KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy
Started by: FlappingMangera

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Sons of Anarchy

In talking about The Shield I remembered that I've been seeing previews for this show Sons of Anarchy on FX. After doing some research into the show I'm enthused for it for a couple reasons. First, I like motorcycles, and I'm sure the producers are going to shell out for some sweet hogs.

Second, the casting seems rather amazing. Ron Perlman is in this, and I've been a fan ever since Hellboy I, and the big surprise for me was Charlie Hunnam. You may know him better as Lloyd from Undeclared! Looking forward to checking this out in September.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 07:56 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vivando-loca
untitled

i've seen a preview for this. it didn't really give too much away but it certainly did look interesting. yes

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 01:44 PM
vivando-loca is currently offline Click here to Send vivando-loca a Private Message Find more posts by vivando-loca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I just read a bit of news (sorta old) about the show: Jay Karnes of "The Shield" fame is going to be in a 6 episode story-arc. This also alerted me to the fact that Kurt Sutter, writer/ex. producer for "The Shield," is the creator of this series. With The Shield in its final season, this show make take over the reins and be FX's big cable drama for the coming years. Can't wait to see the premiere.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 05:33 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Whats the premise of the show?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 06:02 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Whats the premise of the show?

It's about a gun-running biker gang that's into all sorts of lawlessness, and the main character is a young man who's trying to survive it all. I reckon the preview explains it in better detail than I can:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 06:43 PM
forumcrew

FX has had some real winners in the past like The Shield, Nip Tuck, & Over There so I will check it out.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 01:30 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I'm going to bump this because there have been some more images posted, they just get me pumped up for this show to premiere! There's a cool promo going on right now over on Side Reel that's definitely worth checking out.

http://www.sidereel.com/Sons_of_Ana...gWatchlink=true

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by FlappingMangera
I'm going to bump this because there have been some more images posted, they just get me pumped up for this show to premiere! There's a cool promo going on right now over on Side Reel that's definitely worth checking out.

http://www.sidereel.com/Sons_of_Ana...gWatchlink=true

The link has been removed, but its ok.

I've seen some of the promos for this, it looks good.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 09:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Ah my bad, below is a link to the official site, you can check out the promos there, and they have a cool summer of the show. Sounds like it could be pretty entertaining. They said it's going to have some dark comedic aspects to it, so thats cool.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/ori.../soa/#Nav/Video

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 09:32 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Hey did anyone catch the premiere last night? I thought it was very good. The writing in this show is top notch and I really like the whole father/son conflict that's going on, it definitely has the chance to boil over at some point and katey Sagal is going to be caught in the middle.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:04 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Ron Pearlman is superb as always. I thought the episode had its weak spots but overall, it was fun to watch. Jax has to man up though. As his mother and Ron were talking about, they have to start preparing him for when he takes over.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 03:50 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Yeah, I think it's probably going to become a point of contention between him and Perlman's character. Maybe he'll want to take the gang in a different direction and then it's going to be like a civil war with him and his boys on one side and Clay's loyalists on teh other side? That'd be real cool.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 07:03 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Yeah, I can see something like that happening in the future. That would be sweet and sure to make things a lot more interesting. And from what I remember, Ron Perlman's character wasn't so keen on the idea of stepping down for a long time. Hmmm..

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 12:36 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Katey gives me a serious MILF chubby too. This show is very well written. Jax & Agent Kohn had a nice lil' scrap last episode. I'm really interested on the full story behind those bones they found

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 10:01 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

The writing is pretty good and the first episode wasn't that bad either.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 08:46 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved when Jax [SPOILER - highlight to read]: shot that ******* agent in the head. And then screwed his ex in the bed with his (ATF agent) dead body on the floor. I lol'd

Thanks TGF

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 02:43 AM
Ahsoka Tano is currently offline Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
I loved when Jax [SPOILER - highlight to read]: shot that ******* agent in the head. And then screwed his ex in the bed with his (ATF agent) dead body on the floor. I lol'd

That must have been the dark humor the producers said they would explore.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 03:42 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie tragic

This show is awesome. Hope it gets a second season.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 04:29 AM
Movie tragic is currently offline Click here to Send Movie tragic a Private Message Find more posts by Movie tragic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

2nd season started last night. Anybody watched it? Somebody got raped bad. Its seems this season is gonna be real good!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 05:11 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
2nd season started last night. Anybody watched it? Somebody got raped bad. Its seems this season is gonna be real good!

Yes I did! It wasn't all that bad. None of the episodes so far have stood out, but they haven't been bad either. The show is average.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 11:56 PM