KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think they should at least release a sizable demo next year sad

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:28 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The Monk looks sick. Nothing is cooler than ***** slapping Diablo.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 01:03 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Blizzard and I are on a breakup after this Diablo 3 BS.

Because they're doing the same thing they've always done?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 01:08 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
The Monk looks sick. Nothing is cooler than ***** slapping Diablo.

The only problem I have with most of the classes so far is theres A: not a knight class, a character with heavy armour which i was hoping was going to be in the game in the form of a paladin or an actual knight.

B: most characters look very tribal and nomadic in design, the idea of all the classes except for the Wizard seems to be a tribal feel, for example the new Monk looks more of a supersticious kung fu artist rather than a holy man although hes prob further away from the tribal idea than the Witch doctor and the barbarian, the shamantistic and nomadic barb look alongside the witch doctor who obviously looks alike to a jungle sorceror.

I think the only nomadic/tribal one should have been the barbarian like he always is, I miss the old paladin and Necromancer although I guess looking at him the Witchdoctor will be fun. Regardless ill be playing a mage wink

If ofc the game ever comes out roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 11:27 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I really wanted a Paladin too sad

Oh well, there's always an expansion pack...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 11:37 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Burning thought
The only problem I have with most of the classes so far is theres A: not a knight class, a character with heavy armour which i was hoping was going to be in the game in the form of a paladin or an actual knight.

B: most characters look very tribal and nomadic in design, the idea of all the classes except for the Wizard seems to be a tribal feel, for example the new Monk looks more of a supersticious kung fu artist rather than a holy man although hes prob further away from the tribal idea than the Witch doctor and the barbarian, the shamantistic and nomadic barb look alongside the witch doctor who obviously looks alike to a jungle sorceror.

I think the only nomadic/tribal one should have been the barbarian like he always is, I miss the old paladin and Necromancer although I guess looking at him the Witchdoctor will be fun. Regardless ill be playing a mage wink

If ofc the game ever comes out roll eyes (sarcastic)

The monk is an Eastern monk, not a Western one.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 01:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well still, as i said, the design is certainly the way of having characters that look more nomadic and wild than from an urban civalisation.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 01:45 PM
ares834

True... Perhaps it has somthing to do with the destruction of the worldstone.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 08:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

prob some sense in it, I guess Diablo and demons flowing into the world cannot be good for civalisation either but they could at least let there be a civalised armoured knight or some sort as the final character, weve got a fairly corrupt and twisted sorceror (witch doctor) as well as a clean and powerful mage, weve got our barbarian and now our holy paladin figuire in the monk, although I guess now we need a ranged fighter ,an amazon esque character. I wouldnt be surprised what with the current character selection she will be a huntress or some sort with a wild and nomadic look about her.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 11:09 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Burning thought
prob some sense in it, I guess Diablo and demons flowing into the world cannot be good for civalisation either but they could at least let there be a civalised armoured knight or some sort as the final character, weve got a fairly corrupt and twisted sorceror (witch doctor) as well as a clean and powerful mage, weve got our barbarian and now our holy paladin figuire in the monk, although I guess now we need a ranged fighter ,an amazon esque character. I wouldnt be surprised what with the current character selection she will be a huntress or some sort with a wild and nomadic look about her.

Yea, and I'm not liking this one bit.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:37 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

My call, Tyreal is the last boss.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:28 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wow, playing as the wizard seems badass. Running around making people explode: Yes please! I also like that she can do combo's. But I really like that she has a LAZA!

In fact the only one who doesn't look that epic is the Witch-doctor and even he looks kinda cool. Hopefully I'll get this.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 07:45 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Bump

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 08:49 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

They sure are keeping us waiting. Hopefully it's going to be worth it.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 08:56 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Apparently, some people are getting pissed about the "features" in Diablo III.

Sure, the video is funny, but he does bring up good points. I'm leaning towards a "no" on Diablo III.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 08:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Rage at successful companies is always a bit mystifying to me. Criticism, sure. But you wouldn't be livid at a company if they first didn't do some amazing things to draw you in.

It's just sort of a cultural zeitgeist...as soon as company gets big enough and tries, well, anything out of the ordinary, they'll probably stay big but it becomes vogue to hate on them (remember the Steam outrage?)

For another example, WoW has actually never been more balanced in terms of class dps or heals in its entire history. If it was as buggy and imbalanced and as infrequently updated as it was at launch or even previous expansions, no one would play. But to hear any game-rage on it, you'd think it was the opposite.

Diablo III, fortunately, hasn't appealed to me from the start. Subsequent changes haven't done anything to persuade me, so I'll be steering clear.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 10:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The weapons/armor market drove me away from the game.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 11:50 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
Apparently, some people are getting pissed about the "features" in Diablo III.

Sure, the video is funny, but he does bring up good points. I'm leaning towards a "no" on Diablo III.
Holy ****ing shit, what a fatass. Dude had the most preposteringly annoying voice.

That said, he did make some valid points.

It being online only is ****ing stupid, as being able to use actual money to "buy" your way into the game.

Oh, but the worst thing is... The male Barbarian will no longer be the Barbarian from 2.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

**** you blizzard

i'll be sticking with Diablo 2 then even if it is 10 years old.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 06:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A beta invite appeared in my inbox a couple days ago.

The game is still fun, still retains much of what made the original fun. Finding good loot is still very satisfying and the dungeons themselves are pretty well done.

That said, there are some things in the game that I don't like.

For one, the skill trees are gone. In their place you have a Guild Wars style spell management system, where you have to pick and choose which spells you have active (by putting them on your spell bar). You unlock specific spells at various levels. I suppose they did this so that people didn't think they were just ripping off talent trees from WoW (ironic since Diablo did it first), but instead it feels like they're ripping off guild wars.

Also, right now spell casters are rather lame. They implemented a mechanic that causes spell damage to be tied to the damage that your equipped weapon does. For example, a spell description will say that this spell does 110% weapon damage. This make little sense, and now you have no incentive to actually have mage staves or what have you, you get the most spell damage by having a big ass 2 handed sword equipped on your ranged wizard. I imagine this will be altered before the game is released, but still worth mentioning because it's so dumb.

The crafting system is very good and a fun way to get good armor. It gives you something to do with all the crappy generic loot you find that you can't lose if you don't want to just sell them all.

I've not played much. Only played a Barbarian and a Wizard. The barbarian was very fun, the wizard, not so much.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote