KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

http://mises.org/daily/6435/A-Virtu...ideo-Game-World

Interesting economic analysis of the current Diablo 3 situation, where crippling hyperinflation has seen gold plummet to a ten thousandth of its real world value within a year due to the design of the economy. Yup, gold in May 2012 went for $30 for 100,000. More recently, 25 cents would get you ten million, and that's just the official price that the black marker was undercutting.

A warning to those doing this sort of thing in future. The lead designer on D3 already said a while back that the real money auction house was a mistake.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 24th, 2013 07:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

This doesn't surprise me at all. The RMT broke that game so badly.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 24th, 2013 07:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The real money auction house was an enormous mistake. Really is probably the reason why the itemization was so boring in this game for so long.

Old Post May 24th, 2013 10:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The flipside, though, is that it's been a very popular mistake. D3 has sold like crazy, which seems worrying.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 25th, 2013 07:23 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

It has. I think the sales are more in spite of the RMAH, rather than because of it. It's done nothing but hurt the longevity of the game. Hell, I'd say the same about the Gold AH. Good items being so easily obtainable made the item hunt more or less pointless at end game, which is the draw of these types of games.

A shame, because I think there's a lot the game does really well. I still play it. But most of the good is overshadowed by the feeling of pointlessness that rests of killing monsters for loot that is almost certainly going to be completely worthless.

Old Post May 25th, 2013 10:09 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I picked up the PS3 version last night on a whim and am pretty pleased.

The lack of AH, along with the itemization changes that were incorporated into the console version have made the game a lot more fun. Getting a rare item is actually exciting now, and getting a legendary item pretty much guarantees a great item, as opposed to the slight possibility of an item that isn't garbage.

The game controls very well with a controller, and the added dodge maneuver creates a new dynamic that makes the combat feel a bit more reactionary and dangerous.

Right now, the console version is the best version available, that much is clear. And it'll probably stay that way till the Reaper of Souls expansion that was recently announced. I highly recommend this version of the game.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:26 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire

The lack of AH, along with the itemization changes that were incorporated into the console version have made the game a lot more fun. Getting a rare item is actually exciting now, and getting a legendary item pretty much guarantees a great item, as opposed to the slight possibility of an item that isn't garbage.

Yeah its like playing Diablo 2 all over again

i've also heard regarding the difficulty, With the PC version when you play on the harder difficulties it still doesn't feel that hard (From what i hear), But with the console one it does.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:52 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

The PC version feels hard on the hardest difficulty (Inferno,MP10) until you get some really amazing gear.

I can't say on the console since I'm only level 21.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 02:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also what's that Auction house all about with the PC one

sounds like Micro-Transaction bs.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 03:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So who uses what class?
Im a Witch Doctor lvl 31 atm.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 01:59 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

On the PC I have a 60 Barb who is Plevel 87, and a 60 Wizard who is Plevel 13 or so.

On the console I've got a level 40 Monk

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 09:02 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Im lvl 35 with the Witch Doctor now I have a lvl 24 Wizard as well.
Wizard started off shitty for me compared to the Witch Doctor since he has the minions and they keep the enemy occupied and I barely get killed not the same with the mage since you are alone.Now Im already feeling more powerful with him at lvl 24 and I havent even gotten meteor and blizzard.

I love both cant wait to unlock zombie bears that skill looks badass.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 09:17 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Blizzard just announced that they're removing the Auction House from the PC version in March. Great news.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 08:30 PM
Impediment
Endless

I just bought the the PS3 version, and I'm now a Lv. 12 Demon Hunter.

Holy shit, this game is fun!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 09:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I don't own it, but I've been playing with some friends on console. I'm a lvl 9 Monk. It's been fun and I'm enjoying the class a lot.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 03:50 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Hi guys!

I know about the expansion, but since ps3 will be cheaper when ps4 comes out.

Does the ps3 allow vs mode? I quit d3 on pc for over a year.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 11:22 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Anyone here still playing this?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 04:53 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So... this game with the Reaper of Souls expansion is coming out for next gen on Tuesday. I'm thinking I might give it a go. I've never really been into Diablo, but I've heard some great things.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 04:32 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Its pretty good.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 04:37 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shahbazzz
Restricted

Account Restricted

nice

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 02:56 PM
shahbazzz is currently offline Click here to Send shahbazzz a Private Message Find more posts by shahbazzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote