KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

It gets boring once you level cap, unless you have people to play with.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 12:45 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
It gets boring once you level cap, unless you have people to play with.
How long does that take?

PWNT

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 01:39 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Arachnid1
How long does that take?

You'll still have tens of hours of play before you cap. But that can be in the blink of an eye for a gamer.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 11:02 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by Arachnid1
So... this game with the Reaper of Souls expansion is coming out for next gen on Tuesday. I'm thinking I might give it a go. I've never really been into Diablo, but I've heard some great things.

It's fantastic. They're well-designed games but I am admittedly a bit biased. I grew up on this series and played with my closest friends for hours on end during the weekends.

The addition of several changes, such as "Adventure Mode", has really turned the game into something special and has given it ENORMOUS replay value. It already had it but this extended it nicely.

It's a blast, especially with other people. Give it a go! Seriously!

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 08:51 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah it's good. And there's a new content patch coming out in a couple of weeks that are adding more stuff, which will be put onto the console version as well at some point.

I play the PC version and that's where I'm staying, but the console version should be just as good.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 12:08 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deepdoop

Reaper of Souls and the Loot 2.0 update and all the other patches and updates they've created since release have taken Diablo 3 from being a good game with some serious flaws to an amazing game with one big flaw.

I was never on the Diablo 3 hatewagon. Even before all the big changes I still enjoyed the game, but the changes they've made have been enormous. The massive amount of loot with Loot 2.0 is awesome and you're getting legandary items like crazy, whereas in my fist playthrough I only got a couple in dozens of hours.

Reaper of Souls is a fantastic expansion as well. The new Act is the best part of the game, because it has a ton of events, great loot and an incredible soundtrack. It also adds some other things like Adventure Mode, which yes I know people have mentioned before in this thread :P. There's a lot to love with what they've done with it.

My only problem with the game at this point is simply the level progression. To Blizzard's credit, they've done what they can to tweak the system, but in order to truly fix it they'll need a game overhaul... which ain't happening. What I mean by this is that it's stupid that we have no control over how our character progresses up until the level cap. Sure, you can switch your abilities around but that's so lightweight it's silly. They've got ways to up your stats once you level cap, but it only eases the pain a little bit, because at that point you aren't getting new skills when you level up so it's still very minor.

But I do love Diablo 3. I put probably 150 hours into it before I quit, and just yesterday I considered breaking it out again but my brother wasn't feelin' it so we didn't.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 12:59 PM
deepdoop is currently offline Click here to Send deepdoop a Private Message Find more posts by deepdoop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah it's good. And there's a new content patch coming out in a couple of weeks that are adding more stuff, which will be put onto the console version as well at some point.

I play the PC version and that's where I'm staying, but the console version should be just as good.

Console has better controls actually. Atleast for range characters since you can move/dodge and shoot at the same time.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:42 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I play this smile

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 04:52 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by deepdoop
I was never on the Diablo 3 hatewagon. Even before all the big changes I still enjoyed the game, but the changes they've made have been enormous. The massive amount of loot with Loot 2.0 is awesome and you're getting legandary items like crazy, whereas in my fist playthrough I only got a couple in dozens of hours.

Reaper of Souls is a fantastic expansion as well. The new Act is the best part of the game, because it has a ton of events, great loot and an incredible soundtrack. It also adds some other things like Adventure Mode, which yes I know people have mentioned before in this thread :P. There's a lot to love with what they've done with it.

^ That. All of that.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 05:09 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote