KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Like and dislike about Transformers the movie

Like and dislike about Transformers the movie
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Also, it wasnt a good movie if it couldnt establish who Megatron was after that big slow buildup. They had all the time in the world (or about 2hrs 20) to set Megatron up. But nooooooooo. Clusterfu*k.
His voice, lines and demeanor are what makes him generic and dumb. No backstory will save that.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 4th, 2009 09:45 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Where the "Perfect" logic is flawed is:

No f***ing way do autobots, especially torture humans.
Period.

Wait...wait.

When did Autobots torture humans?

The reason that they are humanoid shape is: They were that way on Cybertron. Way before earth so the studying humans excuse is gone also.

No, you're missing it, bro. That was not what I was saying, at all. Of course the cartoon and the movie have robots from a different planet. That much is obvious. The degree of anthropomorphization (damn big-ass words! mad ) is less in the live action movie than the cartoons. This has nothing to do with the story itself...only with the Transformers appearance.

Theres no way for the makers to save face.

There is no apologist that can mask their flaw.

Baaaaaaad character writing.

Which one are we talking about, now?

Megatron wont be smart enough to tie his shoelaces, compared to the diabolical genius of G1 Megatron so it didnt rea\lly leave me wanting to explore the characrter much further.

I most certainly want to explore is live action character much much further.

I don't recomend you watch the second film because it will be one big mistake for you...from what I read about it.

I go off of the marvel comics.

There is less anthropomorphization there compared to the cartoons (which were retarded next to the comic).. smile

And this "Realism" that you speak of regarding alien robots...?
You get your info what what real alien robots are like, for where exactly....? lolz

Oh, ok. The Marvel comic version.

As for your last comment....ugh.

Also, it wasnt a good movie if it couldnt establish who Megatron was after that big slow buildup. They had all the time in the world (or about 2hrs 20) to set Megatron up. But nooooooooo. Clusterfu*k.
His voice, lines and demeanor are what makes him generic and dumb. No backstory will save that.

Well, no, that's not eveyrthing to it, either.

Nothing the movie did would have been adequate enough for you. Some things don't translate well for people on the big screen. This is one thing that obviously, no matter the iteration, will work well for you on screen.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 12:11 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nope. To say that nothing would be good enough is myopic.

No I missed nothing.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 02:04 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Nope. To say that nothing would be good enough is myopic.

No I missed nothing.

That's my opinion.

If you had the skills and the abilities to write produce and direct a transformers film, it wouldn't appeal to as many people...in fact, there would be more who outcried against it, imo.

Edit- Wait. You may very well posses the skills. Tell me how you would have done the live action film. Mind you, you are doing a trilogy.

Thsi will require you to make a longer post...but it doesn't have to be that long. You can give me a general plot that's less than 5000 characters.

Here's my reasoning: I have relegated your to the "blankie syndrome" and it may not be warranted. You very well may have been able to make a better film, all around, that appeals to hardcore fans and the general audience...so I figured that I should at least give you a chance to show me how it could have been better. Mind you, I have an excellent imagination, so I can fill in all the effects, similar to Bay's version, if you'd like.

Last edited by dadudemon on May 5th, 2009 at 03:19 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2009 03:14 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ctsketch

quote:
If you had the skills and the abilities to write produce and direct a transformers film, it wouldn't appeal to as many people...in fact, there would be more who outcried against it, imo.

Transformers G1 worked as a comic/toon,.....but if a live action movie was actually like it..... it would be really really weird....the bot forms would look cheesy....and colorful. the voice overs would be horrible, LOL. and the action would be lame.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 12:09 PM
ctsketch is currently offline Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by dadudemon
That's my opinion.

Edit- Wait. You may very well posses the skills. Tell me how you would have done the live action film. Mind you, you are doing a trilogy.

Thsi will require you to make a longer post...but it doesn't have to be that long. You can give me a general plot that's less than 5000 characters.

Here's my reasoning: I have relegated your to the "blankie syndrome" and it may not be warranted. You very well may have been able to make a better film, all around, that appeals to hardcore fans and the general audience...so I figured that I should at least give you a chance to show me how it could have been better. Mind you, I have an excellent imagination, so I can fill in all the effects, similar to Bay's version, if you'd like.

Its "relegated YOU". A lot of time on long words, in general from you. Not as much time in actual thought, eh...? wink

Sure. I could. But the basic level "put the poster in burden of typing long posts or cope with unqualified and unneccessarily derisive comments" strategy.

I needn't produce a full synopsis in order to have my points justified.
Simply pointing out alternatives in areas that would have made the most difference will do.

If you comment on a new album out, do I ask you to submit a 6 album deal's worth of material before I can take your comment seriously...?

If feel embarrassed for you, that Ive had to had to have to highlight it, really.

Still carry on with the twatty estrogenised superiority complex stuff though....

smokin'

Old Post May 5th, 2009 05:18 PM
dadudemon

Its "relegated YOU". A lot of time on long words, in general from you. Not as much time in actual thought, eh...? wink

erm If you got what I meant, there's no reason to get petty like that, is there? Did what I say really offend you that much? Do you not like being tagged with the "blankie syndrome" that bad? That's just a slightly different version of "fanboy". no expression

Sure. I could.

You should. If you think that there is much better way of telling a live action story for Transformers, then do tell. Is it really that hard to spend 5-10 minutes writing something up?

But the basic level "put the poster in burden of typing long posts or cope with unqualified and unneccessarily derisive comments" strategy.

I never said you had to accept my opinion of you as a Transformers fanboy who could never be satisfied. erm

However, you WERE so dissatisfied that I figured that I would give you the chance to tell it your way...before I made a blanket statement about you you having a blankie syndrome.

I needn't produce a full synopsis in order to have my points justified.
Simply pointing out alternatives in areas that would have made the most difference will do.

For you, it did not seem that it would do. That's why I gave you the chance to write-up something better. Did you assume that I would automatically criticise every point and call you a douche with no creativity? NO! I wouldn't have done that in the least. I would have very objectively considered your suggestions.

If you comment on a new album out, do I ask you to submit a 6 album deal's worth of material before I can take your comment seriously...?

6 album deal's worth of material?

What are you talking about? Your analogy was lost in translation.

Did I ask you to write six movie scripts?

If feel embarrassed for you, that Ive had to had to have to highlight it, really.

That's "I" not "If". Get it right, man. roll eyes (sarcastic) (Yes, I could care less if you got it wrong...I'm making a "funny.")

Still carry on with the twatty estrogenised superiority complex stuff though....

smokin'

Did you really get that butthurt? You do realized that I admitted that I was making a hasty comment so I backtracked to allow you to justify yourself, dont' you?

I don't know why, but I seem to have hit a nerve with you. Are you a washed up script writer or something? Dude, if you are, you shouldn't feel bad about it. I won't judge you by your past. I could care less. All your points on the movie were intelligent and not baseless...giving you a chance to spend 5-10 minutes coming up with your own thing was hardly intended as insult.

Now, to show you what I mean...(Feel free to pick apart and disagree with it...as it was literally a 5-10 minute write-up, on the spot.)

We could open with a narration of the battle between Primus and Unicron that ends up with Unicron and Primus (along with Cybertron, if you want to pay homage to the comic) being hidden away in "unreachable" plane. The ultimate Baddie could be "The Fallen" with Fallen trying to break the Seal of Primus to bring back Cybertron and Unicron. (Fallen would be the anti-hero. He'll be both the bad guy and good guy. Doing bad things to work towards a good goal...yes, similar to Ozymandias. The Fallen could be a complex character who seems to take orders/direction from Unicron, but actually has his own agenda as well.)

The first film could focus, very similarly, on the first encounter with man. An artifact (key), hidden in infinite wisdom by Primus, was put on Earth thousands of years ago with the hopes that man, with his savagery, love, and compassion, would one day aid in bringing peace back to the universe and assist the Autobots from Unicron's insatiable appetite for destruction. Man is required to take action in assisting the autobots to prevent the destruction of the Universe as Unicron's "resurrection" happens to be near Earth 616. We later find out that this hidden key is an energy artifact that merges with the Matrix, which allows the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime, to break the Seal of Primus, if he so choses...or that's what the Autobots assume. The Seal is weakened and it allows Unicron to inject his will through his puppets, with Megatron being the seemingly ultimte villian in the film at first and then Fallen being discovered as the one pulling the strings with Megatron, with the plot resolving that The Fallen is actually the Herald of Unicron...segway into the finale of the film which ends in an epic battle between Primus and Unicron. Unicron is released because the "special" thing about the "key" is only a specific human can activate the key once it merges with the Matrix, to break the Seal of Primus, as Primus, in his wisdom, forsaw this particular human being born and knew that this human would be "the chosen one" because there is a "second" key that is unlocked only through special enlightenment that will occur with this human and the human friends. (Damn, sounds like the matrix after reading it)

The "final" battle ends with this human's enlightenment but it forces the Autobots and the chosen one to have to choose to forever seal away Unicron and Primus with the lose of Cybertron (do to some sort of connection between the three), or save Primus and Cybertron while risking the destruction of Earth and countless other worlds. (We could edit that part to be more of a tough decision...but, you get the idea, it's a hard choice make. Maybe we could have Autobots, after thousands of years of missing their homeworld (we could even make it to where some Autobots are lost because they are connected to Cybertron) do not want to seal it away and would rather restore what they think is the proper balance of Primus and Unicron coexisting in our multiverse..that being a legit ideal.) It ends with Cybertron's destruction and Unicron's and Primus's permanent sealing. Fallen asks Optimus Prime for forgiveness after having some sort of revelation in his folly is redeemed and forgiven. Megatron becomes Galvatron and the new antagonist for movie II.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 02:21 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

My analogy was sound (Three to six albums worth of material is what companies want to hear to know that their investment is gonna peter out after the first hit or album. )

Naw not really butt hurt.
Just reacting to the wording you used and the observation on the 'burdening technique' has legitimately taken place over time.
However seeing now that you were actually straight up about the ideas submitting, I apologise for that.

Thats not too bad an outline, fan fic wise, that involves all the right elements.. It still would have been more awesome that the first bay movie.

smile

I doubt that Bay'd let it be that TFs orientated though.
Get a decent production staff for it, and it may roll.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 10:56 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

What I liked:

-Good casting
-Amazing special effects
-Good action
-Great characters(especially the Transformers themselves)
-Cool explosions(Bay's specialty)
-Pretty good plot
-Some of the Transformer designs were great
-Megan Fox(yup, she gets her own category)
-Some awesome fan nods(and cool scene adaptions from the 80s show)

What I didn't like:

-Too many human characters, not enough Transformers
-The camera was way too shaky during the fight scenes
-Some of the Transformer designs were bad
-Some issues as a fan I had, and some plot holes(not enough Starscream, why was the robot called "Devastator"(which possibly shows their laziness and lack of care for the original material), the fact Optimus didn't use his sword on Megatron, and so on)
-Some really poor jokes(the Bumblebee peeing joke, Sam's "happy time", ect.)

Overall, though? I loved the movie. Great, big, loud robot smashing fun.

Last edited by Mr. Rhythmic on May 6th, 2009 at 06:44 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:41 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I thought they did a great job on the first movie. It's transforming robots you can't expect an academy award winning story there.
It is what i expected an introduction to the transformers with ass kicking robots. I know people have said thay why wasn't megatron a gun, well if you think about it that is a pretty useless thing to turn into.
I just hope they do soundwave justice if he is in the new movie, he should be an sr71 blackbird.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 09:20 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

My analogy was sound (Three to six albums worth of material is what companies want to hear to know that their investment is gonna peter out after the first hit or album. )

Ahhh, makes sense now. It makes sense now why I was confused. I was expecting two or three paragraphs and you thought I meant a lot more than that. That's where the disconnect was on both our ends.

Naw not really butt hurt.

Cool.

Then I apologize for that knee-jerk statement.

Just reacting to the wording you used and the observation on the 'burdening technique' has legitimately taken place over time.
However seeing now that you were actually straight up about the ideas submitting, I apologise for that.

I apologize for my original statements. They were a bit too derisive, I admit.

And thanks for the apology.

Thats not too bad an outline, fan fic wise, that involves all the right elements.. It still would have been more awesome that the first bay movie.

smile

lol

Yeah, it was rather off the cuff, based on some things from the comics and my own ideas. I literally took about 5-10 minutes to do that entire portion. Didn't take long.

Which goes back to what you were saying earlier...they could have done better: paying homage to the fans and and entertaining the new comers even more. I agree...it wasn't perfect...but it was a whole lot closer than I expected it to be. I was shocked at how good it was. I thought it was going to be lame.

I doubt that Bay'd let it be that TFs orientated though.
Get a decent production staff for it, and it may roll.

I would certainly love the movie if it was more epic like the example I wrote above. Planet sized robotic monster Aliens (with one of them being a planet eater) and their underlings from a different plane of reality with epic space and earth battles taking place for the fate of humanity seems a tad more believable than:

Saving humanity from robots that can hack the entirety of the DoD's database in mere seconds, but can be taken down by humans with helicopters, liquid nitrogen, and ropes. (Or "hot" ammo rounds.)

Last edited by dadudemon on May 8th, 2009 at 01:24 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2009 01:19 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by ctsketch
Transformers G1 worked as a comic/toon,.....but if a live action movie was actually like it..... it would be really really weird....the bot forms would look cheesy....and colorful. the voice overs would be horrible, LOL. and the action would be lame.

Yeah, and though Megatron is and always will be awesome, being carried around as a gun isn't really bad-guyish...woulda been funny though.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 10:29 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

At least it would have been Transformers, though.

Its just one of those things that you have to give some licence to for it to work.

The thing has to be cool enough for the suspension of disbelief to work, granted. And Soundwave as was, and Megatron as was, would have worked, I believe, because of it's sublime nature. Not in spite of it.

That kind of command over matter would have been more Alienesque than the shitty generic Bug-from-space shit they seem to be churning out on these films.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 8th, 2009 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 02:24 PM
The Scribe

The movie wasn't animated.
Optimus didn't have his face plate.
The characters weren't like their original counterparts.

It wasn't the Transformers.
It will never be the Transformers again until someone like me gets a hold of the license. wink

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:01 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by The Scribe
The movie wasn't animated.
Optimus didn't have his face plate.
The characters weren't like their original counterparts.

It wasn't the Transformers.
It will never be the Transformers again until someone like me gets a hold of the license. wink

it's better when it isn't animated
Optimus does have is face plate when he is in combat
The characters are better than their originals, you can't have bumblebee being a bug, it works in the 80's in the cartoon but the camero suits him now. and you can't have Megatron being a gun, cause it is a usless thing to turn into.
1st movie rock 2nd one sucked.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 03:28 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote