KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Learner

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Learner
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Shiny. I'm betting Rianna hasn't met the Chancellor before...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 06:30 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Chancellor Valorum seeks the opinion of the Jedi Order in many matters, but it is not often that he invites Jedi Knights into his political meetings. Myraline has met him many times, but as her Padawan, you have not.

After a short shuttle ride and a stroll through the Senatorial building, you arrive at the Chancellor's office. Unlike the crimson red that will later dominate every aspect of these rooms, Valorum's quarters are brandeis blue with miniature statues of past chancellors and other galactic heroes standing on small pedastals. The Chancellor himself sits behind his desk, a wisened old man, his back to the panoramic window that looks out over the Coruscant horizon.

"Welcome, Master Jedi," Valorum greets, speaking a professional tone. "Master Windu, Master Kiros..." He falters when he realizes he does not know your name.

"My Padawan, Rianna," Myraline briefly introduces.

"Rianna," Valorum says, with a friendly smile. "You're just in time. Please, be seated. Senator Palpatine will be here at any moment."

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 4th, 2008 at 06:54 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 06:38 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will take a seat, basically deciding that she will happily leave all of the talking to Myraline, and not really thinking it likely that she will be asked anything anyway.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 06:43 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

After a brief wait, another politician joins you. This time, he is a kindly looking middle-aged man with red-brown hair that is going gray. He dons elegant Senatorial robes from his homeworld, robes in shades of emerald green, made of a silk-like material that is woven with beautiful symbols and patterns. He smiles generously and gives an awkward bow toward all present.

"Greetings, everyone!" Palpatine says. "I am so glad you could make it. I asked Valorum to personally invite a Jedi with great talent for politic matters. I assure you that this requires the utmost concentration and unbiased deliberation that I cannot possibly give alone. Oh, Master Windu! It has been too long."

"Senator Palpatine," Windu says, with a brief nod.

"Please be seated, Senator," Chancellor Valorum says. "We were just about to begin things."

The Senator seats himself next to you, Rianna.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 4th, 2008 at 07:30 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 07:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna glances over at Senator Palpatine before looking back ahead, already feeling that this mission is going to be incredibly boring for her.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 07:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Palpatine smiles warmly when you glance at him, but says nothing.

"Let us begin," Valorum says. "I am sure you all know of Beseedra. It is a technologically sophisticated world, notable for its advances in the fields of communications and robotics. Yearly they produce millions of droid models with an endless range of uses. But recently the Ministrate of Beseedra has increased government spending toward military projects. Senator Palpatine feels that it is possible that they are preparing for war."

"Why does this concern the Senator of Naboo?" Myraline asks.

"Naboo is of close proximity to Beseedra, Master Jedi," Palpatine says. "If the Beseedrans are preparing for conflict, I feel it is within my rights to determine whether or not my world will be threatened."

This may not be as dull as you thought, Rianna. Still dull, of course.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 07:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

Hmmm, yes...Rianna's mostly curious about why Beseedra would even be preparing for war at all, but she's not sure if she wants to ask right now; she can always ask Myraline later.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 01:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Master Windu seems to share your interest.

"Why would Beseedra prepare for war?" Mace asks. "They are economically and financially stable, they should have no reason for expansion."

"Unless perhaps they are being threatened," Myraline conjectures.

"I hadn't thought of that," Palpatine says. "But who would be threatening Beseedra? There are no worlds in that sector that could bring arms against them. Not with this stockpile that they are developing."

"In addition to aiding Senator Palpatine in negotiating restrictions upon their military developments, I have sought the help of the Jedi Order for other reasons as well," Valorum states. "Myraline, I understand that you are also a sharp investigator."

"I can be," Myraline replies.

"You will be tasked with discovering just what exactly is going on at Beseedra. Their reasons for building battle droids and new weapons should be uncovered, so that the Republic might stop them or aid them, depending on their motive or their plight."

"Yes, Chancellor."

"Furthermore, should it be proven that Beseedra has become a hostile environment, the Sentor will need protection. Rianna, I have heard that you are a remarkable swordsman despite your young age. Is this true?"

All eyes are on you.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 07:19 PM
Peach
mordrem

"I do spend a lot of time practicing my swordplay, yes..." Rianna replies, not entirely sure if she likes being the center of attention.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 08:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"She is an avid swordsman and martial artist, Chancellor," Myraline adds.

"Then she will be tasked with the protection of the Senator, with your assistance, Master Kiros."

Myraline looks slightly worried at the prospect of a young girl being charged with protecting the life of an important Senator, but she nods in acknowledgement.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 08:30 PM
Peach
mordrem

"I will do my best." Rianna says, nodding.

This just got much more interesting... she thinks to herself.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 08:36 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The Chancellor and his audience spend the rest of the meeting hammering out the details of the mission. Senator Palpatine refuses the security of Senatorial guards, expressing that they may present a hostile or even cowardly appearance to what should be an amiable mission of concern.

"I am confident that my Jedi companions will provide all the protection I require," Palpatine states, smiling at Myraline and yourself.

"Then it is settled," Chancellor Valorum states. "The Beseedran envoy will proceed tomorrow."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 08:45 PM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will remain seated until Myraline gets up to leave, then. She's sure that she's going to get lectured on how important this is and everything once Myraline gets a chance, too...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 08:58 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Palpatine actually wishes to speak with you, as Myraline is talking in private with Master Windu and Chancellor Valorum.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 06:05 AM
Peach
mordrem

Ahh. Rianna will go and speak with Palpatine, then.

"Yes, Senator?"

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 02:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Palpatine grins.

"So, you have been tasked as my protector, young Jedi. I trust that you will do well in this capacity and that you are as talented as your Master has said. Do you feel up to it?"

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:42 AM
Peach
mordrem

"It is certainly a larger task than I've ever had before..." Rianna says. "But I think I will be able to do well, Senator."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Most excellent news! Then I have no need to fear for my life, and I will share your confidence. But tell me, what other interests do you have? Presuming that my life will not be threatened, I do so enjoy talking with my protectors..."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 08:11 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Unfortunately my training takes most of my time right now, so I don't really have any time for any other interests...and I'm not the best conversationalist anyway." Rianna replies. "My Master is forever trying to get me more interested in politics, though..."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 07:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"A valuable interest to have, I assure you," Palpatine says. "Perhaps we can help each other, then. Save my life once or twice and I will share my knowledge with you of anything you like. Hopefully we will keep this interesting for each other, yes?"

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 05:52 PM