KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age

Dragon Age
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

No problem, everyone makes mistakes, me included. THIS GAME RAWKS!!!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:47 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

The complaints about the 360 visuals are disappointing, but I don't think my PC can run it.

I might be getting a PS3 this christmas though, so maybe I should go for the PS3 one and not 360.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 11:55 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This game is PC or bust for me.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 02:11 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yes. What resolution do you plan on playing it on, by the way?

EDIT: Actually, it's a pretty powerful setup you have there. You sure you need to upgrade?
Yes actually because i need a stronger system to do my work.

I need a more powerful CPU because i do alot of 3d modelling in maya studios and i need it rendered.

For my current monitor i plan at playing at 1280 by 1024.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 02:31 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Got it for the PC.

Spent two hours in character creation and walking around reading books. I'm so going to put alot of hours into this. ****, I wish this came out last week when I had nothing to do.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:58 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by BoratBorat
Yes actually because i need a stronger system to do my work.

I need a more powerful CPU because i do alot of 3d modelling in maya studios and i need it rendered.

For my current monitor i plan at playing at 1280 by 1024.

4870 is a bit overkill for 1280x1024. but then again, if you're doing modeling, some extra power will never hurt.

I suppose a Core i7 is the only logical upgrade from that.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:52 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Has anyone who played this performed a Finishing Move/Death Blow on purpose?? Or is it just a random event with different weapons and enemies?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 12:08 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire
This game is PC or bust for me.

Same, which is why I'm going to wait to get it.

If I decide to get it at all.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 03:15 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
4870 is a bit overkill for 1280x1024. but then again, if you're doing modeling, some extra power will never hurt.

I suppose a Core i7 is the only logical upgrade from that.

Yeah thats why im changing my monitor to play games at max resolution.

I would have gotten an i7 but my motherboard only supports AMD cpu's sad

My rig isn't just for gaming as i said earlier but alot of video editing and 3d stuff, the school comps frustrate the hell out of me.

But i think i am upgrading to a Phenom II 955 BE which has great performance for its price and a 5970 to max out all games on high resolutions(hopefully crysis).

Btw i just got DAO, the game is awesome.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:23 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Must get now.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 10:15 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

mad , you guys going on about how its awsome and that you've got it and I have to wait until 6th on Friday. sad

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 10:45 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do you have to wait till the 6th? You live in europe?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:34 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I've played it a little on the 360. I have to say combat is a mixed bag. You want to engange in combat but you also feel like avoiding it entirely.

It's a contradiction, that's just how turn based combat in rpg's makes me feel. It's fine in RTS but I'm just not convinced when it's in RPGs. Other than that I'm liking it so far.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 02:28 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's not turn based though.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

It's real time, but it's still attributes against each other, not regular fighting. So it's your strength against your opponent's strength, etc... And like KOTOR 1 & 2, the moves are carried out automatically once you press attack. The only thing you actually trigger is your Talents/Skills/Spells/Potions/Traps/Poisons, etc....

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:04 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's not turn based though.

It's a real-time/"turn based" hybrid, because of the auto attack and defense. The talents though do compensate for the automated aspects, I'm warming to the combat the more talents my warrior gets.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 10:44 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by KingD19
It's real time, but it's still attributes against each other, not regular fighting. So it's your strength against your opponent's strength, etc... And like KOTOR 1 & 2, the moves are carried out automatically once you press attack. The only thing you actually trigger is your Talents/Skills/Spells/Potions/Traps/Poisons, etc....

I did a bit of a marathon playthrough for about 3 hrs since I posted. The combat is getting better with the addition of weapon shield talents.

The combat (despite my earlier reservions) is significantly better than Kotor's, whose system was boring to be honest.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 10:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Morridini
The complaints about the 360 visuals are disappointing,

Such as ?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Simply put, it looks bad compared to the PC and PS3.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:46 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Allankles
It's a real-time/"turn based" hybrid, because of the auto attack and defense. The talents though do compensate for the automated aspects, I'm warming to the combat the more talents my warrior gets.

Not really turn base at all. Everything happens in real time. It's strategic real time combat.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:33 PM