KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2009 (Updated!)- Main Rules

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2009 (Updated!)- Main Rules
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aggravatingly, I still don't have a copy of some of the finalised schticks. I've updated the blade schticks as best I can; the Light Siders will have to use what I have for now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 02:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Can Block stack? Say you're using Balanced Guard's +2 Armor but decide to to use Block for another +1? Or would you look at it as you do with pool, where the highest value added is what you take?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:35 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No powers ever stack unless specified.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

That means that the Perfect Strike and Orthodox Guard only have 2+ Attack pool and not 4?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 10:03 AM
Bardock42

That is unfortunate, I hadn't considered that.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 12:33 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

You do get the bonus of both changing your dice, though.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:48 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And we are in business!

All schticks have now been updated to their correct values. RUles for Knockback and Stun have been added.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 11:51 PM
Bardock42

Gallador and I were wondering about the power domination. I read it as follows:

"Domination can only target those with a lower Force Power rating than yourself. You can target people up to half your Force Power rating each game. The ‘X’ you spend on Domination increases your Force rating for the purposes of using this power, both for those who can target and how many you can target."

The way I understand it it means that since you have a force rating of 8 you can target up to half of that force rating each game, which would be 4. And you can only target those with a lower force rating that yourself, which in our group would be everyone but Rand and Azarl.

The way I understood the "x" is that you can increase the force rating, meaning you could spend 3 force points on "x" and then even target Rand and up to 5 people (because 8 + 3 = 11 and 11/2 = 5,5)

Gallador on the other hand seems to have read it differently, if I understand correctly he thinks he can target all people below half his force power. Meaning if he had 8 and spend 2, he could target all with a force power of less than 6. Maybe he can explain better what he meant...well, or you could just tell us how it works, haha.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:56 PM
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42

Gallador on the other hand seems to have read it differently, if I understand correctly he thinks he can target all people below half his force power. Meaning if he had 8 and spend 2, he could target all with a force power of less than 6. Maybe he can explain better what he meant...well, or you could just tell us how it works, haha.

Actually I understand so the combined Force Rating of people affected matters, so with effective Force Ratingo of 10 only one person could really be effected.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 12:01 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll get a Domination confirmation for you when I can.

Minor updates made to Both Guns Blazing and Defensive Leap/

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

My current reading on Domination:

- Force points spent increase your Force rating for the purposes of this power

- You can affect up to halve your Rating in people

- Dominate those with the lowest Force rating in the group first.

- You cannot Dominate anyone with a higher Force rating

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 7th, 2010 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:27 PM
Bardock42

Ah okay, that's good to know. Partly cause it means Con's just fine as long as Gallador doesn't spend 4 Force Points on it stick out tongue

Although if you spend all 8 you can control the whole group except for Rand.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Mar 7th, 2010 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Small alteration made to the way lightsbare pool is calculated- i.e. it's not now calculated at all; it is just stated.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 16th, 2011 at 06:48 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Questions!

1) Are there going to be any new schticks coming out soon? Random curiosity.

2) Some of the schticks and powers have perks that aren't explicitly stated, like Gunslinger allows you to draw a pistol for free or Precision allowing you to perform delicate telekinetic tasks. Are there any other schticks/powers that have things like this attached to them?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 07:30 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shery

Hello!

I've been trying to find something in the rules about advertising other boards but haven't been able to.

Is advertising here allowed? I own a Star Wars RP board which has been running since April 2010. I'd love to advertise it here (and have you guys advertise at our place as well) but have no wish to break the rules.

Thank you! smile

Old Post May 31st, 2011 12:39 PM
Shery is currently offline Click here to Send Shery a Private Message Find more posts by Shery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Advertising other boards is generally prohibited, I'm afraid.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2011 02:40 AM
Shery

Bummer. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Have a good one smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2011 10:52 AM
Shery is currently offline Click here to Send Shery a Private Message Find more posts by Shery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Does the schtick Ka-Boom! have any added effect against Mooks?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 09:58 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Literally yes but only if they have very advance warning, because Mooks typically don't jump out the way of explosions like supermooks and named characters do.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 07:00 PM