KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What If???

What If???
Started by: shksprtx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tjcoady

quote: (post)
Originally posted by basilisk

[B]WHAT IF... Jesus not died? (in the Marvel Universe)

Jesus chooses not to die for the sins of man, but instead remains on earth to preach his beliefs, with diminished powers. Earth develops a different form of Christianity but still based on his beliefs and teachings.

As the centuries pass Jesus continues to use his abilities to help man, coming into conflict with beings such as Apocalypse, Selene, and Dracula, and living into the age of Marvels.

He becomes a founding member of the Avengers, even converting Thor to Christianity, and helping protect the world against the rise of a new generation of threats such as Dr. Doom, Magneto, and the Juggernaut, alien invasions, and supernatural incursions into the earthly plane.

Eventually, the star-god Galactus arrives to consume the earth. In the ensuing battle with earth's heroes the Silver Surfer is killed but Galactus cannot be stopped. Finally, rather than see his precious earth destroyed, Jesus chooses to become the new Herald of Galactus, pledging to lead him away from inhabited worlds and down a more peaceful path.
In return earth is spared, and once again Jesus becomes remembered for sacrificing himself for all mankind.

"Jesus Christ: Consumer of Worlds" sounds like the greatest comic imaginable.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 02:18 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by tjcoady
"Jesus Christ: Consumer of Worlds" sounds like the greatest comic imaginable.

Never mind. Looks like we are just stuck with an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent being taking on human form, resurrected and is constantly caring for us.

Sucks to be us. big grin

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 05:56 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by willRules
Never mind. Looks like we are just stuck with an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent being taking on human form, resurrected and is constantly caring for us.

Sucks to be us. big grin

You're talking about Galactus, right?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 07:19 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by tjcoady
You're talking about Galactus, right?

laughing

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 07:30 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

what if Ironman caused the accident with nitro that started the superhero civil war. =P would of made things a lil more interesting... humm anyone have any idea how that would of turned out? lol

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 11:59 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Most likely, Iron Man's years of service and high-standing in the hero community would make people realize exactly what happened- a super villain killed people, and it wasn't in any way a hero's fault, and the Marvel Universe would have continued normally.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 02:29 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

WHAT IF... Jesus not died? (in the Marvel Universe)

Jesus chooses not to die for the sins of man, but instead remains on earth to preach his beliefs, with diminished powers. Earth develops a different form of Christianity but still based on his beliefs and teachings.

As the centuries pass Jesus continues to use his abilities to help man, coming into conflict with beings such as Apocalypse, Selene, and Dracula, and living into the age of Marvels.

He becomes a founding member of the Avengers, even converting Thor to Christianity, and helping protect the world against the rise of a new generation of threats such as Dr. Doom, Magneto, and the Juggernaut, alien invasions, and supernatural incursions into the earthly plane.

Eventually, the star-god Galactus arrives to consume the earth. In the ensuing battle with earth's heroes the Silver Surfer is killed but Galactus cannot be stopped. Finally, rather than see his precious earth destroyed, Jesus chooses to become the new Herald of Galactus, pledging to lead him away from inhabited worlds and down a more peaceful path.
In return earth is spared, and once again Jesus becomes remembered for sacrificing himself for all mankind.
lulz

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 03:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

what if wolverine had died instead of sabertooth?

what if they actually got over their hatred of each other denounced their allegiances and teamed up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 05:12 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM

what if they actually got over their hatred of each other denounced their allegiances and teamed up
most wolverine comics would suck.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 11:55 AM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

sabertooth is a way better read than logan imo

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 03:00 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by carnage52
most wolverine comics would suck.

How is that a "What If?"

All Wolverine comics already DO suck.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 06:40 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if Hitler was a muslim.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 12:59 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

What If- Batman receive a Green Lantern ring

What If- Thor became a hearlder of Galactus

What If- Majestic replace Superman

What If- Rune King Thor had aided Captain America during the Civil War

What If - Galactus from black celestial arc didn't blink himself out of existence

What If- Black Adam receive the power of Shazam instead of Billy Baston

What If - Thanos never die by the hands of Drax during Annihilation

What If- Darkseid had defeated Zeus and Odin of his universe

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 12:35 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
What if Hitler was a muslim.

The Authority basically went to a Universe like that during Mark Millar's run.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 12:39 AM
Nestical
The dead,are not silent

Originally posted by spidey-dude
what if lisa acutally asked screech to marry her

laughing

I'M A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYWHERE SO I'M NOWHERE AT ALL

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 01:13 PM
Nestical is currently offline Click here to Send Nestical a Private Message Find more posts by Nestical Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nestical
The dead,are not silent

[B]
He becomes a founding member of the Avengers, even converting Thor to Christianity,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'M A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYWHERE SO I'M NOWHERE AT ALL

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 01:19 PM
Nestical is currently offline Click here to Send Nestical a Private Message Find more posts by Nestical Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Originally posted by Nestical
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus would own Thor so hard. Thor'd be like: Thou fancies thyself a god? And Jesus would be like: I am the way, the truth and the life. Then Jesus would turn Mjolnir into bread and shit. Then, he'd turn Thor's tears into wine and he'd feed all the people in my neighborhood.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 04:26 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

What if: Spider-man made a deal with Mephisto. Would've made a great WHAT IF story. All five pages of it.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 10:09 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by the Darkone
What If- Batman receive a Green Lantern ring

What If- Thor became a hearlder of Galactus

What If- Majestic replace Superman

What If- Rune King Thor had aided Captain America during the Civil War

What If - Galactus from black celestial arc didn't blink himself out of existence

What If- Black Adam receive the power of Shazam instead of Billy Baston

What If - Thanos never die by the hands of Drax during Annihilation

What If- Darkseid had defeated Zeus and Odin of his universe

Not only several of those What ifs exist, but one of them is also cannon for Black Adam.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 10:34 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

what if shazam never had a lawsuit againt it?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 03:10 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote