KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Olympics

Olympics
Started by: DestinyGuy678

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Comes out as:
China: 186
USA: 165

Essentially China (81) has the roughly the same number of medals as the USA (83) except they simply have a G: S: B ratio of 3:1:2 instead of 1:1:1.

All this "who´s got the most medals" business is rather silly.

It all comes down to how much money certain countries are willing to invest in their competitors. Plus those with a large population and therefore more to choose from have an extra bit of advantage.

India has a massive population & have won only 3 medals total so far.

And Britian which has a small population has won 47 so far.

This makes you think how many potential "bolts" there are which will never get the chance to become the best.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 03:04 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

TEAM USA

Saw it live

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 08:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

That game was ridiculous.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 08:24 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

who won

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 12:42 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Bolt and Phelps make me go, "Woof!".

What do people think of the International Olympic Committee president's comments that Bolt shouldn't be show-boating after races out of respect to the rest of the field? Personally, I love it! He's so calm and relaxed before his races, and then he really enjoys the wins. I think that's a great way of encouraging kids to get involved in sport.

The president sounds like an *******.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 01:58 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Bolt and Phelps make me go, "Woof!".

What do people think of the International Olympic Committee president's comments that Bolt shouldn't be show-boating after races out of respect to the rest of the field? Personally, I love it! He's so calm and relaxed before his races, and then he really enjoys the wins. I think that's a great way of encouraging kids to get involved in sport.

i dont think it's so much the showboating after races as during races...and still breaking world records, that really pisses off the officials...but **** the officials...the man is a revelation in sprinting...if it means he makes the rest of the pack look silly then the rest of the pack need to up their game

i also think he wants to break the record again and again so as to continually stay in the spotlight...and why not?...it's a prudent business desicion...if he'd gone all out and totally destroyed the world records by giving it his all...and was then unable to break them again...he'd soon fade...he'd probably still win every race for the next decade but no records broken means not as much coverage means not as much sponsorship either directly to him or to fund prize money in the sport

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 09:13 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
igolf

yeah, china and america both did well in this 2008 olympic

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 11:14 PM
igolf is currently offline Click here to Send igolf a Private Message Find more posts by igolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote