KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2009 (Updated!)- Main Rules

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2009 (Updated!)- Main Rules
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Two successes kills the main target, three kills those around it also.

Special cases like a sonic gun are just done on the fly. It is a heavy blaster for most purposes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 07:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Btw how will the spending XP work?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 02:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

WIll be revealed soon!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I have a question about Orthodox guard and Perfect Strike then another one about Focused Gaurd and Perfect Strike.

Both OG and PS say they will turn a rolled one into success. If you would have them both in would that mean that if you rolled two ones then they would both become successes?

My question on FG and PS is a little different. It says in PS that the rolled one becomes a 4 but if you have FG in you need 5+ for successes. So does that mean that the single rolled one that turns into a success I would get for PS would still count as a failure if I had FG in?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

1. Yes, you get both.

2. It would indeed be a failure.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:02 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm going to change FG to OG then as my move. I'm pretty happy with everything else.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:05 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Added rules for treatment and Heal all points.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 10:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

What effects do *'s have on Supermooks now?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 02:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nothing.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 08:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Oooh, sadness. Just makes them that much harder to off...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 05:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

New Pilot schticks are up!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 08:53 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

They look neat! Are the rules to follow? And will starships be customizeable once we have that full set?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 11:06 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

No changes to Living and Cosmic Powers, Ush? Do I still pay 2 points for Staredown power?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 19th, 2009 04:12 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

ok, i have a question about the starship merit, you say "Ship customising rules will follow." but... i see no Ship customising rules... erm

Godzilla is my bro, watch out....

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 10:47 PM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually that's been junked- you just get the starship; the templates will go up before too long. Any betterness with your ship will be represented by Pilot schticks.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 10:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Some updates:

Combat rules updated- rules for the dangers of withdrawing from melee combat have been added. 'Charge' has been updated to specifically remind it makes you immune to this. Some Combat Schticks will as well, when that is updated.

Also, rules for using melee weapons against Lightsabrs have been added into the weapons section.

-

But the big news is, the Pilot rules (and ships...) are finally up!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 25th, 2011 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 04:25 PM
Lord Melkor

I see that Martial powers that costed 2 points are now at 1. What about Living and Cosmic powers, for example Illusion?

By the way, that trick that Yalawari Pax did in your island of fire game, can it be replicated in the rules?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 09:59 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

In theory. Is it in the current force trees though- no.

Things are still developing, on the costing froint.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Force powers updated!

Note all costs have been removed. THis is because the default csot for a Mastery power is now always 1 unless specified otherwise in the description.

Plenty of tweaks to many powers (Advanced Bombard, Fling Strike, Evade, Staredown... a few others...). Note the use of terms like 'Stun' and 'Knockdown'. These are powers designed for Combat schticks (giving them access to stuff that Blade schticks do not have- Blade scthticks are very dangerous in a more conventional sense). However, I still do not have a full list of the revamped Combat schticks (though they are all finished and tested!); I'll post the rules when those go up.

The Living and Cosmic trees are much less tested than the others, so future tweaks on effects and costs are more likely to happen there.

Some powers and scthciks (e.g. Strike, Reflection) can be used after the dice are rolled- in this case, I'll give you the option to retroactively change the situation after I post it.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 02:44 PM
Lord Melkor

Does Illusion warrant two point cost?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 10:31 PM