KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4: Salvation

Terminator 4: Salvation
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by barand1
I'm assuming there will be the cut we've seen and a 'director's cut' (30-40 minutes).
That's what I hope they'll do.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:02 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

I really liked it. I went into the cinema not expecting much (thanks to the reviews) but was left actually feeling uplifted and excited. I wanted more.

I wish I did the same and felt the same after watching the movie!! I only read what the story was about. I didn't read anyone's reviews or opinions on the film. I didn't want it spoiled for me see. But from reading what the movie was about, it was pretty predictable. I think that's one of the things that disappointed me about this movie.

The ending seemed like a rush rewrite from the one we know was leaked (and probably was).

Yes it did, I totally agree with you regarding the way the film ended. It was like: "We attacked Skynet, but dude was holed up somewhere else, so we’re gonna try churning out another movie to track it down and play you suckas out of your hard earned cash!" Almost as bad as T3's ending...

I thought Christian Bale was good as Connor, although thinking back Nick Stahl's portrayal of the character seemed more human.

Alls I can remember of the future John Connor in T2: JD was how he had this cold look about him, as if his stare could strike a man down. Also that guy commanded so much respect from his soldiers. Just the way he looks into his binoculars to see what's going on in the battlefield. I remember the guy having such a cold look about him that I thought he might have been a Terminator himself! I think this is why Bale made a better Connor than Stahl, cos at times Bale can have that cold look about him.

The film did lack the emotional punch of the first two films, but I felt invested in the characters.

Totally agree with the lack of emotion, but I didn't feel invested in the characters. However when compared to T3, I would say that this film had more [decent'ish] characters.

As for the story; I thought it was a rather good, not great, but a high marked good story that left me wanting a T5 to happen as soon as. It's the only Terminator film that doesn't feel like a Terminator film...

I felt that Terminator Salvation felt like more of a Terminator film than T3: ROTM did...Seeing things like how the humans were captured was way better than I imagined. I actually thought Skynet would program some of the T-600s / T-800s / whatever to go out and search and capture humans. But no, getting bigger machines, and ones that fly, to do the trick was awesome, I thought. And the Terminators that stood guard over the prisons felt very chilling...

...but I think as fans we should accept change and I honestly don't think this is a bad change or change for the sake of change. I'm hoping if things still go to plan then we will get that post Judgement Day future we've all been wanting - but - until then, this is a satisfactory starter.

This is the thing about Terminator. The first and second are classics. Therefore anything that follows should strive to be as good as if not better than the first and second movie. The first two Terminator movies make it very hard for me to accept change. Does that mean I'm not a true fan? I don't think it does. Terminator is James Cameron's baby and I strongly feel after watching T3 and Salvation that it should be told his way or not at all.

Now I know as a movie fan I am placing a lot of expectations and hopes on any new Terminator movies made without James Cameron but...as well as being a Terminator fan, I'm a fan of James Cameron (although I have not seen and have no intentions of watching Titanic.) When this guy comes up with his own stories, it's like magic; he creates such a wonderful illusion.

Really enjoyed the 'Arnold cameo'. Things started to feel Terminator-esque, although it only made me wish it was the 'real' Arnold.

I thought that part was pure genius! I really enjoyed it and it made me feel like I was watching T1 again. It's funny how Salvation felt like I was watching Sarah and Reece trying to escape from the T-800 in the Cyberdyne factory in the original Terminator.

Sadly though, this movie was not for me, and I think any further developments will fail to capture my attention. Good luck to McG or whoever directs / produces the fifth instalment (if there is going to be one).

-U

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 07:39 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I enjoyed the movie. Not better than 1 and 2 but superior to 3. I loved the Ahnold cameo and the terminator theme when he showed up was priceless. The factory scene looked too similar to the factory scene on T2. Overall, not the greatest movie but enjoyable nonetheless.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 04:28 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Dropped another 50% at the box office this week. It's only at $200 million worldwide, and falling fast.
With the financial crisis hitting even the film industry, causing studios to walk away from properties that are box office iffy (as Warner Bros. walked away from The Golden Compass series), how long before Warner Bros. announces the Terminator series is over?
Give it until the end of the year. They always wait long as possible to break bad news (because they have to figure out who gets fired.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 06:03 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by roughrider
Dropped another 50% at the box office this week. It's only at $200 million worldwide, and falling fast.
With the financial crisis hitting even the film industry, causing studios to walk away from properties that are box office iffy (as Warner Bros. walked away from The Golden Compass series), how long before Warner Bros. announces the Terminator series is over?
Give it until the end of the year. They always wait long as possible to break bad news (because they have to figure out who gets fired.)

Obviously this isn't good news. The film did hit the No. 1 spot in more than 30 territories though, so here's hoping that more income comes from international market. I guess Warner Bros. will consider anything once the DVD is out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 06:24 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Watching this film...it felt like it was trying to go in too many directions....there are more things i dislike then like about the movie...first off...Bale....i am just not a fan..and his John Connor lacked any depth for me....the plots were really weak and the ending was horrible.......i will admit to smiling like a child when i saw Arnolds terminater...but thats about it.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:41 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Obviously this isn't good news. The film did hit the No. 1 spot in more than 30 territories though, so here's hoping that more income comes from international market. I guess Warner Bros. will consider anything once the DVD is out.

This film would have to break $400 million worldwide, if they want to consider moving forward. Seems a stretch now.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

According to Box Office Mojo the total so far is...

Domestic: $113,923,159
+ Foreign: $99,105,311

= Worldwide: $213,028,470

Is a stretch sad

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:55 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by roughrider
This film would have to break $400 million worldwide, if they want to consider moving forward. Seems a stretch now.
Yeah, it does seem like a stretch. McG and co. really screwed this one up.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:31 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

christian bale was the weakest part of this movie for sure. the man cant act in any different ways then he did in batman; he has no variety. everytime i heard him yell i thought batman any time he looked sad i thought bruce wayne. he has NO variety in his acting ability. plus hes overexposed. how am i supposed to enjoy the movie and accept bale as john connor when as im walking into the theater i walk past a poster for a new gangster movie with his face plastered all over it.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:30 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

well he was better than the guy in T3

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:14 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

eh it depends. the other guy had somewhat okay acting ability and he was an unknown which made it easier to believe he was who he said he was. what made sam worthington's role so good in this movie is because i feel he s a good actor and i hadnt really heard of him up until this point.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 02:14 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

all i saw in that guy from T3 was some pussy who got his gun stolen from him by some girl, and then shoved into a cage, Sarah Conner must've been turning in her grave, or whatever

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 03:08 PM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Originally posted by stickman618
all i saw in that guy from T3 was some pussy who got his gun stolen from him by some girl, and then shoved into a cage, Sarah Conner must've been turning in her grave, or whatever

Well said!!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 08:30 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Yeah, it does seem like a stretch. McG and co. really screwed this one up.

Far be it from me to make excuses for Salvation or anyone connected with it but couldn't the current financial climate play a part in the movie not making much money?

I waited until I could buy a two for one ticket before I went to watch it. (Glad I did now...)

-U

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 08:33 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by U Neek
Far be it from me to make excuses for Salvation or anyone connected with it but couldn't the current financial climate play a part in the movie not making much money?

I waited until I could buy a two for one ticket before I went to watch it. (Glad I did now...)

-U

Box office doesn't seem to be a problem for films like Star Trek and Up, which have performed above what was expected of them. Of course, they were also highly acclaimed.
Hell I'm shocked by how well received The Hangover was - critically and comercially.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:11 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

-U
It could, sure, but X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Star Trek was able to pull down 300 million in total gross in a month. I just don't see that happening with Terminator, which leads me to believe that the blame rests on those who made it.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:13 AM
barand1

-U

It's known that people flock to go and see movies at the cinema when there is a financial crises, to escape the reality of depression. Salvation isn't doing that well, although it's not that bad. It's a slow burner and the flame is getting dimmer each week. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is below Salvation when it comes to a good enough story and and entertainment value, but people still went to see it. Both films could have been better than they were/are.

Don't forget the majority of audiences were left stale after T3, which could have put them off Salvation and anything new relating to Terminator. Take that with a medicore TV series and you have a low turn out and little expectation of a quality film. Hopefully the DVD release will find a bigger audience.

Last edited by barand1 on Jun 17th, 2009 at 07:44 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 07:41 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Don't forget the majority of audiences were left stale after T3, which could have put them off Salvation and anything new relating to Terminator.

I agree with that. I feel that's what happened to the Incredible Hulk last summer, where people believed it was a sequel to the abomination that was Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 08:49 AM
U Neek
Mr

Don't forget the majority of audiences were left stale after T3, which could have put them off Salvation and anything new relating to Terminator. Take that with a medicore TV series and you have a low turn out and little expectation of a quality film.

I did think that. If people did stay away from Salvation as a result of T3: ROTM then a fifth installment is likely to be a failure.

Shame really because another movie after T3 could have been something really special.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 11:39 AM