KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SmileyPredator
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haven't seen this trailer, sweet!

Old Post May 14th, 2012 09:13 AM
SmileyPredator is currently offline Click here to Send SmileyPredator a Private Message Find more posts by SmileyPredator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Anyone managed to get into Diablo 3? I keep getting the stupid error 37 message. Aahhhhh!!

Old Post May 15th, 2012 07:52 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I was playing for a few hours last night after release. Took about an hour to log on, but once I was in I had no problems.

Was fun. Great pacing and smashing demons with the Barbarian felt great.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 05:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wrong thread haha

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 15th, 2012 07:57 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

The game doesn't really require much computer strength as I thought it would. I started a Wizard and finished a little bit of Act II with some friends. We're about level 16 right now.

I only got to level 3 earlier on when the Americas server went down last night. I switched it to Europe for a little while just to get my fix and to screw with other heroes. Monk is a bad ass and probably has the best accent for the game, right behind Dhalsim himself. I still think I'll stick with mage though.

Bout to go get some more weed and booze for today. Maybe a damn mic.

TGFwashere

Old Post May 16th, 2012 06:43 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Finished it last night. On Act 2 in Nightmare mode. big grin

Game's fuuuun....

Old Post May 17th, 2012 07:42 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Story spoilers plz.

Old Post May 17th, 2012 10:28 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Wow... wizard is amazing

TGFwashere

Old Post May 17th, 2012 06:08 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Just for those thinking of doing Wizard. Uber DPS Wizards are awesome in Normal and Nightmare mode. You can basically DPS-blitz most mobs via Archon mode.

However, in Hell mode, make sure you have Preparation H ready as you get raped by mobs over and over and over again. Mobs have a TON of health and they can def kill you long before you kill them. Even with good teammates, there will be several mobs you'll be fighting that'll just run around pwning everything in close quarters that'll kill you over and over. stick out tongue

Playing a stun/CC mage now. Heard tank mage is also good.

For great Hell+ characters that are ezmode to play, go Monk > Barb > WD.

I'm level 56 now, almost done with Act 2 in Hell mode.

Old Post May 19th, 2012 10:32 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

DING! 60! LOL. big grin

Old Post May 20th, 2012 09:35 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Diablo (hell) down! big grin Anyone in inferno diff yet?

Old Post May 20th, 2012 06:24 PM
dadudemon

Lol. K.

I have owned this game for about 18 hours, now, and I have not gotten a single chance to play it...and that's not without trying.

Seriously, I can't believe this. I read about this but I did not think it was true. IT'S TRUE! hahaha

Oh man...

Blizzard didn't have several servers in a "warm" setup ready to go live in case of overzealous consumption of their resources? You'd think with BILLIONS of dollars at their disposal, they'd do a much better job at launch. Maybe it's because I work in IT and I know how to design a data-center from the ground up. Or MAYBE any newb IT professional could have created a better hosting system. smile So what gives? smile Oh, right: they hired a 19 year old kid to design their hosting system.

Offline mode sounds nice. LAN mode sounds nice. Straight online gameplay at all times for a single player game does not sound nice. oh well.

I may ask for a refund.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 10:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I never had a problem with Diablo 3 except for an hour or so after the midnight launch. To be fair, the ping is rather high(~200ms) most of the time, but that's not much of a problem because of how the game handles combat.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 01:47 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 02:29 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Just for those thinking of doing Wizard. Uber DPS Wizards are awesome in Normal and Nightmare mode. You can basically DPS-blitz most mobs via Archon mode.

However, in Hell mode, make sure you have Preparation H ready as you get raped by mobs over and over and over again. Mobs have a TON of health and they can def kill you long before you kill them. Even with good teammates, there will be several mobs you'll be fighting that'll just run around pwning everything in close quarters that'll kill you over and over. stick out tongue

Playing a stun/CC mage now. Heard tank mage is also good.

For great Hell+ characters that are ezmode to play, go Monk > Barb > WD.

I'm level 56 now, almost done with Act 2 in Hell mode.

Haha the funny thing is that I pretty much assumed Wiz would get raped later on without gearing it to the max. But I have been leveling barb with my girlfriends lady barb and we got them to 40. I thought wiz was crazy fun to play but barb is just a rape fest in nightmare. Did a little bit of hell and It was still decent but i was way undergeard for that.

I do see people complain about this game but we are having a shit ton of fun. Got 30 hours in on my barb and Ive only had trouble playing since the first day launch. Still the best 120 Ive spent

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on May 22nd, 2012 at 05:43 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 05:41 PM
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prince of persia games are the best hope you played the forgoten sands

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 08:32 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
You should be mad at Blizzard.

This is the third video of this dude's I have seen. I love this guy. He's always spot on.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 10:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by dadudemon
Lol. K.

I have owned this game for about 18 hours, now, and I have not gotten a single chance to play it...and that's not without trying.

Seriously, I can't believe this. I read about this but I did not think it was true. IT'S TRUE! hahaha

Oh man...

Blizzard didn't have several servers in a "warm" setup ready to go live in case of overzealous consumption of their resources? You'd think with BILLIONS of dollars at their disposal, they'd do a much better job at launch. Maybe it's because I work in IT and I know how to design a data-center from the ground up. Or MAYBE any newb IT professional could have created a better hosting system. smile So what gives? smile Oh, right: they hired a 19 year old kid to design their hosting system.

Offline mode sounds nice. LAN mode sounds nice. Straight online gameplay at all times for a single player game does not sound nice. oh well.

I may ask for a refund.

You're still having problems?

The first 24 hours were rough as all hell, but since then it's been fairly smooth, I've been playing a few hours a day without any trouble outside of occasional lag spikes. If you're still having problems even now it's probably not a problem with Blizzard's servers, but maybe a problem with your connection or perhaps your router simply isn't playing nice with Blizzard's servers, I've heard problems of that type are happening because of how the servers send data to users, according to Blizzard.

Still, I don't like how they've pretty much confined the game to MMO server side rules, meaning everything that happens in the game occurs on Blizzard's servers - deciding what monsters spawn, what loot drops, the layout of the dungeons and so on. It makes it so the game starts suffering the same problems as MMO games do. It's unfortunate. Because it's a damn fun game when it's working properly.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
You're still having problems?

The first 24 hours were rough as all hell, but since then it's been fairly smooth, I've been playing a few hours a day without any trouble outside of occasional lag spikes.

I am going to give it a try, now.

If you're still having problems even now it's probably not a problem with Blizzard's servers, but maybe a problem with your connection

lol

No. I can play a bit over a dozen games just fine, online, my ping time is less than 100 ms, my up and down are both over 5 mbps, and my bill is always paid on time. I was hosting up to three players, in borderlands, just minutes prior trying to connect to Diablo III (I thought I would give it a go, again).

or perhaps your router simply isn't playing nice with Blizzard's servers, I've heard problems of that type are happening because of how the servers send data to users, according to Blizzard.

I have not heard of this unless my router is blocking specific ports (it is...). There's no way that that explanation could be true, however, as it is working fine.

I figured out the problem, though: the first time I tried to log in, too many people were on. The second time, servers were down. Third time, servers were down. Forth time, servers were down. Fifth time, servers were down. Sixth time, the servers were down. Seventh time, the servers were down. Eight time, the servers were down for maintenance.

Still, I don't like how they've pretty much confined the game to MMO server side rules, meaning everything that happens in the game occurs on Blizzard's servers - deciding what monsters spawn, what loot drops, the layout of the dungeons and so on. It makes it so the game starts suffering the same problems as MMO games do. It's unfortunate. Because it's a damn fun game when it's working properly.

Bingo.

If I like the game, we can play together.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 05:14 AM
BackFire

Well the servers are up and running right now, maybe try again. Good luck.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 05:41 AM