KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Learner

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Learner
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

You are three frames distant from him. Want to Blur in?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:20 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yes, indeed.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:21 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Xirdal Roch is not exactly a frail old man, but having dedicated his life to science he is not in peak physical condition. Unlike the youthful Rianna, who blurs up to him, even after a tiring duel with a painful end. 14 and 15 rolled says that the green lightsaber slashes uncomfortably close to the scientist, leaving his lab coat singed and inflicting 49 damage. The Combination is actually paid for by your extra Killer Instinct pool!

Roch's arrogantly calm demeanor fades as soon as you unleash that attack. But instead of pleading for his life, he tries shooting you. He puts a Fortune point into his shot, giving out 8 damage with a close-range shot.

---

Rianna: 9(2)/58/6

Roch: 49/8

---

"You won't stop me!" he raves. "My machines will rise from the flesh of the Galaxy!"

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 5th, 2009 at 03:36 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"No, they won't. Not ever," Rianna snaps at him, attacking with another Combination. Active Dodge him if needed.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:39 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna whirls about with another Combination, but misses as Roch stumbles backwards over his own feet while trying to avoid you. He frantically mashes at the control box, summoning battle droids into the room... but Rianna still has initiative and, for once, the dice favor her as I assume another Combination is made... 19 and 20.

The first swipe cleaves Roch's pistol from his hand, the parts clattering on the ground. Roch yelps and stumbles backwards, running into the stain-glass window. Then, Rianna spins around and drives the green lightsaber straight through Roch's stomach and through the window behind him. It cracks from the heat.

His jaw drops in surprise, then clenches tightly in anger. Before you can withdraw the blade, his free hand clamps down on your wrist and he uses the control box to smash the already cracked window... and he falls backwards, tugging on your wrist, several stories above the streets of Beseedad...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:46 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will try twisting her wrist to break his grip, while frantically grabbing onto whatever she can with her other hand to keep herself from falling.

"You are not bringing me down with you!" she shouts as she does so.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:57 AM
Peach
mordrem

(also, yes, I'm aware that she's going to be using her left hand to try and grab on to something to keep from going out the window, and as her shoulder's injured that's probably not going to work as well as I'd like, but hey...not much else she can do...stick out tongue)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:40 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Strength check... says that when Roch falls backwards out the window, you are yanked head over heels and get dragged with him, falling amidst a downpour of broken glass and into the cold air of Beseedra. He holds on with a grip stronger than someone of his physical stature, fueled by rage and oncoming death.

The ground rushes closer and closer. In order to break free from Roch, you hastily withdraw your lightsaber during the fall and vwum! send his arm flying off in a different direction.

And then you see them. The cranes that were operating outside the warehouse, loading the walkers with cannisters to distribute the virus. Timing yourself, you reach out and catch yourself on one. It nearly wrenches you arm off and you drop Jeph's lightsaber in the process.

Roch is not so lucky. He falls onto a crane, which snaps the lower part of his spine like a frail twig. He hangs there for a moment before the crane moves and he slides off. He smashes head-first into a patch of ice on the ground.

The control box he had with him also meets an ice patch and breaks into many tiny pieces. The droids that had come to the window to shoot at you freeze and move no more.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 10:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will slowly pull herself up so that she is on the crane instead of simply hanging from it, and then look for somewhere where she can get down off of it - either a spot where she can simply climb down, or if there's a nearby walker that she can jump on top of and then jump down from there.

She's just slightly unnerved at how close that was, and avoids looking both at the droids at the window above her and at Roch's body.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

After clutching to the crane for dear life for a few moments, you finally descend via cranes and a parked walker. You avert your gaze from Roch's broken form, but you check to make sure that the control box is indeed destroyed, before you collapse from exhaustion.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:34 PM
Peach
mordrem

Lying on the ground, Rianna closes her eyes and is unwilling to do much more than cast her senses around, to see if there is anyone else nearby and if she would be in any actual danger.

Where did she end up, anyway?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You reached the ground near the north entrance. You collapsed next to Roch's corpse.

You sense no danger to yourself, and the horrid gut-wrenching sensation that the Force had been sending you has been stopped by averting the disaster that Roch seeked to impose upon Beseedra. Satisfied, you drift into unconsciousness...

...and wake, a day later, in a large, comfortable bed. A woman stands above you, with skin that is tinted a greenish-yellow, remarkably blue eyes, and a purplish-black tattoo on her chin. She wears robes of a very deep shade of purple, with a simple flowing headress.

She is holding her hands, palm downwards, over you.

"How do you feel, Padawan?" she asks.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:14 PM
Peach
mordrem

"I...tired, mostly, I think. Better, though...thank you," Rianna says, glad that everything is over with. How are her injuries?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Master Unduli has applied bacta patches to the worst of your burns and your shoulder is tightly bound with fabric soaked in bacta and lined with mashed medicinal herbs in a traditional Jedi healing practice.

"It may be some time before you can fully use your arm again," Luminara warns you. "Please remember to be careful with it and do nothing to stress the healing wound. Myraline tells me you can be quite restless and take joy in duelling."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:42 PM
Peach
mordrem

"I will try, at least," Rianna replies, hoping that it won't be too long that she has to be careful while healing.

"Um...where is Master Myraline?" she asks after a moment.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Your master is resting," Luminara says. "The techno-virus has done extensive internal damage to her body. I sent Master Breshene to retrieve the vaccine from Roch's lab once we arrived on Beseedra, and I administered it to Myraline after duplicating it. She requires surgery to repair her body, but... the Force tells me that she will be well."

Luminara offers a sincere and comforting smile.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:58 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Oh...I was hoping I could talk to her. And I was curious about what happened, if anything, after I fell," Rianna says. Despite the fact that they never would have found out what was going on in time to stop it otherwise, she can't help feeling that it was her fault they were captured.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Luminara reveals that she and Clarion Breshene arrived on Beseedra after receiving urgent orders from the Council informing them of the treacheries that Roch was going to commit and that you were on the planet with Senator Palpatine and the young Padawan Ciira Treen.

You had already killed Roch at this point and so they faced no resistance. The droids were deactivated and the pirates had all fallen ill when they were freed from the control signal. Clarion, being a Master from Naboo, made a huge point of finding Palpatine before finding you and Myraline, and so it was Luminara that found you lying in the snow outside the warehouse.

Shortly after that, a blood-smeared and severely damaged Jarko clattered out of the warehouse, carrying a weakened Myraline. He told Luminara where she could find the cure to Roch's virus. Clarion set off to retrieve it while Luminara and Jarko took Myraline to the undercity to find the Ruling Council. The only person not murdered was General Usby, who was the only combat-trained person on the Council and blasted down the droids that tried to execute him.

You are currently in the government home of the deceased Chairman Kavell. Usby has taken the title of Chairman temporarily and informed the people of Beseedra what has happened and that the danger is over. Everyone knew something was going wrong anyways; the battle droids overran the undercity and kept everyone in their homes.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:29 PM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna takes in this information, thinking it over for a few moments.

"How long are we going to be staying on Beseedra, then? When will I be able to see Myraline? And, for that matter, am I allowed to get up and move around?" she asks. She also wonders if anyone else knows what happened when she confronted Roch, but doesn't want to ask about that, because she doesn't quite feel up to telling anyone about it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Myraline needs her rest," Luminara says. "Besides, she has more or less been unconscious since I arrived. As for how long we will be here, the new Chairman asked us to remain in the city to assist him in bringing stability to the planet. Roch's abuse of funds has made the Beseedrans skeptical of the government. And while I think you should remain in bed for your rest... yes, you may move around."

Luminara removes the bindings around your lightsaber wound, in order to apply fresh wrappings. She is very interested in how you sustained a lightsaber wound...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 07:24 PM