KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Olympics

Olympics
Started by: DestinyGuy678

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

im cheering for Armenia. hopefully we do well.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:48 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, I was giving reasons, why I think the US still fares better, didn't I?

You did, but American college sports really don't matter. There's no football in the Olympics (obviously) and the US basketball team sucks because they're pros who play half-ass to prevent getting an injury because they're playing for free. Not many universities have intercollegiate Taekwondo, weightlifting, waterpolo or rifle shooting. The US is number 3 in world pop. but the difference between it and number 2, India, is massive. But India sucks in the Olympics.....

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:08 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You did, but American college sports really don't matter. There's no football in the Olympics (obviously) and the US basketball team sucks because they're pros who play half-ass to prevent getting an injury because they're playing for free. Not many universities have intercollegiate Taekwondo, weightlifting, waterpolo or rifle shooting. The US is number 3 in world pop. but the difference between it and number 2, India, is massive. But India sucks in the Olympics.....
I do think that the college and schools take a big part in it though. Then you are a country that really likes it's sports too, and you are relatively free. It does make sense, is still quite good though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:23 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

The US swept fencing and michael phelps just broke the olympic record in the first heat

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:09 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

US Redeem team crushed yao's china

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:49 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Hoff. Facepalm.jpg

Dang.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:22 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Only time I'm patriotic. GO USA. Bring home the gold.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

so far the US is leading the medal count

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:38 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Relay. I came buckets.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:43 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colle1986

china is the best.............

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 06:18 PM
colle1986 is currently offline Click here to Send colle1986 a Private Message Find more posts by colle1986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
so far the US is leading the medal count

China has the most medals and is dominating in golds.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 06:41 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

That 400m relay in swimming was awesome! I loved it!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 07:42 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

US Redeem team crushed yao's china

King James > Chairman Yao

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 08:25 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
King James > Chairman Yao
he knocked him over too, they couldnt handle all of them. THey might be perfect haha

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:04 AM
Trackz

Originally posted by forumcrew
China has the most medals and is dominating in golds.

china has the most golds, but right now US has the most medals thanks to swimming, and more golds are coming from womens tennis, womens volleyball, men and womens basket ball, and track

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:05 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I just watched some boring horse riding, what the hells this doing at the Olympics, not really a sport is it apart for the horses input.

Might as well put chess in it as well.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 03:10 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I just watched some boring horse riding, what the hells this doing at the Olympics, not really a sport is it apart for the horses input.

it takes skill to control the hourses, the rider IM pretty sure has to be in pretty good shappe too not to weight down the horse, it does require athletic skill

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:57 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Bicnarok

Thats been part of the Olympics for years. I don't watch that part of the games

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 06:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

china has the most golds, but right now US has the most medals thanks to swimming, and more golds are coming from womens tennis, womens volleyball, men and womens basket ball, and track

The US technically wins the medal count if they have 50 medals and China have 40 medals, but if the US only has 50 bronze and China has 40 gold, it doesnt mean shit who has the most.
Currently Australia is 6th with
5 4 7 Total 16
Korea is 3rd
6 7 3 Total 16

If we get another gold, we'll still be under Korea even though we have more medals.

On topic - China is on fire, everytime I check the count, they've earned another 5 or so gold. Hate to think what they'd be on if they had a better swimming team.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 03:26 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Team USA won. Its fun knowing what happens before you watch it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 06:45 PM