the mass thing, or it was MAJOR oversight on his part.

Yeah but he disappeared midchase and wasnt even shown leaving.

It was just sloppy seeming.

I agree...but it was planned. So it does contain a degree of intelligence.

Edit- Wait, wasn't Barricade seen driving off in the background when they are going to the Dam? I could be mistaken...seriously.

Then if its 'Transformers second' and 'humans first' it shouldnt have been called TFs. "Irritating humans occasionally featuring Transformers" would have been more apt.

I was thinking that any movie about something unique like that always has more screen time for humans than the name of the film. Little Monsters, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, etc. Think of a movie about a "special" or unique unhuman character and you should see more screen time for the human characters.

The original unf***ed-with characters were interesting enough to sustain a movie.

But not these "revisions".

Hence the humans.

I liked the revisions except for the scientific errors that I mentioned. I like the look and the general feel of the Transformers more than the originals. I'm beginning to think that I'm the only person who likes new things or revisions to anything that was good. I liked the PT better than the OT, I liked the newer transformers better than the original, I liked the newer Matrix films better than the first, I liked the Watchmen movie better than the comic, etc. It goes on and on. Am I the only human on Earth who can stand the revisions?

Last edited by dadudemon on May 1st, 2009 at 02:45 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2009 02:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by dadudemon
WTF?

Dude, I was wanting to see Megatron as a gun. sad That was a disappointment for me.

And he's either a major liar about the mass thing, or it was MAJOR oversight on his part.

I agree...but it was planned. So it does contain a degree of intelligence.

Edit- Wait, wasn't Barricade seen driving off in the background when they are going to the Dam? I could be mistaken...seriously.

I was thinking that any movie about something unique like that always has more screen time for humans than the name of the film. Little Monsters, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, etc. Think of a movie about a "special" or unique unhuman character and you should see more screen time for the human characters.

I liked the revisions except for the scientific errors that I mentioned. I like the look and the general feel of the Transformers more than the originals. I'm beginning to think that I'm the only person who likes new things or revisions to anything that was good. I liked the PT better than the OT, I liked the newer transformers better than the original, I liked the newer Matrix films better than the first, I liked the Watchmen movie better than the comic, etc. It goes on and on. Am I the only human on Earth who can stand the revisions?

No. Your not. But Darwinian evolution will take you guys out later.... lolz

Good points, just wanted to comment that the on the subject of Titles vs subjects: Ghostbusters were called Ghostbusters in the movie and were human therefore it was fine because it was about them. Not Gozer.

Yep. Gremlins worked/qualified at a title because Gizmo was in it most of the time, and its not like if there were character revisions from before to notice any degrading.

But TFS nearly was always told from a TF POV.

And thats where the pooch has been given a very sore hind quarter.

Bringing it back to the character Revisions:

Here a few of are my issues with them, disregarding the annoying but previously covered physical design:

Bumblebee would never have pissed hot oil over a human to torture it. Not to extrapolate info, not for Germanic sexual reasoning... nothing.

Frenzy and (presumably Rumble) have been turned from lightweight hoods into a terrible looking Jar Jar act and soundalikes.

Jazz was turned from an earth-loving culture-knowing laid back guy with a voice or or like Hong Kong Phooey, who is sleek and stylish in both modes into a brain dead gangsta rapper arsehole wanna be who is immensely easy to snap in half.

Megatron: Originally a genius with a bent for wanting to harvest the energies of the universe in really to restore Cybertron under decepticon rule, he is now just a Big Dumb talking generic movie monster.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 1st, 2009 at 09:12 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2009 09:07 AM
dadudemon

No. Your not. But Darwinian evolution will take you guys out later.... lolz

Good points, just wanted to comment that the on the subject of Titles vs subjects: Ghostbusters were called Ghostbusters in the movie and were human therefore it was fine because it was about them. Not Gozer.

Yep. Gremlins worked/qualified at a title because Gizmo was in it most of the time, and its not like if there were character revisions from before to notice any degrading.

But TFS nearly was always told from a TF POV.

And thats where the pooch has been given a very sore hind quarter.

Bringing it back to the character Revisions:

Here a few of are my issues with them, disregarding the annoying but previously covered physical design:

Bumblebee would never have pissed hot oil over a human to torture it. Not to extrapolate info, not for Germanic sexual reasoning... nothing.

Frenzy and (presumably Rumble) have been turned from lightweight hoods into a terrible looking Jar Jar act and soundalikes.

Jazz was turned from an earth-loving culture-knowing laid back guy with a voice or or like Hong Kong Phooey, who is sleek and stylish in both modes into a brain dead gangsta rapper arsehole wanna be who is immensely easy to snap in half.

Megatron: Originally a genius with a bent for wanting to harvest the energies of the universe in really to restore Cybertron under decepticon rule, he is now just a Big Dumb talking generic movie monster.

Oops, my bad. I didn't mean Ghostbusters at all. My wife and son had Were watching Ghosbusters II at the time so I made a Freudian slip. (I was sitting in the livingroom, on my couch, with the laptop.) I meant Jaws, lol, NOT Ghostbusters.

I agree on the Bumblebee design as well. But if you use that logic, it trips down a very slippery slope. Why would transformers "humanoid" appearing in nature? To counter your point with perfect logic, Bumblebee did that because he studied humans as much as possible and knew that he, anatomically, had something that would resemble a highly insulting act to humans: pissing on him.

However, all of the characters in the cartoon are even more-so anthropomorphized than in the movie. If you want to get down to nitty gritty, the movie was much more realistic than the cartoon, as far as sentient robots from a distant "planet" goes.

As far as Megatron, yeah, there was NO screen time or interaction moments to make any sort of character conclusion other than Movie monster trying to obtain power. His character, imo, will be explored more in the 2nd or 3rd film.

Edit- Wait. That's what the DVD is for. It goes into Megatrons backstory.

Last edited by dadudemon on May 4th, 2009 at 03:08 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:02 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Where the "Perfect" logic is flawed is:

No f***ing way do autobots, especially torture humans.
Period.

The reason that they are humanoid shape is: They were that way on Cybertron. Way before earth so the studying humans excuse is gone also.

Theres no way for the makers to save face.

There is no apologist that can mask their flaw.

Baaaaaaad character writing.

Megatron wont be smart enough to tie his shoelaces, compared to the diabolical genius of G1 Megatron so it didnt rea\lly leave me wanting to explore the characrter much further.

I go off of the marvel comics.

There is less anthropomorphization there compared to the cartoons (which were retarded next to the comic).. smile

And this "Realism" that you speak of regarding alien robots...?
You get your info what what real alien robots are like, for where exactly....? lolz

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 4th, 2009 at 09:40 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2009 09:27 AM