KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Come One! Come All! It's The Magical Mystery Tourney Finale! Leonidas V.S Smurph!

User Opinion of who wins match
This poll is closed.
Leo The Leen 2 40.00%
Smurph The Sinful 3 60.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Come One! Come All! It's The Magical Mystery Tourney Finale! Leonidas V.S Smurph!
Started by: Dr Hackenbush

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
And even if you DID neutralize my characters powers, who is to say that you would then hit us with the bomb? Again, all of my other characters of capable of exiting the vicinity through teleportation or flight faster than you can think, and they can take anybody powerless with them, or simply alter their power signatures to fix any nullification.

it's the unleashed energy of a BIG BANG. no expression
it is amped with SF energy.
it erupts WAY before you can even THINK to react. especially considering you will have had your SPEED STOLEN and been MINDRAPED in rapid succession first.

my speed is essentially infinite. and please let's not forget -- i can COPY whatever power he has. so even if the battle DOES become drawn out in someway i can't possibly imagine (he can't find all 23 bombs before i set them off and there is NO WAY he is surviving 23 BIG FRIGGIN' BANGS!! (and no, intangibility won't mean JACK to THAT kind of power) -- i can STILL run around him and copy his powers before he ever has a chance to SENSE me, let alone attack me . . .

quote:
And even if you DID destroy one of my characters, who is to say we couldn't just make another? Six of my twelve characters are clones and we're all capable of cloning again immediately.

funny, by accessing madrox's powers, i can do the same thing. smile

quote:
Finally, this is all assuming that you attack before us. We're far superior with our powers and can hit you at faster then light speeds before you even realize that you've got your powers back. Don't forget, we've got characters who have got Reed's lightspeed machines in addition to kryptonian speed

i've shown a scan where flash circled superman a MILLION times. no expression

again, there can be no doubt in anyone's mind that i am FAR FAR faster than you can HOPE to be. you rely on TECH for your speed. my technopathy can take care of that. my THOUGHTS are infinitely faster than yours.

quote:
in addition to Poppupian instant evolving

laughing out loud

because AM copied a BASIC skill from a sun-eater you think he can copy the full powerset of one of the most powerful races in the universe?? c'mon smurph . . .

quote:
And we have more people than you.

huh? we BOTH have the max. full team + 6 dupes . . .

quote:
And we have more experience... by a LOT.

huh?? we BOTH had the same training time . . .

quote:
We can likely destroy you before you can move an inch.

er . . . i don't really think so . . .

quote:
All it takes is a thought to send you to the Phantom Zone, or to turn you into stone.

IF anyone believes you can have in some inexplicable way internalized that PZ ability and IF you can somehow explain just how you even FIND me or HIT me at all . . .

quote:
Blown up... with our durability, power sets and your complete lack of control of your powers... lolz. We'll kill you before you know what's happened, and we can simply endure it otherwise. Many of my drafted characters have intangibility, plus our adamantium shells and energy powers. And our energy shields that repel all attacks.

you are literally blown up before you know the bomb went off. if you are not mindraped or if i haven't stolen your speed. both of which i do. smile

quote:
Mindrape... we have very strong telepathy too, plus our shields repel outside telepathy attacks, plus telepathy is just a signal that travels along the electromagnetic spectrum, which we control.

my thoughts and powers are SF amped. your thoughts and mental defenses would be APPALLINGLY slow compared to me . . . if you HAD any defenses . . .

again, you are finished before your tech comes online.

quote:
Speed steal... we'll move faster than you from the get go. Our own mock speed force plus all of our powers versus your complete lack of speed force... and one character to boost all of your speeds? Ha! And we have far better kinetic energy control than you. We can steal YOUR speed.

no expression

quote:
And with our proficiency with our powers and our faster processing, we'll dump you in the phantom zone before your characters even remember about the ultimate n-zone. Plus, that's another energy signal that my shields repel.

too slow by a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG shot . . .

quote:
And Impossible Man's immediate evolution repels all of the above attacks.

no expression

quote:
With our energy shields, superior telepathy and our knowledge of dealing with telepathy, plus Impossible Man's immediate evolution, this really isn't even worth addressing.

of course it isn't, cuz you have no reasonable defense for it. big grin it happened easily for desaad. i have vulcan amping my phoenix force energy, i have cerebro enhancing rachel's powers as well. i have access to emma's skillset, jonzz's TP . . .

you have some tech and 2 ENORMOUSLY vulnerable characters. once i'm in your mind (and you've no way to keep me out . . .) you are screwed. i simply take control of the matrix by dominating your dominant personality -- IF anyone believes you can access it. of course, more than likely you go nuts with all the personalities you absorb (more likley still MAYA says screw you, and gtfo!! )

quote:
We've got all the same powers, I have more.

not once i've copied them -- and my metabolism and systems all work at hyperspeeds so i could copy you INSTANTLY.

quote:
All my characters have far superior offensive options.

er . . .?

don't forget i have darwin's powerset active the entire time. supes invulnerability, wolverine's healing factor (SF ENHANCED -- IMAGINE how fast i'd heal from damn-near ANYTHING!) and a GL shield in place.

quote:
All my characters have FAR superior defensive options.

i . . . don't think so . . .

quote:
We're cooler

nuh-uh . . .

quote:
and Leo smells.

of VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why?

quick recap of what happens for those losing their minds:

10mins is up. his guys have scattered. i pick one off, neutralize his powers with my first bomb. i find them all, steal their speed and mindrape them. if you think they accessed the power source, i take control of it from them and assume the power for myself. their guys are VERY weak to TP, (thinker beat FS down with TP) and desaad has just accomplished taking control of FS. if they resist, we port away, set off the second bomb. it kills or weakens them. we continue to monitor them. if they survive, we blow the whole system. if they survive, they are weakened, i copy their powers while they have no way to find or hit us. then i copy their powers or use the ult n-zone projector to banish them and eliminate all their powers. all our tech is SF enhanced. my thoughts and perceptions are infinitely faster than his.

he has STILL offered next to nothing in terms of offensive strategy. matter manip on us? not gonna do much good when i'm too fast for him to sense . . . omniblasts? not with our shields, n-zone projectors and invulnerabilty.

again, he has no options EXCEPT to try and make you think he can somehow keep up with me in speed. that's . . . ridiculous.

speed, mindrape, 23 BIG BANGS, and adaptability ftw.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 12:10 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas

--it's never been done before. EVER. and there are plenty of uber energy guys in dc.
What has never been done before? A Firestorm with more power than the norm? Considering that you're debating the essence of PIS, is this even worth responding to?

--FS has never been shown to be able to FURTHER access the source of his power (and in NO BIO and in NO SCAN) has it EVER been demonstrated that FS actually DRAWS power from this other dimensional source . . .
Once again...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/.../firestorm1.jpg

You're simply debating semantics. We know, because of that scan, that Firestorm has access to WAY more power and has to limit himself because his body can't handle it.

"But it's not the matrix!" "But he doesn't DRAW it!" "But he hasn't accessed it before!"

It's ALL answered in that scan...

--even if anyone believes you CAN absorb some extra power, we really have no idea WHAT type of power that would be, AND, more importantly, what we DO know of his power source beyond doubt is that it is LITTERED with sentient beings and that if you DID try and absorb this power source, you would be gaining these personalities as they are PART of the source.
Ha! I'm literally LOL'ing here.

Last post you said that there's no proof it's even the matrix that he draws from.

Now you're saying that it's BEYOND DOUBT that he draws from the matrix, and therefore his power source is littered with sentient beings.

You're tripping over your words and feet trying to come up with an actual defense here.

in fact, it is THESE VERY ENTITIES that ALLOW ACCESS TO the FS power.

how do we know that for a fact? because jason GAINED his powers by having one of these entities ENTER his body. that being ronnie. in attempting to FURTHER access the source of power, you would be absorbing COUNTLESS personalities, and again THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL SAID ENTITIES WOULD LET HIM TRY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Proof that I would absorb personalities by tapping extra power? That's completely baseless... and any proof that these apparent "entities" have the option to limit my power or remove it? Just because I choose to sell someone a gun doesn't mean I can stop them with a word from going on a rampage with it.

You're leaping to conclusions in your effort to shut down my plan, because you know that once I have access to all of this power, I end your existence at a whim.

Look at Leo dance, folks!

again, so many potential complications with what he is trying to do, zero proof to back up his claims as NO ONE has EVER tried to absorb the power in the manner he is trying. zero proof he can even increase his power at all as he is trying to say.
While we're on this note...

You throw these accusations around, but where's your proof that Vulcan could try to manipulate the speed force? Every time we see Firestorm manipulate energy, we see a legit energy manipulator manipulate his power source. When has a legit energy manipulator used the speed force by tapping into it with non-SF related powers? You claim there are so many high enough energy wielders in DC, that the SF and FS's power are equal in stature and scale, and the Flash's certainly have more appearances than Firestorm... so where's your proof that a mutant using mutant abilities could manipulate the speed force?

You're ruining your own game just by trying to throw up defenses against me.

clearly it's not infinite. nor is it magical in nature. so how much meggan could absorb is also a question.
How is it clear that it's not infinite?

And Meggan's manipulated and absorbed all kinds of energies. She's boosted heat by a thousandfold and removed the electricity from peoples brains. And she draws powers constantly from the earth, which is, until further notice... not magical. She drew tons of power from the earth within seconds.

The only thing that relies on her drawing power is if it's natural and is natural to her. The otherworld was... she drew tons of power. The earth is natural to her... she drew tons of power. Hell, you'd need to prove that Captain Britain's extra powers WAS magic, and not just put in place by magic. Despite this, she still absorbed enough to destroy something that was so hard that it melted adamantium drill bits... in one shot, she destroyed it.

Mind you I've said this all before and will probably end up saying it again if you continue to dodge my responses.

granting yourself all these crazy powers (speed force, copying, telepathy . . .) are all nothing more than outlandish (no offense, smurph -- well, maybe a LITTLE offense . . . stick out tongue ) suppositions. there are a whole lotta uber energy guys that have never done HALF of what you are trying to do and have had LIFETIMES to work with their powers.
Again, this is more than a little hypocritical, and again you're simply debating against the idea of PIS.

--you are NOT infinitely powerful.
I have a character who has the option to tap infinite power and I have a character who can handle all that power.

As much as you'd like to disagree and throw supposition at me...

--you really have no idea if you can even ACCESS the source of power, or if you do if you can remain sane while doing so.
Firestorm constantly accesses the source of power, and you have provided nothing to show that we'd absorb personalities. That's completely out of nowhere with nothing to back it... erm

Seriously, that's completely baseless.

--you don't know how MUCH meggan could absorb nor do you know the IMPACT absorbing a sentient power source would even have on you.
I know she can absorb enough to make her the nigh-equivalent of Wanda's wave in seconds.

Forgive me if I think she's capable of stomping all over your team... especially at Omega level power.

And you have no proof that it's sentient... Prof. Stein implies it isn't, Firestorm's never had problems with it, and there's absolutely NOTHING to give the idea that it is, other than your silly defenses.

--nor can you provide a reason why the entities that comprise the source of his power would even LET you absorb it!
And you have no proof that they could stop me. Or that they would. We can do this all day, but I'm saying they wouldn't stop me, and would like to see where you get the indication that they could/would.

--and beyond those entities, the ULTIMATE SOURCE of the power is MAYA, the earth.

http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mayarw1.jpg

tell me again, why would SHE allow you to do what you want to do . . .? and if the earth IS the source, and the earth's power is actually SHARED among all the other elemental powers . . . how 'infinite' would it really be?? meggan's already done that stunt and wasn't close to galactus level. now she'd have access (MAYBE) to a quarter of that power. hardly the "infinite being" you're trying to make her out to be . . .
Why would she allow me? Why would she prevent me when she's never prevented Firestorm before?

Also... Meggan is constantly in tune with the Earth, feels for the Earth and is basically a spirit of the earth. It's been shown on panel that she's practically a spirit of the earth... they're best friends.

Then there's the fact that Maya is an abstract being that created the matrix... but we have no proof that that's her power. You're simply putting words in her mouth. Even if it was, the idea that an abstract being doesn't have enough power to defeat you is ridiculous. As for "sharing power = a limit to power", Presence shares power with the Spectre... so obviously the Presence isn't unlimited power incarnate.

Finally, this might be a bit of a revelation to you, but Maya is a DC character. Meggan is a marvel character. So yes, Meggan's reached the max of Earth's power to offer in seconds before... but seeing as Maya is an abstract being, it's quite ludicrous to suggest that Meggan > Maya.

omega level? confused

Oh, FFS...

All omega mutants have had it stated on panel that they're omega level. Are you ACTUALLY suggesting that Meggan is already an omega mutant? And even if Sage's power up boosted a different area of her powers, all of Meggan's powers boost each other. And seeing as it's shown on panel that she can draw enough power at base level without Sage's boosts, this line of argument is truly fruitless for you.

i could just as easily tranmute your tech then mindrape the rest of you even BEFORE the second bomb goes off. and i do. smile
Or not.

We can transmute YOUR tech and then mindrape YOU!

We're FAR more proficient with our powers and have Sage's multitasking (arguably one of the best multitaskers in comics) and super fast processing via her computer brain along with Reed AND Jor-El's genius working together with better team work and with more experience. We'll be running through our options before you realize we're there.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 02:56 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

i have UNLIMITED (a REAL omega level mutant) access to the speedforce. i am faster than INSTANTANEOUS SPEED and my THOUGHTS AND POWERS OPERATE AT THAT SAME SPEED.
And I have access to a REAL omega level mutant while you have no proof you can manipulate the speed force with Vulcan's powers.

You are not faster than instantaneous speed.

I might as well wrap up why Leo's whole "Emperor Speed" is a sham right now.

Judges, READ THIS!

Savitar has no scans showing him manipulating the speed force. He has a couple quotes of hyperbole at best.

Savitar has never shown the reactions that the great Flashes have, Savitar has shown a couple speed tricks (like lending stationary objects speed), and Wally was impressed.

Suddenly, according to Leo, Savitar is capable of multitasking with foreign powers down to the nanosecond, and pulling off every major speed feat that any Flash has shown.

This is basically akin to Spider-Man saying that Sentry stalemated Galactus.

Leo throws around claims like he's faster than instantaneous speed because WALLY was. Or that he can race thousands of times around Superman because WALLY could.

Suddenly, a character with NO showings actually tapping into the speed force, with ZERO showings coming close to what Leo would have you believe him capable of is going to pull off ANY great speed feat at Leo's whim.

Leo would have you believe he sneaked Wally West into this tournament.

Leo in fact sneaked something that's less than Impulse.

Their experience was deleted for this match and Leo didn't even bother to try making Savitar an expert with his powers via training. All that he did was shove "Emperor Speed" in the match and hope that the judges would buy some at best ambiguous showings and a lot of hyperbole.

Lolz at "Emperor Speed".

I'm FASTER than Leo, I have more CHARACTERS than Leo, my team OPERATES BETTER IN FIELD, and we're BETTER WITH OUR HIGHER OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE POWERS.

We seek Leo out before he hits us with any attacks. We beam him to the Phantom Zone, we turn him to stone, etc.

Worth noting something...

Within seconds, Meggan absorbed enough energy to STALEMATE WANDA'S WAVE... now we have FIVE MONTHS. Even if there were problems with our power sources, we have TWO POWER SOURCES IN ADDITION TO THE NORM...

And he hits us with a bomb. Wanda's wave was ripping apart reality, and we have something MUCH more powerful than what went up against the chaos wave.

The blast will do NOTHING to us... nor will anything Leo can throw against us.

Leo has to remain constantly on defense because if my plan works, I'd utterly destroy him.

Even if you don't buy me absorbing power from the Matrix, I can still absorb power from the Red... which IS a semi-mystical source that powers much of nature, which Meggan is directly linked to.

I don't have to achieve abstract level to defeat Leo, nor do I need to even amp. But I can.

Leo's best gun is a sham. His prep plan has fallen through. His best plans of attack are easily counterable, and can't get past my reflexes, durability, shields and power level.

I can eliminate his team with a thought.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 03:03 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flow01
Restricted

Account Restricted

Faceman Violated Me!

Sigs made by: Me (Sentry spelled wrong for coolness)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 04:52 AM
Flow01 is currently offline Click here to Send Flow01 a Private Message Find more posts by Flow01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Flow01
Faceman Violated Me!

Further spam will result in a formal warning. Don't post in this thread with off-topic nonsense. If you have anything further, PM me.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flow01
Restricted

Account Restricted

BUTT PLUG

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:05 AM
Flow01 is currently offline Click here to Send Flow01 a Private Message Find more posts by Flow01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flow01
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Further spam will result in a formal warning. Don't post in this thread with off-topic nonsense. If you have anything further, PM me.

Ahh, im askin for it, dont feel bad... BUTT PLUG?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:06 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Originally posted by Flow01
Ahh, im askin for it, dont feel bad... BUTT PLUG?

stop.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Final Thoughts and Summary (Probably)

Deity

Leo can throw as many phony defenses against me as he pleases. My plan is very simple. Firestorm has access to a huge power source, but must limit himself because of his durability. I've rectified that problem. Simultaneously, Meggan has the ability to grow super powerful if given a proper power source. Firestorm has that power source, has the ability to manipulate that power source, and is already tapped in.

There's no proof that I even need to absorb the matrix in order for my powers to function, or that something completely random would happen like absorbing personalities.

Remember, folks, this is a Meggan far more powerful than we've ever seen combined with Firestorm. What doubt you have about one of them being able to do, the other one can most certainly do.

Leo says Meggan can't manipulate the large amounts of energy unless it's magical. Despite showing that it's not true, I can also point out that Firestorm can manipulate the energy... he just needs Meggan's durability.

Untapped Potential

Meggan's elemental abilities will be boosted by Sage, as I've said. But a boost to omega level would also boost Meggan's shapeshifting abilities. Combine that with multiple major power sources coursing through her body, and she'd have extremely powerful shifting abilities... Meggan's shifted to give herself the power cosmic before. If there's any issues with handling the energy, or with granting herself powers, she can simply shift.

Leo says that we can't copy the shapeshifting abilities of Poppupians. Ridiculous. We won't have Impossible Man's ability to break the fourth wall, and we won't be skilled enough to do everything he's done... but we can easily use the Poppupians ability to insta-adapt to any situation to overpower any attack he throws at us.

Remember all of Deity's powers I granted at the beginning. She's an Amazo with an extreme base power set, only much, MUCH greater power output than standard Amazo and much more creative. Also, there's 12 of them.

Also remember things like the shield that Leo's offered no method of bypassing, etc.

Finally, I have the two smartest characters in the tourney thinking for five months with Sage's powers that work out to be mental steroids, and thinking at lightspeed. Any problems that Leo can come up with, they can remedy in five seconds. If there are personalities in the matrix, they can build gear to block it out.

I said they train and perfect... and they do.

Leo's Prep

Lolz... won't work. I've already shown why the Neutralizing Bomb is a laugh... we can counter it, we can endure it, we can heal from it, we can block it, we can manipulate it, we can avoid it and we can make a new person...

As for the Big Bang Bombs, they're really nothing special. Leo says they would incinerate intangibility... why? When no other explosion has... why? And I have characters that can become effortlessly intangible. Or we can endure it, or we can let it wash over our shields, or we can turn it into sunshine and lollipops. Or we can drain it.

What do you think an explosion would do to someone who directly dwarfs a character that stalemated Wanda's reality destroying wave?

Drawing power makes Meggan stronger. A lot stronger. Firestorm has the ability to draw from his power source. Meggan accesses it all and becomes abstract level. At the same time, Firestorm gets boosted to Solar levels.

Remember, they're amalgamated. Leo says that Meggan can't take from the power... but Firestorm can. So therefore Meggan can. Meggan can benefit from any available power source that is intimately connected to her being. The Earth, Otherworld, her brother... and the FS Matrix is very, very much a part of Firestorm, and therefore Deity.

You really have to wrap your mind around the idea of complete amalgamation.

Leo's Team

Superlulz.

His flagbearer is a fake. Emperor Speed is composed of two characters. One has NO on panel showings of actually manipulating the speed force... just ambiguous hyperbole and other characters word that he's "awesume!"

The other has no indication that his mutant powers would allow him to tap into or manipulate the speed force, and the speed force has no showings that indicate that any energy manipulator can have their way with it.

The result is a character that CAN'T multitask according to the picosecond, that CAN'T mess with a far superior team and pull speed tricks on abstract level characters that move far faster and far more efficiently and well trained.

The result is character that CAN'T run laps around Superman, that CAN'T pull off every feat from Wally West or Bart Allen and that is frankly mediocre.

I'm pretty sure most of them can't indefinitely survive the conditions of space, much less Newjak's prison, anyways.

And did I mention I have twice as many people, and we all have more powers and better training?

----------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty much the gist. I can laugh off anything he tries, and Leo needs to remain on the defensive until the end to try to throw doubt at one of my numerous edges.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 06:16 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

k. last kick at the smurph. big grin

dispensing with the emperor speed issue . . .

EMPEROR SPEED ROCKS:

savitar has FORGOTTEN more about the SF than wally will ever know:

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sf2da5.jpg

wally telling jesse that savitar can MANIPULATE the SF:

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sfmanipjv4.jpg

wally's own words: savitar is AS FAST AS WALLY and STRONGER:

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sf3gm3.jpg

a speed feat accomplished by wally as he is battling savitar:

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?...tronjumpky3.jpg

you know how quickly an electron jumps to the next energy level? said to be INSTANTANEOUSLY. smile

lastly, walter west -- DARK FLASH -- admitting he learned all his SF secrets from savitar before he tricked and killed savitar:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/...2/walvswal9.jpg

i highly recommend looking at the flash respect thread for some of walter's feats with the SF. anyway, savitar ALSO drained the speed of EVERY SPEEDSTER ON EARTH except wally. his power was limited ONLY by his ability to TAP the SF. a problem eliminated by vulcan who can manipulate potentially UNLIMITED amounts of ANY energy. (hell, in an alternate reality, vulcan manipulated the energy inside the M'KRANN CRYSTAL and took on the full power of the phoenix force!) that said, vulcan could NOT manipulate the SF on his own. but savitar's knowledge of it is unparallelled and he ALREADY has access to it.

DIETY SUCKS (duh big grin ):

i will enumerate a final time why absorbing the source of FS's power is NOT nearly as straight forward as smurph wants you to think it is:

1. no proof FS is an OPEN conduit to this mysterious 'infinite source' -- IE--he has never been shown to be able to CONSCIOUSLY TAP into more of the power. that's a big one. smurph wants you to believe he can, at a whim, tap into something that he has NEVER HAS BEFORE.) and what reason does smurph give to defend this? PIS. for the 30 years FS has been around. no expression

anyway, we all know what it means when someone needs to resort to the PIS argument . . . (it means they have no REAL defense bats . . . stick out tongue )

2. FS was created by MAYA, an earth goddess. (abstract?? maybe in essence, but her power has never been shown to be all that impressive . . . during elemental awar, she is said to be DYING) she DIVIDED her power among the FOUR elemental forms, so . . . realistically, how 'infinite' can the power source be . . .?

3. i showed proof that maya is responsible for FS. again, why would she allow FS to drain the power source (HER POWER!!) for purely selfish reasons?? smurph says -- "why WOULDN'T she, she never stopped him before!?" of course, he's never TRIED anything like what smurph is trying to do . . .

4. i'll forego the talk about whether the matrix IS his power source, or where his power stems from, the effects an influx of personalities would have on him, etc, in favor of this simple and utterly damning scan:

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fs1rq3.jpg

he gets his power from the sun. no expression

guess what is LACKING in this battlefield? a STAR!

so if his power source is a STAR, and there is no star to amp from for meggan, where exactly is he getting his power from again . . .??

seriously, between the matrix/power source confusion, and this NEW proof that he gets his power from stars, his whole diety plan is deader than the smurfs in my sig . . .

and let's not forget, he wants to use a very INEXPERIENCED jason to pull off this miracle of an amalgamation.

simple energy absorbtion? hardly . . .

some other points:

--meggan is NOT omega level. no expression notice that nowhere does smurph show sage boosting someone to omega level . . .

--**MOST IMPORTANT SINGLE POINT OF THE MATCH**:

when our powers are all shut-off and come back on, meggan would need to go through the whole process of REABSORBING all the power from FS's source (WHATEVER IT IS!) if you DO believe he can do what he claims, then you must ALSO believe that it would take TIME for her to do so. in smurph's own words, and in his own scan, he said it took SECONDS to absorb the power of otherworld. he wants to absorb MORE than that this time!! that would mean that diety would have no more power than REGULAR FS when the power came on and she would need to spend precious seconds BECOMING STRONGER!! in my case, savitar's link to the SF is instantaneous (it IS my power so when the power comes on i instantly reestablish contact with it.) that means I'M at FULL power SECONDS BEFORE HE IS. and everyone here knows EXACTLY what i would do to him in the SECONDS (which may as well be YEARS for me to take advantage of . . .) he spends reabsorbing the power source's power . . .

he is completely and utterly screwed.

even IF diety is all he HOPES she is, i kill her BEFORE she can ever have the chance to evolve to her, um, 'abstract' state . . .

--note the utter lack of defense he established against TP attacks, let alone TP attacks coming at HYPERSPEEDS. that's because other than saying he GRANTS HIMSELF PSEUDO-TP, he HAS no defense against TP. while he is powering back up, i steal his speed then destroy his mind or simply make myself the dominant personality in the matrix and take his power for myself. or i copy his power.

--if i sense none of these things are working for whatever reason, i blow him up. he will NOT have accesed all his power yet, he will NOT have had time to set up a 'blocks everything shield' and even if he did, i think he's underestimating the power of a FRIGGIN' BIG BANG!! intangible?

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fs2bi0.jpg

even if you think intangibility WOULD work -- ridiculous as his ATOMIC STRUCTURE would be disintegrated in an INSTANT! -- he does NOT possess intangibility any longer.

so, i drop a BIG BANG in his lap. it WOULD kill him, or at the very least SEVERELY weaken him. then i could try and mindrape again, steal his speed, send him to the n-zone, copy his powers, or do any of the other things i've said before (recall all tech is SF-amped)

--notice again his complete lack of reasons for being able to even FIND me to hit! he thinks his TECH makes him fast and that sage's lightspeed thinking is fast. no expression he thinks his PSEUDO-SELF-GRANTED-COSMIC-AWARENESS would help him . . . seriously.

--he does NOT have more guys than i do (we both have max) nor is he somehow more experienced than i am (we both practiced with all our powers)

once again, to recap what happens:

power comes on.

his team scatters.

i sense them and pick one off with the neutralizer.

i then steal the speed of all the others and mindrape them AS THEY ATTEMPT TO REABSORB . . . whatever power (from a non-existent star??) they are reaching for. they are still weak, their tech has yet to come online. my speed advantage is utterly and completely overwhelming and according to smurph himself it takes SECONDS to acquire his power anyway. (btw -- the SUN is NOT magical as far as i know, and she has no affinity for it so i see no reason why she could absorb much of it even if stellar power IS available somehow . . .)

if there is any resistance at all, i drop a big bang on them

if they STILL live somehow (anyone who thinks they deal with all that kindly explain exactly how . . .), i try and steal their speed or mindrape them again and if they resist again, i drop 23 big bangs on them.

my surest and undeniable advantage is time. it takes him TIME to become powerful. i use that time and kill him. whatever diety MAY be, we'll never have the chance to find out.

leo winz!!!!!!! eek!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 06:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

k. last kick at the smurph. big grin

dispensing with the emperor speed issue . . .

EMPEROR SPEED ROCKS:

So, judges, like I said, to sum up Leo's points, he has no scans of Savitar manipulating the speed force. Just basic hyperbole from the mouths of others.

The entire fight is based around the idea that Wally is intimidated because Savitar knows how to manipulate the motion of objects in more ways than Wally does... so therefore Wally concludes that Savitar is an insanely high tier speed force manipulator, and that he's just as proficient in all aspects of speed as Wally is, despite this never being shown.

Think of it as the CIS that Spider-Man undergoes when battling any martial artist, especially Captain America, only on a much larger scale.

a problem eliminated by vulcan who can manipulate potentially UNLIMITED amounts of ANY energy.
So, once again, as I stated, Leo has far less proof of Vulcan being able to use his mutant powers to manipulate the speed force than I have of anything he's attacked me on concerning Deity. He can't even show Savitar tapping the speed force, which says a lot about Savitar's vaunted knowledge. And there's still nothing to suggest that a base energy manipulator could mess with the speed force, considering I've never seen it done on panel with any Flash (and they have numerous appearances). There's nothing to suggest that a power so foreign as a mutant could manipulate the speedforce.

Leo would have you believe that he's obviously capable... because if you come to the obvious and simple conclusion that he isn't, his whole plan falls through.

DIETY SUCKS (duh big grin ):
I lol'd

1. no proof FS is an OPEN conduit to this mysterious 'infinite source' -- IE--he has never been shown to be able to CONSCIOUSLY TAP into more of the power. that's a big one. smurph wants you to believe he can, at a whim, tap into something that he has NEVER HAS BEFORE.) and what reason does smurph give to defend this? PIS. for the 30 years FS has been around. no expression
And yet, you're about to go on to say that Firestorm draws his power from a star, which is an open conduit of energy. So I don't see how you can have one point be credible while the other directly defies it.

Even if this was true, I have smarter versions of Reed Richards and Jor-El thinking with telepathy at >lightspeeds, with constant access to consult Prof. Stein, the most knowledgeable character concerning Firestorm in all of comic-dom. (They can talk to him through the FS Matrix, which Leo has so kindly pointed out is where he, and all other FS-related characters chill).

If there were any such problem, Reed and Jor could rectify it in seconds. And we have five months.

One last point while I'm quoting this... I'd like to rephrase Leo's quote for him.

1. no proof Savitar is an OPEN conduit to this mysterious 'speed force' -- IE--he has never been shown to be able to CONSCIOUSLY TAP into more of the power. that's a big one. leo wants you to believe he can, at a whim, tap into something that he has NEVER HAS BEFORE.) and what reason does leo give to defend this? He didn't. He avoided it. no expression

i showed proof that maya is responsible for FS. again, why would she allow FS to drain the power source (HER POWER!!)

I have five months to talk to Maya, and Meggan is practically as close as you can get to being her child or "angel".

Funny how these power sets work out... smile

Also, how can you simultaneously claim that all my power comes from the earth and the sun?

i'll forego the talk about whether the matrix IS his power source, or where his power stems from, the effects an influx of personalities would have on him, etc, in favor of this simple and utterly damning scan:

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fs1rq3.jpg

he gets his power from the sun. no expression

laughing out loud

You just wiped away every single argument you've made about people blocking off my power source or not being allowed, or not being able to tap it, or not having access.

Let me explain...

First off, this one scan is contradicted by each scan or shred of evidence you've given so far. Each declaration about Maya, the Matrix or Firestorm not having access goes completely against this, which ruins the credibility not only of those arguments, but of this one as well.

Secondly, even if this was true, that just makes things that much simpler. I have access to suns in prep. And take a look at my opening post. I've created adamantium versions of Super-Boy Prime's suit... that collects and stores SOLAR RADIATION.

So I'll be able to fully stock up my powers in prep.

Finally, and this is the really damaging part...

--**MOST IMPORTANT SINGLE POINT OF THE MATCH**:

when our powers are all shut-off and come back on, meggan would need to go through the whole process of REABSORBING all the power from FS's source

This is the part that really made me smile.

Leo, you've made one huge, incorrect assumption. You've assumed that the nullifier puts us at base power level.

I asked Newjak about what would happen if we entered the battle extra small, extra powerful, etc.

He said for the ten minutes that we're nulled, we're at base human form. Then as soon as the nullifier cuts out, we go back to [i]exactly how we were before

That means I'm just as powerful as I was. Which, in case you were wondering, means I've had absolutely tons of energy stored, and have amped Firestorm's powers to an absolutely incredible degree, along with having made Meggan as powerful as HoM Wanda.

Thanks for the help Leo. smile

--note the utter lack of defense he established against TP attacks
As I've told you, my shields block out tp, Impossible Man's powers allow me to block out TP, I can use Meggan's super shifting to block out TP, I can use Deity's energy powers to block out TP, or I can simply use the signal to hurt you instead.

--if i sense none of these things are working for whatever reason, i blow him up.

Once again, you have no anti-intangibility argument. Sersi's withstood similar explosions through transmutation and energy control seperately. I'm FAR more proficient in each, even at base levels, and I think at a higher degree.

Plus my shields, adamantium, powers, etc. Adamantium can withstand it, and the heat would simply be absorbed.

Plus you won't set it off in time, since you don't have anywhere near the appropriate reaction times, and are dealing with powers you have no business using. It'll be seconds too long, and we'll destroy you after the first nanosecond.

Plus, with Meggan's now abstract-level powers, we can simply endure it.

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fs2bi0.jpg

even if you think intangibility WOULD work -- ridiculous as his ATOMIC STRUCTURE would be disintegrated in an INSTANT! -- he does NOT possess intangibility any longer.
Meggan can go intangible too. smile

And we have five months with Stein to access that power.

i then steal the speed of all the others and mindrape them
Once again, you don't have anywhere near the reaction times you'll need, we're more powerful then you can comprehend, and all of your attacks wouldn't make us blink. We're not relying on tech. We simply detect where you are, and kill you.

Drain the life from your bodies. Turn off your powers. Banish you to the Phantom Zone.

Even if you believe our speeds are similar, Sage's computer mind and multitasking rapes... and we're better trained. And we're smarter. And even if you did get a shot off first, it would wash against our shields.

my surest and undeniable advantage is time.

Smurph says:
You remember how you told me if I entered the battle small, the neutralizers would make me big, but as soon as they ended I would be small again?
Jamie says:
Instantly yes
Smurph says:
Would that then go for any change you made to yourself.... if Superman sundipped before, he would have that power back once the neutralizers ended?
Jamie says:
Yes

----------------------------------------

So, what Leo just admitted was his biggest advantage, is now, as I've shown, not his advantage at all.

He holds no advantages.

His bombs are a wash. His flagbearing character has nothing to support the feats he's been assigning it. His arguments against my character defeat themselves, and help me out.

I hold, by FAR the biggest power advantage, in addition to tactics, speed, versatility, and training.

Each attack that he could think of couldn't affect my shields. And he's provided no defense to the numerous ways I could take out his powers, and then his life.

He's simply relied on time and speed, which I've shown he doesn't have, and then attacked my plans, which I've shown is fruitless.

I have 12 HoM Wandas... he has a pack of overated speedsters with some bombs.

SMURPH WINS

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 08:04 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
So, judges, like I said, to sum up Leo's points, he has no scans of Savitar manipulating the speed force. Just basic hyperbole from the mouths of others.

laughing out loud

all right, DON'T take wally's word for it, OR walter's. the only 'manipulating' i'm even ATTEMPTING is a straight speed steal (on-panel proof that savitar CAN do that -- stole speed from EVERY SPEEDSTER ON EARTH!) and speed SHARE, also which i've proven on panel:

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjassa9.jpg

the blue lightning does and always has signified the presence of SF energy. smile

smurph seems to want you to think i'm creating constructs or something from SF energy. i'm merely lending and stealing speed. something it is quite clear i'm MORE than capable of doing and have done repeatedly this whole tournament.

judges be clear: he NEEDS you to think he's my equal in speed cuz he knows he's dead if not. i neutralize one of his guys and simultaneously steal the speed of his other guys before he can react. only he's provided ZERO evidence he can create tech to make him my equal. in fact NO ONE EVER HAS!

i am faster.
i attack first.
my first attack is all i need. once his speed is gone, he's dead.

quote:
The entire fight is based around the idea that Wally is intimidated

true, throughout wally was terrified of savitar's power, but it's based on the fact that wally ADMITTED savitar was AS FAST AS HE WAS. BOTH reached the peak speed that CAN be reached -- both brushed the SF itself. both even ENTERED it, but only wally was able to come out again. any speed feat SHORT of entering the SF is therefore open to me to use. wink

vulcan's powerset just allows me even GREATER access and control of the SF.

quote:
And yet, you're about to go on to say that Firestorm draws his power from a star, which is an open conduit of energy. So I don't see how you can have one point be credible while the other directly defies it.

let's review, shall we?

first, smurph wants to access some unnamed 'infinite source'. it appears to be the matrix, but then again, maybe it's not. the matrix is populated with SENTIENT beings that granted FS his powers initially and THAT is a big problem. then it seems it is given power by maya. and THAT is a big problem. now we learn it seems to be a STAR, and since there ARE no stars, THAT is a problem. he also says forget meggan if it's a star, his SUIT will power him up!!

so, during the course of this match, he went from infinitely powerful abstract, to . . . tech-provided sundipped. no expression he's even gone so far as to say WITH OR WITHOUT DIETY, implying his OWN doubts about the character.

and he says I'VE been on the defensive?? my attack strategy has not varied for a moment since the confused opening! he's struggling to come up with ways to preserve his plan and finally resorts to the infamous -- "my guys are smart, they'll figure it out line!" heh

on top of that, he STILL doesn't know (nor do the writers, apparently . . .) what his power source is and is giving ME grief for trying to point out the flaws in ANY of the possible sources!! lolz

of course, sundipped FS wouldn't have all the fancy powers (see his OP) he granted himself since he wouldn't be an 'abstract' being anymore . . . specially since there is NO SUN PRESENT. and this has come up before -- our prep area IS the battlefield! so . . . no storing solar rad there either . . . no

quote:
Also, how can you simultaneously claim that all my power comes from the earth and the sun?

lolz

you misrepresent the point of my showing all these scans -- it is simply to reaffirm the exceedingly confusing nature of FS's source of power. again, smurph doesn't even know what he's trying to absorb anymore!! lol

and no matter what definition he chooses to believe, it has mucho problems with it!

quote:
Leo, you've made one huge, incorrect assumption. You've assumed that the nullifier puts us at base power level.

meh, if that's what he said, that's fine. my reactions are still>>>>>>>than yours, i STILL steal your speed then mindrape you before your tech-assisted speed comes online. the same thing i said in every post prior to the last one. the added seconds would have been nice, but the split-second speed advantage i have might as well be days to me. my offensive plan has stayed consistent throughout. you've struggled with trying to salvage whatever you can of your initial plan, been forced to come up with this sundipped option and no clear source of power . . .

your strategy is an ill-defined trainwreck at this point.

quote:
As I've told you, my shields block out tp, Impossible Man's powers allow me to block out TP, I can use Meggan's super shifting to block out TP, I can use Deity's energy powers to block out TP, or I can simply use the signal to hurt you instead.

i attack before the shields are raised, AM has NEVER showed anything CLOSE to being able to copy the powers of a race like the popuppians (seriously -- lolz ) and meggan is even MORE vulnerable to TP than FS! you want HER to be your defense against it?? if you are sundipped, you HAVE no 'infinite power' anyway, and NO suns either!! so . . . you're really just a shape-changing FS.

heh

quote:
Once again, you have no anti-intangibility argument. Sersi's withstood similar explosions through transmutation and energy control seperately. I'm FAR more proficient in each, even at base levels, and I think at a higher degree.

sersi has NEVER survived anything CLOSE to that type of attack. she has to transmute all of her teammates and herself into superdense material to survive the sideffects of a galaxy-destroying attack!

this is a BIG BANG. seriously. i hope everyone gets exactly how much power that is. you know -- the SUM OF ALL ENERGY IN A UNIVERSE!!! intangibilty and adamantium won't be nearly enough protection. i said at the outset my guys know exactly how much energy is released. ONE bomb may be enough to wipe out the battlefield, but it doesn't matter as we remain safe behind our n-zone portals.

quote:
Plus you won't set it off in time, since you don't have anywhere near the appropriate reaction times,

lol

speaking of no evidence -- note again that THROUGHOUT this match, smurph has never shown ANY evidence of this FTL tech that increases not only travel speed, but combat AND thinking speeds as well . . .

tech that is FAR slower than my own SF enhanced tech, and that i can transmute as quick as i steal his speed and mindrape him.

once his speed is gone, he has no more defenses and the match is over.

quote:
Plus, with Meggan's now abstract-level powers, we can simply endure it.

you mean sundipped-without-the-sun level . . . heh

quote:
Once again, you don't have anywhere near the reaction times you'll need, we're more powerful then you can comprehend, and all of your attacks wouldn't make us blink. We're not relying on tech. We simply detect where you are, and kill you.

i attack and am gone in picoseconds. you have tech increasing your speed. you have no proof ANY tech can make you NEARLY that fast. i am amped with SF to the point where i am as fast as can be without entering the SF. that includes all my tech and thoughts. you are sundipped without any suns and are in slow motion to me, regardless of your tech. i find YOU first, steal your speed and you die. but don't feel bad, i've been doing it all tournament. big grin

quote:
Drain the life from your bodies. Turn off your powers. Banish you to the Phantom Zone.

find us how??
hit us us???

quote:
And we're smarter.

you keep SAYING you're smarter, but i've got ult reed AND 616 reed, along with doom and countless others to call upon. you have jor-el over me, but . . . so? confused

quote:
So, what Leo just admitted was his biggest advantage, is now, as I've shown, not his advantage at all.

i said my biggest advantages were SPEED AND TIME. and while i may not have the seconds i thought i MIGHT have, i STILL have the clear speed advantage, which ALSO gives me the time advantage. you've yet to show any proof at all you are even CAPABLE of creating tech to amp your combat and thought speed to lightspeed, let alone beyond lightspeed (which would STILL be far slower than me . . .)

quote:
He holds no advantages.

just the same ones i've held throughout. smile

quote:
His bombs are a wash. His flagbearing character has nothing to support the feats he's been assigning it. His arguments against my character defeat themselves, and help me out.

bombs destroy him. the emperor is every bit as fast as i said he was. he doesn't even know where his power is coming from and went from infinite to sundipped, in a place where there IS no sun! heh

he will NOT have shared powersets with everyone, he will NOT have his uber shields at all. with his power source so uncertain, he's really got nothing definite AT ALL to throw at me.

quote:
He's simply relied on time and speed, which I've shown he doesn't have, and then attacked my plans, which I've shown is fruitless.

if you call showing you have no idea where your power comes from, that you are now most likely sundipped and without access to a sun fruitless . . . shifty

speed and time remain my advantages as they always have.

good match, smurph.

wink

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 12:27 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Wow, this is getting outrageous... laughing

Great sigs.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 12:41 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so, match is officially over, correct . . .?

really fun match, smurph.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 01:19 AM
Badabing
Karen

The sigs....

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 01:40 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Discussion is Over, The Judges Have Til Friday to render verdict, user with the majority of the votes wins, congratulations to the users for competing in the best tourney ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bribe Money is Non-Refundable.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 03:16 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush
the best tourney ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lulz

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 03:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

so, match is officially over, correct . . .?

really fun match, smurph.

It was awesome.

Seriously, epic.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 03:36 AM
Badabing
Karen

Judges: Doctor Hackenbush, Newjak, Badabing, Ha-son, Batdude, Digimark007, and Illadelph.

I just was notified I'm a judge. embarrasment I'll vote tomorrow.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 02:47 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

whistle

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 04:59 PM