KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Zero Punctuation

Zero Punctuation
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Not really most of his points are genuine, GTAIV is a boring game after you get past the sandbox, it's repetitive like other GTA's compered to it's earlier games which used to have wacky missions that were fun.

While i don't agree with all points most of them stem from a truth.
Yes, but I'm sure you could have come to that conclusion on your own.. we all knew somewhere that sandbox game play gets stale.. didn't need him to spell it out

Originally posted by JKozzy
The reviews amuse me. I'm not going to him to get a serious opinion. His best work was the Console Rundown, imo.

yes

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 07:02 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Yes, but I'm sure you could have come to that conclusion on your own.. we all knew somewhere that sandbox game play gets stale.. didn't need him to spell it out

yes

True but it was amusing none the less, we all know the flaws of games, like me i am not afraid to say Mass Effect is a poor game, to me at least but he says the same thing in a comical way.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 07:04 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

People may not like him, but I can probably guarantee that everyone has atleast one review where they totally agree with him. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 08:10 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

That's the point.

Smart people already know what it is he's saying, so if you're one of the aforementioned gamers who happens to not spread your assh*le for the hype penis every time a new game comes out, you'll have heard or thought it all before.

So then it just comes down to "Do you find him funny?". I do, a lot of the time. Even if I disagree, his analogies and structure are comical to me. It's not necessarily that he's teaching me anything, more that it's refreshing to know that there are more than two souls left in the world who happen to agree that GTA4 was an overhyped wankpile.

Then it's even funnier watching the hype die down and people, who previously used the CD hole as a pleasure device, start realising it's not actually that great.

He likes GTA 4, but then the man has a talent for highlighting the negatives, being true about it and being entertaining. I've never once see him deny that he likes something I think is shit, just doesn't focus on it. He highlighted that he enjoys the combat in Devil May Cry 4, but then he also said that you could achieve a similar result by making a wasp fight a spider with Slipknot in the background, then pouring red and green marbles over whoever wins.

As funny as that analogy is, it's true. It doesn't mean he can't like it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 9th, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 10:10 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont really considering him a reviewer.

He's highly entertaining and he raises good points, but I dont considering him a reviewer. I take his stance on games he talks about with a grain of salt.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 05:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by The j0keR
People may not like him, but I can probably guarantee that everyone has atleast one review where they totally agree with him. stick out tongue

yes

GTA IV for me. Parts of others.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I dont really considering him a reviewer.

He's highly entertaining and he raises good points, but I dont considering him a reviewer. I take his stance on games he talks about with a grain of salt.

yes

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 05:13 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's a reviewer in the sense that he does reviews of games, but it's more in the tone of "Here's my opinion of the game.", as opposed to telling you what he thought about the game and what it contains with a view to recommending it or not.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 09:57 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's probably it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 10:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Not very sure...but I think Croshaw does not use a rating system for his reviews. I think he even hates them...I think..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 02:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

He sorta reminds me of the Angry Video Game Nerd but for modern games.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 05:23 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Cronshaw comments on Lucas, Wii, and The Force Unleashed.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...Force-Unleashed

(cover your ears children)

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Oct 9th, 2008 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 04:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I think that's one of his best videos. I couldn't stop laughing.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 11:33 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I liked his opinions on the Wii and on Star Wars, I continue to love him. His Mercs 2 review had me in stitches. laughing out loud

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 11:56 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

his style reminds me of redeye from edge magazine...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 12:16 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote