KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Come One! Come All! It's The Magical Mystery Tourney Finale! Leonidas V.S Smurph!

User Opinion of who wins match
This poll is closed.
Leo The Leen 2 40.00%
Smurph The Sinful 3 60.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Come One! Come All! It's The Magical Mystery Tourney Finale! Leonidas V.S Smurph!
Started by: Dr Hackenbush

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'm holding off on my vote because I don't want to directly or indirectly influence other's decisions with my long drawn out explanations.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 07:07 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'm holding off on my vote because I don't want to directly or indirectly influence other's decisions with my long drawn out explanations.

Me too.

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 07:28 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

no expression

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 08:22 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Ha-Son
Me too.

Tommy = win big grin

And yeah I'm doing the same as them shifty

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 08:53 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Way to stroke yourself there a bit ill. Most of the judges are tourney vets and informed comic forum members. I'm sure we can resist the urge to change our vote just because of your opinion.

wink

Personally, I'm holding off because I've recently had to deal with reports, PMs, and disciplinary issues involving Smurph and others. My duties as a mod come first, but I often think they compromise my position as a supposedly unbiased judge. I'd like to think I can maintain objectivity, but can't ensure it. I've been considering dropping out entirely as a judge, though this has only been going on in the last 24 hours or so, so I haven't had much time to consider it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 10:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Personally, I'm holding off because I've recently had to deal with reports, PMs, and disciplinary issues involving Smurph and others. My duties as a mod come first, but I often think they compromise my position as a supposedly unbiased judge.

You poor thing, all that hard work and no reward. Here's a cookie.

(please log in to view the image)

smile

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 11:01 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Way to stroke yourself there a bit ill. Most of the judges are tourney vets and informed comic forum members. I'm sure we can resist the urge to change our vote just because of your opinion.

wink

Personally, I'm holding off because I've recently had to deal with reports, PMs, and disciplinary issues involving Smurph and others. My duties as a mod come first, but I often think they compromise my position as a supposedly unbiased judge. I'd like to think I can maintain objectivity, but can't ensure it. I've been considering dropping out entirely as a judge, though this has only been going on in the last 24 hours or so, so I haven't had much time to consider it.

Not "stroking" myself Digi, I've just bared witness to it on a few previous occasions, and I've also witnessed so-called "vets" be lazy and just go along with whoever posted their judgment first. Not saying this illustrious group of judges would do such a thing, of course, but it's not without precedent, and with this being the finals, I don't want to say something in my decision that may be considered by another judge as a point they didn't think of themselves (which is why I said directly or indirectly).

Self gratification was not the motivation for my comment.

I do think very highly of myself, however.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 12:48 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The wink was intended to let on that it was a joke. Shouldn't have said anything, I guess. Though I think you're being a tad elitist toward your fellow judges there ill. Just because we don't type out novels doesn't mean we aren't thorough...we just don't announce it to everyone at least twice a tourney that we read every word in a battle.

erm

Not sure what Ha-Son's post was intended as, but thatnks for the cookie. smile
...I was just explaining the situation, since I likely won't be able to vote. But with Red banned, I can't exactly tell anyone to get a replacement, which I may end up having to do on my own. Is newjak in charge as well still?

Last edited by Digi on Jul 12th, 2008 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:07 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Not "stroking" myself Digi, I've just bared witness to it on a few previous occasions, and I've also witnessed so-called "vets" be lazy and just go along with whoever posted their judgment first. Not saying this illustrious group of judges would do such a thing, of course, but it's not without precedent, and with this being the finals, I don't want to say something in my decision that may be considered by another judge as a point they didn't think of themselves (which is why I said directly or indirectly).

Self gratification was not the motivation for my comment.

I do think very highly of myself, however.
Yup because everyone cares what you think stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:10 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Self-gratification is my motivation for comment.

Which one of my girls is gonna take the cup? (Spot the veiled memetastic reference)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:14 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

The wink was intended to let on that it was a joke. Shouldn't have said anything, I guess. Though I think you're being a tad elitist toward your fellow judges there ill. Just because we don't type out novels doesn't mean we aren't thorough...we just don't announce it to everyone at least twice a tourney that we read every word in a battle.

erm

Not sure what Ha-Son's post was intended as, but thatnks for the cookie. smile
...I was just explaining the situation, since I likely won't be able to vote. But with Red banned, I can't exactly tell anyone to get a replacement, which I may end up having to do on my own. Is newjak in charge as well still?

Yeah, Newjak and Red are both coordinators of this thing.

And also don't trip, I didn't take offense or anything. It's damn near impossible to convey connotation online. I was just saying it wasn't an ego thing, it's just that this is the Finals and I don't want something I say to cause anything odd to occur.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:24 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by Newjak
Yup because everyone cares what you think stick out tongue

Silence Goldbug!!!

>Z<

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:24 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Silence Goldbug!!!
I may be Goldbug but you're Shitpiece stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:27 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I may be Goldbug but you're Shitpiece stick out tongue

laughing

>Z<

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:28 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

laughing
big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:32 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, Newjak and Red are both coordinators of this thing.

And also don't trip, I didn't take offense or anything. It's damn near impossible to convey connotation online. I was just saying it wasn't an ego thing, it's just that this is the Finals and I don't want something I say to cause anything odd to occur.

Fair enough. Conscious of the final's importance, at least, which is good.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:34 AM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Self-gratification is my motivation for comment.

Which one of my girls is gonna take the cup? (Spot the veiled memetastic reference)
messed

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:40 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Which one of my girls is gonna take the cup?

ahh, you silver-tongued devil, you say the sweetest things . . . love

and with all the judges chatter, maybe one of you 'illustrious' personages might wanna go ahead and drop in vote at some point . . .? you know, if you're not too busy being illustrious . . .

big grin

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 02:03 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by leonidas

and with all the judges chatter, maybe one of you 'illustrious' personages might wanna go ahead and drop in vote at some point . . .? you know, if you're not too busy being illustrious . . .

big grin
Don't worry I'm working on it. I'm reading it now. stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 02:04 AM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by leonidas

big grin
Dude, as if the battlefield wasn't crazy enough we have to muddle through all the amalgams, powers and claims made.
Don't worry I'm working on it. I'm reading it now. stick out tongue
Newjak reading.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 02:05 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote