KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age

Dragon Age
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Man this game is huge.

I'm preloading off Steam and for about 30 minutes, I'm only at 24%.

And that's at 1.1 MB/s!!!!

Jesus, I love Steam.

mad

Why do you get it before me? sad

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 11:32 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

^Don't worry man. If you head to Walmart, then you get it at midnight. If you go to Gamestop, then you get it early tomorrow, no worries man.

All I know is, before I play it, I'm downloading Warden's Keep, since Stone Prisoner and the BD Armor come with it. Once I do, I probably won't leave my room for a while...except to bathe and feed.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 11:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Some of the ones mailed by EA arrived early, mine was one of them. However, they sent me the wrong one... I ordered the 360 and ended up with PC.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 12:33 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Played it for a few hours earlier today. Not exactly my type of game, but I can't say I'm disappointed either.

Being able to pause the game and queue your party's moves is pretty neat. The camera positions are pretty cool too: you can play the game like NWN(and countless other RPGs) or like Baldur's Gate or Diablo.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 12:36 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Well Bioware did make Baldur's Gate. Don't mess with a working formula I always say.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 12:41 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by KingD19
^Don't worry man. If you head to Walmart, then you get it at midnight. If you go to Gamestop, then you get it early tomorrow, no worries man.

All I know is, before I play it, I'm downloading Warden's Keep, since Stone Prisoner and the BD Armor come with it. Once I do, I probably won't leave my room for a while...except to bathe and feed.

It's first out here in Europa on Friday the 6 november so sad

But the listed below sounds like what is going to happen to me too wink

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 01:25 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by KingD19
Well yeah, about that.

From Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon...od_Dragon_Armor

Blood Dragon Armor

The Blood Dragon Armor downloadable content will provide access to a unique set of armor that will be accessible in both Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. The code for this product will be shipped along with every new retail copy of the game and will be e-mailed to people who purchased digital versions. The code will work across all platforms, meaning players can buy Dragon Age: Origins for the PC but use the code for the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2 or vice versa.

As for why, because someone might get Dragon Age for 360, then Mass Effect for PS3 or PC. BIOWARE is awesome like that. You need me to school you again, let me know. cool

1: Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source in instances like this.

2: I am sitting here looking at the code for the Blood Dragon Armor for Mass Effect 2 in the PC copy of Dragon Age and it's setup is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. So, tell me, how are you going to put this code in the 360 when it only takes codes that have the setup of xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx? you are looking at a grand total of 8 fewer characters in the PC code than the 360 code.

3: I looked at the source Wikipedia used, and see nothing about it being able to work across platforms.

quote:
Commissioned by an infamous Nevarran dragon hunter, this armor was crafted in a time when dragons had almost been hunted to extinction. Infused with their blood, the armor gained notoriety after the hunter died at the hands of men rather than the dragons it was designed to protect him from.

Purchase a new copy of Dragon Age: Origins (regular or Collector's Edition) and receive a code to download Blood Dragon Armor, a full set of armor that grants exceptional protection in combat.

Activate the code in Dragon Age: Origins and the Blood Dragon Armor will also unlock for use in BioWare's upcoming science fiction epic, Mass Effect 2. Take your armor to the edge of the galaxy!

•Acquire a new 4-piece armor set for Dragon Age: Origins.
•You'll also receive a copy of the Blood Dragon Armor in BioWare's upcoming science fiction epic, Mass Effect 2.

*Included with original purchase and registration of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 01:36 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

how are the graphics on PC?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:13 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by BoratBorat
how are the graphics on PC?

Well, I play on the highest possible settings on 1680x1050. Character models look pretty damn good, but the environments... well, not so much messed

Also, AA works.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:19 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Well, I play on the highest possible settings on 1680x1050. Character models look pretty damn good, but the environments... well, not so much messed

Also, AA works.

What are the specs on your computer?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:55 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Utrigita
What are the specs on your computer?

Intel Core i7 920
4GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 285

Also a 750GB HDD, but that's not really important.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:08 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Intel Core i7 920
4GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 285

Also a 750GB HDD, but that's not really important.

Nice thanks.

I should have a decent chance of getting good graphic then smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:17 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Nice thanks.

I should have a decent chance of getting good graphic then smile

Yea, my PC is more or less overkill for Dragon Age anyway.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:20 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

what is your Graphic card and CPU? Im hoping mine would be ok to play it on max settings.

AMD phenom 9750 2.4ghz and 4870 here(upgrading CPU and GPU soon).

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:46 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

mad

Why do you get it before me? sad

Because I do?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would my setup max it out or no?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 04:06 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Smasandian
Because I do?

sad

BoratBorat: You PC should be enough to run in high settings from what I gathered from the Dragon Age Origins website.

Last edited by Utrigita on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 04:12 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by BoratBorat
Would my setup max it out or no?

Yes. What resolution do you plan on playing it on, by the way?

EDIT: Actually, it's a pretty powerful setup you have there. You sure you need to upgrade?

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 04:13 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
1: Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source in instances like this.

2: I am sitting here looking at the code for the Blood Dragon Armor for Mass Effect 2 in the PC copy of Dragon Age and it's setup is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. So, tell me, how are you going to put this code in the 360 when it only takes codes that have the setup of xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx? you are looking at a grand total of 8 fewer characters in the PC code than the 360 code.

3: I looked at the source Wikipedia used, and see nothing about it being able to work across platforms.

You want me to tell you how?? Because you don't redeem the code from the XBOX Live menu, you redeem it from the main menu in game. You go to downloadable content in the main menu, then when you find the DLC you want, you press redeem EA code. Which is why they only have the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format. And since it's in game, and all games use the same code system, it can go across all platforms.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:29 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Yea, I realised that when I looked at one of the 360 codes. I feel quite foolish now, sorry.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:36 PM